• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017
I never knew this was being made, I thought to myself when clicking the thread that it'd be funny if it was the one from Harvey Birdman

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
its a bit odd, like a mix of birdman and archer and not exactly in an appealing way

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
med_1473730909_1382482031_image.jpg

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Just found out about this from a trailer in my youtube recommendations

I love Harvey Birdman, and I love Paget Brewster even more.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
After being excited about the prospect of the show and then watching the first look .. bad animation and bad writing? Sign me... oh NVM.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Seems like the same quality of animation as the first show with just a different art style
Well, yes but it's also not the same year as the original show.

The lazy secretary who is only there to be torn in the lead character is a trope that is tiresome. The set up and execution is totally predictable.

Mind you I don't want shakespeare but I also don't want tropes and lazy writing.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Well, yes but it's also not the same year as the original show.

The lazy secretary who is only there to be torn in the lead character is a trope that is tiresome. The set up and execution is totally predictable.

Mind you I don't want shakespeare but I also don't want tropes and lazy writing.
Idk, when you've got some of the best shows done with so little animation it doesn't make sense to "sakuga out" now.

The original show was good but not an all timer for me so I'm might be the best judge but this looks more of the same.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Fucking whaaaaa?

I had no idea they were making this. Day one.

edit: I'm surprised to hear people are mixed on this. I think both the clip and trailer seem pretty strong. It likely won't be quite as out there as Harvey Birdman was (re-watching it more recently has really made this apparent), Birdgirl was always a great character and the humor seems pretty solid here. The only thing I'll miss is if the show excises all the Hana Barbera cartoon references and cameos of the original.

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'll miss is if the show excises all the Hana Barbera cartoon references and cameos of the original.
Yeah I think this is running into the Venture Bros. problem where WB suddenly sees those characters are possibly profitable and wants them away from stuff like this.

Then again Scooby is getting a mature rated prequel show about Velma somehow so maybe this is just a creative choice from the showrunners.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Half of the appeal for me is gone without any of the old cast + no classic Hana Barbera characters acting like assholes. Not sure what's the point of linking it to the original show.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm excited but it'll be weird if there's really no HB cast. Like do they really thing everyone from Laffolympics can be profitable on their own again?

Happo

Jul 5, 2018
Reeeaally not feeling it. This looks so different and even seems to have different kind of humour. Why didn't they just make a new series?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Seems fun. Kinda wish there was more Hanna Barberra stuff

Yeah I think this is running into the Venture Bros. problem where WB suddenly sees those characters are possibly profitable and wants them away from stuff like this.

Then again Scooby is getting a mature rated prequel show about Velma somehow so maybe this is just a creative choice from the showrunners.
Bit of a late bump, but may I ask what exactly happened with the Venture Bros.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just saw a commercial for the show on TV. I didn't know they were making a Birdgirl series. I'll give it a few episodes. I never really liked Birdgirl. She was my least favorite character on Harvey Birdman.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
ERA was down when this premiered but eh, I wasn't feeling that pilot. Feels like they're going for something like Harley Quinn (right down to a moment in the pilot where the main character realizes the person she idolized was a dick and said it out loud to her light green confidant). I'm not sure if anyone was really asking for the deconstruction of a minor character from Harvey Birdman, and I don't know if it really worked well enough to justify doing it anyway.

It was kind of fun though, there's definitely something there and I'm hoping it finds its footing. I'll probably watch the rest of it, there's only 5 episodes left anyway. Also I'm glad Adult Swim are playing around more with 22 minute run times, between this and Tuca & Bertie I think they're trying to make sure they have enough shows they can fill the Family Guy/Bob's Burgers shaped hole in the schedule with after they lose those shows.