• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I thought there was a switch version supposedly in the works? Ah well, ps5 it is! Is it spring to current Gen consoles and then enhancements later on for next gen?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Nice to see that they are working on a new game. I just hope it's less like Andromeda and closer to the previous three in terms of level design and "stuff to do". Also, I hope that the Legendary Edition isn't just a texture update and other extremely minor additions that have been available on PC for a while now. Good for the next-gen consoles I guess, but meaningless for PC if that ends up being the case.
If the Legendary Edition update games can surpass 60fps on PC without breaking, this is far from meaningless.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
If the Legendary Edition update games can surpass 60fps on PC without breaking, this is far from meaningless.

Would 120+ make that much of a difference considering how relatively slow paced they are? I honestly have no idea. I've just recently upgraded to a 144hz monitor myself, but rarely see a difference above 90fps in most games, and even then it's not as stark as going from 30 to 60.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I see BioWare has learned nothing about teasing games too early. Is Dragon Age 4 even 3 years out at this point?
Would love to be excited about a new game, but I have zero faith remaining in the studio

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018
I've never played a Mass Effect but I'm sure they're the kind of games I'd love, so I'm hyped they finally announced a remaster. Really looking forward to being able to play them and see what all the fuss is about.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I did NOT expect a new Mass Effect. Is this Christmas already ? Love the vibe of the teaser screenshot! Well, I guess I can officially bury my hopes for a ME Andromeda 2, but I'll be very happy with any new addition to my favourite video game franchise.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I Seriously hope they have updated the controls and some game mechanics, particulary on 1, because I tried to play it recently and it was nothing but frustrating and I put it down.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
High framerates improve everything, especially action games.

Edited my previous post, and while I agree...the first game isn't really "action" in such a way that it would matter. I don't believe the series really gets to to that point until the third game. Before then, about the biggest benefit I could see would be for the Vanguard and potentially the Infiltrator or Soldier when using a sniper rifle. It's a pseudo cover shooter that relies on cooldowns.

Clockblockers

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Considering the ME3 MP uses lootboxes and is corporative focused I wish they would just release it as a separate F2P model as a way to promote the remaster and the upcoming game

Then again I'm biased I loved ME3 MP and put more time than I care to admit into it; andromeda never got anywhere close to grabbing me in the same way

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I just want a Cowboy Bebop/Firefly influenced Mass Effect game. Self-contained plots in different planets, space dogfights, cool setpieces, and hubs. Let the player create a character and pick an alien race. Is that too much to ask for?

I'm not hyped about the Legendary Edition but I'm cautiously optimistic. ME1 is the one everyone and their mother is curious about. I put something like 200-300hrs into ME1 alone for all the achievements. But obviously, it's due for modernization since it hasn't aged well.

It's a shame the MP is being excluded from the collection. It was crazy addicting. I pumped $10 into a Premium Spectre pack but that's it. EA would have been rolling in money if they included it.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for a trailer to show off some of the features. Hopefully a trailer as the game awards in December.

Glad a new game is also in development.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I hope this legendary edition will give Harbinger VOICE LINES in ME3.

I was baffled he didn't have any voice line in ME3 after being so arrogant and well developped in ME2.

At least, add "Direct intervention is necessary" from ME2 when he shows up at the end to stop Shepard. Harbinger being so silent during the game was so odd.
Yes, this please.
There were a lot of weird choices in ME3 regarding the villains, if i had to guess id say it was due to the time constrains.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Edited my previous post, and while I agree...the first game isn't really "action" in such a way that it would matter. I don't believe the series really gets to to that point until the third game. Before then, about the biggest benefit I could see would be for the Vanguard and potentially the Infiltrator or Soldier when using a sniper rifle. It's a pseudo cover shooter that relies on cooldowns.
Sorry, I can't argue how a high framerate doesn't benefit a 3rd person video game with constant movement. It's not even all about combat. You are constantly walking/running around environments and moving the camera. The temporal resolution is always a factor.

It's silly to even debate this. High framerates improve every genre on the market outside of maybe visual novels. I play Slay the Spire at 240Hz on a 240Hz monitor, and even that is amazing because the fluidity of moving the mouse and the cards is off the charts.

There's just no reason to not want HFR in everything.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Which will come our first ES6 Or ME5? Only reason to tease this is bc the studio is at an all time low.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
Look at the concept art, it clearly shows the Reapers are gone. At least in the traditional sense. I can still see a single reaper ship that somewhat is present in the story or some kind of Reaper-esque faction, but that's pushing it.
How this art shows anything? There's just no reapers on art, that doesn't mean anything

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
That's it? Not even at least a screenshot of the remastered version?
Like i said in the other thread i really would have loved for this to be more than a simple remaster, but hopefully it is worth it.
And they better included controller support on PC and give us the canon Femshep design from the first game on.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I do not have any hope or expectations for a new Mass Effect. May I be incorrect.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Dont hold your breath. I'd be suprised if it's more than reworked textures and 4K upscaling. Maybe HDR? Doubt they're remaking the games in a new engine.

I don't think this is a problem to port the game to UE4. Also porting the game to UE4 is more clever solution. You know why? PS4 has issues with UE3 and its old techs so some games that were UE3 back then were ported to UE4 by their own makers to be able to run PS4 smoothly like Vanshining Of Ethan Carters Mind: Path To Thalamus. They can just port the whole game and UE4 will accept and the games even profit from better lighting automatically without doing so much work, let alone if they want to add more stuff.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Great news! I know the new Mass Effect is years away but I'm glad to hear it exists. To great of a series to abandon. Andromeda was a decent entry but I hope to go back to the Milky Way.

Too bad about ME3MP exclusion. But, it is what it is.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am guessing when the next Mass Effect is released, we can provably play it in PS5 Pro on release date.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
i wanna play now more mass effectl, the first game was so good, so good. Can not wait spring is too far away.

This is amazing news mass efect series are amazing videogames

Fuck trump. Lets celebrate

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So is ME1 going to get the Mafia 1 treatment and get an overhaul? Because while it's my favorite game storywise in the trilogy, it's also aged the worst.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Huh, I never gave this series a chance. Maybe I'll dive in when it drops.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When rumors of this thing first popped up, I kinda wasn't interested.

But after watching that teaser...

I'm in lol. I hope there are a lot of QOL improvements. And gotta wonder if they will change ME3's endgame further.

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
Their wording "all single player content" worries me a bit, are they not including ME3 MP? It was probably my favourite MP mode last gen so that would be an absolute crusher if they cut it. My brother and I have been looking forward to playing it again for years while the rumours have been around

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Their wording "all single player content" worries me a bit, are they not including ME3 MP? It was probably my favourite MP mode last gen so that would be an absolute crusher if they cut it. My brother and I have been looking forward to playing it again for years while the rumours have been around
No, the MP will not be included, sadly.