• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Bioware is searching for a Technical Director going by this job listing. It looks like the Canadian video game developer is looking to resurrect one of their game franchises. Here is the description of the job listing:

You will be the most senior engineering lead on the next major title in one of BioWare's most prestigious franchises, and a contributing leader to BioWare studio strategy. You will partner with the other disciplines to build the technology and the programming team to deliver amazing player experiences.

SegmentNext

Edit : Actually, it doesn't mention "revive" or something like that on the job listing. Just says that it's for one of BioWare's most pretigious franchises.
Could be Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
can't believe they're doing a full blown console sequel to sonic chronicles

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
What's happened to the supposed Mass Effect remasters? Not that I'm complaining. Every day that goes by means it's more likely they will be for next-gen consoles as well.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
They need to revive themselves as a prestigious developer before I see them bungle another game in one of their beloved franchises.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Will it be gaas, and will it be as well handled as their last game was, that's all I want to know right now.

What's happened to the supposed Mass Effect remasters? Not that I'm complaining. Every day that goes by means it's more likely they will be for next-gen consoles as well.
They never said a word about that, neither did EA.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
What unlicensed stuff have they done that hasn't had a sequel recently? They seem to still be releasing their original properties.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't we already know they're making another DA? So I'm guessing they're doing the reboot of KOTOR that's rumored. I'm fine with that. KOTOR got me back into gaming.

I'd love for it to be Jade Empire but there's 0.01% chance of that happening. Would love a KOTOR reimagining that sort of combines the two games.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Bioware gets no faith from me anymore. They'd really have to come back strong for me to have any hope for them again.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Personally don't really care about Bioware games anymore. Their recent games lack soul.

The would need to do one hell of a comeback to gain any interest.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Its Dragon Age and the IP doesnt really need to be "revived" - last one was a GotY candidate and sold well.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
probably Dragon Age is my guess, if it's not necessarily a revival

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
If they put out another Mass Effect or Dragon Age I'd probably give it a shot. Andromeda and Inquisition were both okay-ish, and honestly a Mass Effect game with Anthem's movement and combat could be pretty interesting.