• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm in 100%. This looks great. They're smart to start off with a Harley-centric trailer to get people on board. The next trailer is probably gonna be all about the other women.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
This looks a lot better than I was expecting judging from the over-the-top marketing so far. I like what I see.

Sep 12, 2018
My main takeaway from Suicide Squad was "just give Harley Quinn her own movie with zero Jared Leto" so this makes me happy. Warner Bros really know how to color grade their comic book movies too.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I was pretty indifferent in the beginning, but by the end of that trailer, I loved it.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Liking the tone of this a LOT. Leading with Harley makes sense. I assume the other trailers will show the other characters more. I'm there day one though.

That was kinda underwhelming. Also, no McGregor in mask?
I think this is the only thing worrying/bothering me. Though it might be something that happens toward the end either with a mask or they might just go for the skull head.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm the only one it seems, who thinks Robbie is horrendous in this role. Her voice, her delivery... it all blows.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i dont hate it. wish they had costumes though. like why use black mask if he isnt going to wear a black mask

Oct 27, 2017
This movie really could have used costumes.

Yeah they went full fucking Smallville with the abundance of street clothes as "costumes".

Doesn't look great, doesn't look like total garbage I suppose, but I'm not seeing anything really that exciting here either. Margot seems like she's having fun.

This is very clearly Gotham City Sirens or the HQ solo movie more than it is Birds of Prey.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Liking the tone of this a LOT. Leading with Harley makes sense. I assume the other trailers will show the other characters more. I'm there day one though.

I think this is the only thing worrying/bothering me. Though it might be something that happens toward the end either with a mask or they might just go for the skull head.
Seems like he's a pretty boy narcissist, so maybe they fuck up his face real good near the end and it forces him to wear the mask?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really seeing what everyone else is in this tbh, looks pretty bad?
Still in though, hoping it was just a bad trailer.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Aight, yeah, I'm into this.

Funny enough, though, this trailer is edited like the Joker trailers.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer doesn't do much for me but I'm in day 1. The color really does pop

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The direction/cinematography looks a lot better than most of the other DC universe films.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, it is better than expected but still, not feeling it yet.

Quinn is perfect, but i'll reserve my judgment on the rest of the cast.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in 100%. This looks great. They're smart to start off with a Harley-centric trailer to get people on board. The next trailer is probably gonna be all about the other women.

I would not be surprised if the other women aren't prominent characters. Based on the amount of scenes shown here Quinn is the star, it didn't really seem like they were editing around her to make her part look more than it was. Her part looks like everything.