• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Really would have liked to have seen some gameplay improvements to Mass Effect 1 to make the shooting and AI better.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they actually have some footage of the remaster, so we can judge whether or not it's actually good.

I wonder if they're going to do any retconning of the ME3 endings to make the new ME game not take place in Andromeda, or if they're just going to reboot the series (hopefully without the Reapers).
There are two choices

-Prequel, probably during or shortly after the First Contact War.
-Sequel, so far in the future that events from previous games are just "legends". Think BOTW.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me happy.

I hope they can bring this franchise back. It was so unique and memorable.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's cool, I wonder how janky it will still be if they aren't going much beyond how it looks.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK YEAH! New mass effect! Hopefully they give it real time and effort instead of sending it to die like andromeda.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wanna be cautious optimistic but let's face it, I managed to even enjoy Andromeda so I'm gonna be hyped :P

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Good to finally here official word on ME trilogy. Hopefully it's a well done remaster.

"New ME" is whatever until we have solid gameplay, so in 3-4 years probably.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Really hoping it's an Andromeda sequel!
AdorableActiveHawk-size_restricted.gif

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The official announcement hasnt occured right?

Hopefully we can see some images espcially of ME1. Want to see what QOL improvements have happened both graphically and mechanically.

Super excited though. Lets hope they dont fuck up the new one

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
How did a new one get the go ahead after the last one was a complete disaster reception wise?

Because

"Year-on-year growth was driven by the Mass Effect: Andromeda sales, captured in the quarter and by FIFA," CFO Blake Jorgensen explains. "Digital net sales were $681 million, a new record for the first quarter, and up $113 million on the year-ago period. The increase reflects strength in live services, together with our mobile business. In addition, Mass Effect: Andromeda was a significant contributor. Full game PC and console downloads generated net sales of $111 million, 32% higher than last year. This was driven by Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter."

www.pcgamesn.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda was a financial success

EA have just released their latest earnings report and it seems like Mass Effect: Andromeda was a sales success, despite widespread criticism. In PCGN’s Mass Effect: Andromeda review, I noted its flaws but still had an extremely good time with it. It seems like plenty of other people enjoyed it to

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll check out the remasters. Curious to see the improvements, and depending on the price it could be a whole lot of fun to return to the ME universe.

But it's hard to get excited about a new Mass Effect. They messed up with Andronoma and in combination with Anthem I've got very little fate left in the studio.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I have 0 faith in anything this current Bioware does.

I also have 0 interest in replaying the trilogy given its horrendous ending.

I will, however, keep an eye out to see how the new ME looks. The biggest sci-fi IP from the last gen should never have been fumbled the way if was this gen :/

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
The article is is wrong. The original Mass Effect was never released on PS3 due to it being published by Microsoft. Once EA purchased Bioware the series moved multiplatform, but the first was always exclusive to 360.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Since they're not remakes, they should find a way to add a ray tracing(RTX) mode for them.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like I waited this entire console generation for a Mass Effect remaster and now its coming in the next generation. Hope they have some PS5 improvements.

I expect the new game is a long way off. Probably 2025ish.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Did we really think we weren't getting another ME?

I mean, maybe? EA is notoriously temperamental with studios, like most of the big publishers, and effortlessly guts franchises from a regular portfolio if they stop performance. Andromeda didn't do absolutely terribly, but it did not meet critical or commercial goals as far as I'm aware, and did not ignite a love for the series like the trilogy did, leading to plans of sequels getting totally scrapped alongside all single player post-launch content (that was planned too) binned. BioWare's additional failures with Anthem would have surely put the studio in a fickle position with EA and the future of anything they do under scrutiny.

Dragon Age 4 makes sense. Inquisition reviewed and sold well, and sustained a fanbase through well received post launch DLC. But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to have assumed any future for Mass Effect was in jeopardy.

There are two choices

-Prequel, probaly during or shortly after the First Contact War.
-Sequel, so far in the future that events from previous games are just "legends". Think BOTW.

Or just make up an ending, pick a canon, and go with it because fuck trying to work around the various ending choices. There's no way they can reconcile something like synthesis. Either it happened or it didn't, future or not, so they're gonna have to pick.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hopefully we get a trailer today so I know what to expect in regards to improvements.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
There are two choices

-Prequel, probably during or shortly after the First Contact War.
Those are the two bad, creatively bankrupts, choices. A good choice, and only respectable choice, would be to just make a sequel set some relatively short time, 0-100 years max, after ME3 where they pick an ending and really go with it and explore it and are not afraid because some man children will cry and moan about their ending choice not being respected.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the remasters. Day one buy for me. As for a new Mass Effect, it's hard to get excited with BioWare in its current state. I hope it turns out well but I've lost most of my faith in them as a studio after this gen unfortunately.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It doesn't seem they are remaking the first ME1 in the way that some people were saying.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! Cool. I hate Andromeda so I hope is nothing related to that fucking hot mess

The way some users here shilled the shit out of that game during pre-release and promised that the .gifs previews were not representative of the final game... the industry plant of it all.

085c1a145c07ba5a387dbcbcb642f06f.gif