• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, although I still question Cass being a completely different character (moreso than the rest of the cast). The marketing on this has been a bit uneven, but this was a solid trailer. Like Suicide Squad the trailer might be all smoke and mirrors, but WB has done well with DC movies since WW (ignoring JL), so hopefully this is another slam dunk as well. I might watch it, depending on how I feel at the time and if I have someone to see it with.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Great trailer.

There's a real energy that comes across in the footage, they're definitely going for a Deadpool vibe here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate, hate, HATE, HATE!!!! Cassandra Cain in this movie. Did I say hate? Cause I really fucking hate her in this.

*deep breathe*

Sigh.....ok. I'm just gonna have to look past her, the awful fucking Huntress, and ridiculous pathetic looking Mr. Zsasz, and just enjoy Ewan and Margot and pretend that no one else is in this. Yes, that is what I shall do. I got through Batman & Robin, I can get through this shit.
You have a picture of tom hardy from venom... which isnt a great movie by any margin. If you're bothered by this that much simply don't watch.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There's just something about Margot Robbie's line readings as Harley that's putting me off. It just sounds fake to me! And I know that's acting, but I'm not supposed to be able to tell that someone's acting.

Mezzaerin

Nov 19, 2019
Don't know why they need to include Cassandra Cain if they're going to completely change the character. Otherwise, looks like what I expected.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, this isn't grabbing me at all, it feels way too much like Suicide Squad to me and I had an allergic reaction to almost every aspect of that movie. I'll keep an eye on reviews and catch it if it ends up being great, but this looks pretty boring to me.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah years ago id be excited as fuck for this but...I ain't feeling this either maybe cause how the much the DCEU feels ... non-existent anymore :/

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
There's just something about Margot Robbie's line readings as Harley that's putting me off. It just sounds fake to me! And I know that's acting, but I'm not supposed to be able to tell that someone's acting.

It reminds me of Joseph Gordon Levitt speaking in The Walk and Snowden. So much effort is put into the voice it becomes distracting.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow this is the first time something for this has actually grabbed me. Definitely interested now.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
I have a picture of Tom Hardy, which happens to be from Venom, which will probably be a much better film than this one will be.
giphy.gif

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought WB moved away from this type of stuff, but dunno. Was better than the previous trailers, I guess. Looks like a sequel to Batman and Robin directed by Joel Schumacher.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Robbie's accent seemed off in this. Still isn't really grabbing me yet, but I'll probably be there day 1.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm in for Ewan & Winstead. Not much else to be interested in aside from that for me. At least it's under 2 hours.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
*Shrugs*

To each their own, I guess.

I don't get any of that
That's cool. I desperately want to be wrong but every trailer has just reminded me of the bad DC movies rather than the good ones. There are strange tonal shifts throughout each trailer; every one they've released has felt like it was for a different film. The Snyder (and Ayer) films felt that way too. Feels like a movie made in the edit/post production (reshoots?) or as a product of meddling beyond the filmmakers. Again, I want to be wrong because I like the characters and Ewan. The colors and exaggeration everywhere gives me Schumacher vibes as well.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You mean it not looking flat as a pedestrian TV show filmed but as an stylized movie that recalls the visual power of its source media?

That's a win in my book.
Hey when I was a kid and first saw Batman and Robin I loved it precisely because it felt like a comic book (and I died on that hill with friends for years). Nowadays I can't say I share that opinion, but how this film turns out remains to be seen.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Hey when I was a kid and first saw Batman and Robin I loved it precisely because it felt like a comic book (and I died on that hill with friends for years). Nowadays I can't say I share that opinion, but how this film turns out remains to be seen.
My dude you should really watch B&R again if you think this is even comparable.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My dude you should really watch B&R again if you think this is even comparable.
I would rather save myself that trauma. I just found it funny that you used an argument I used to use to defend B&R (and Forever) for years. I was young! And stupid! Or at least more stupid! I don't know!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not given any reason to believe that this will go differently than suicide squad. Will be happy to be pleasantly surprised and proven wrong though.
Why are you likening it to Suicide Squad? Harley is the only thing the two have in common. Completely different creative teams.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you likening it to Suicide Squad? Harley is the only thing the two have in common. Completely different creative teams.
Has looked and felt a lot like Suicide Squad throughout the entire trailer process to me as well. Shrug. I think everyone on earth hopes it turns out differently than that abomination.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Has looked and felt a lot like Suicide Squad throughout the entire trailer process to me as well. Shrug. I think everyone on earth hopes it turns out differently than that abomination.
Literally the only thing the trailers have had in common are that they're both kinda fun In the trailer? The two are literally nothing alike and makes no sense to compare them

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I didn´t quite know what to think about the original trailer but this one is amazing. Day 1 baby. Harley´s new DCU show is a 9/10 btw. So fucking good. Six-Seasons-and-a-Movie for that one pls.

I like the EE of Suicide Squad but they are my favorite DC team (unless you count the Bat-family as one). Their 2 toons films, both feature Harley, are good too:
The creator of that team John Ostrander (the 80s and 90s version) further "loved" that film.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess some people have really gotten used to the flat lighting and overly CGI aesthetic that has plagued a lot of blockbusters lately.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Literally the only thing the trailers have had in common are that they're both kinda fun In the trailer? The two are literally nothing alike and makes no sense to compare them
I'm not sure you know what the word literally means, but I'll just agree to disagree. I think we both want the movie to be great regardless of what we're detecting from what we've seen.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Oh yeah. The only live-action DC film that I don´t like that WB put out last decade was Green Lantern (2011). Hides in shame but not really. It even had Amanda Waller and was supposed to start a cinematic DC universe. Like for real!
Everything else is at least a solid 7/10 but I am willing to admit that the Ayer cut or at least his original vision of SS (it had Steppenwolf and set up JLA) and obviously Snyder´s JLA would have been preferred. It´s the toon film line that is ALL over the place. Those are made to cheaply test the waters for all sorts of things, the fixed budget for them may or may not be 3.5 mil, and Harley got one too where she got to be the protagonist. The worst DC toon since the forgotten Superman: Brainiac Attacks from 2006. 4/10 Here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_and_Harley_Quinn

The best take on the Bird yet outside of the comics (their live-action show was total shit but it had the first live-action Harley):

That Batman toon was great! The forgotten BOP show: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Prey_(TV_series)