• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As Rvaan said, we are in the critical darling DC season :v

This looks fun, I look forward to see it, but maybe not on cinema for now
I'm saving for Sanic El Jeshejojo

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The trailers must of managed to edit out any of the interesting bits which seems odd for a trailer. Judging though by most of the reviews praising violence and cursing as the highlights I don't think I'll miss much sitting this one out.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
When's the last time an overwhelming positive social media impressions turned out to be about a bad film?

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I see none of the critics have addressed the elephant in the room. That the movie is built ona palace of lies and that there really aren't enough bird-powered heroes/villains to warrant being called "Birds of Prey"

I had this discussion with a friend recently because of the "Core" team only Black Canary has a bird-related name. Then they found a list of all members on Wiki and less than a quarter of them have had bird-related names, I think we should sue DC!

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Yo those tweets are good but can we stop posting Erik Davis' shit? He's not a real critic. His job is to push fandango tickets

dude fucking "loves" everything

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
When's the last time an overwhelming positive social media impressions turned out to be about a bad film?

i have the rise of skywalker early impressions thread open right now, and the first page would never indicate that the film would end up as low as 52%

there's also plenty of people deeper in the thread saying 'theses are critics' impressions, not fans

the definition of a 'critic' is very loose these days

ps. lookin' forward to birds of prey

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the critics I like seem to have really enjoyed the film. Based on the stuff I've been hearing about the film I'm not shocked at the positive reactions.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to point out that most of these snippets are such focused praise they don't actually highlight the movies excellence in any way. Writing that the movie is "fun", "action packed", "a celebration.." says nothing. Also praising Robbie is practically a shoo-in. This feels like the same critic reception that came before TRoS and we all know how that turned out.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
i have the rise of skywalker early impressions thread open right now, and the first page would never indicate that the film would end up as low as 52%

there's also plenty of people deeper in the thread saying 'theses are critics' impressions, not fans

the definition of a 'critic' is very loose these days

ps. lookin' forward to birds of prey
Just going a few pages deeper and the reactions get more mixed.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Not going to be tricked again after the RoS tweet thread. That was a heartbreak I can never forget.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to point out that most of these snippets are such focused praise they don't actually highlight the movies excellence in any way. Writing that the movie is "fun", "action packed", "a celebration.." says nothing. Also praising Robbie is practically a shoo-in. This feels like the same critic reception that came before TRoS and we all know how that turned out.
TRoS got divisive early impressions and divisive reviews. For every tweet that said they liked it there was another that said it was a travesty. And I'm talking about critics, not fan impressions.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Except many of the tweets were downright scathing.
TRoS got divisive early impressions and divisive reviews. For every tweet that said they liked it there was another that said it was a travesty.
The very first batch of tweets were extremely positive. If memory serves it was the critic screening and especially the afternoon/LA screening that brought the mixed feedback in.

I say this because I remember the rollercoaster of emotions and I remember the skepticism expressed by some of the posters here when the first wave of "loved it" tweets surfaced.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Why are these social media impressions a thing?

We go through this every damn time.

My God. You may be right.
What's funny is how you really only see comments like this when it's critic social media impressions for superhero stuff and blockbusters, not when it's social media impressions for like Midsommar

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with this revisionist history that RoS got overall positive social media reactions from critics? Right out of the gate I saw mixed reception. Even the people that liked it cautioned that it will be divisive.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Girl, you're either misremembering or didn't actually read the Ride of Skywalker critics impressions. There was a lot of negativity in there.