• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Behanjin

Jan 17, 2018
Ireland
You put Fenris in the F tier. Were you confused and thought it was supposed to be based on the. first letter of his name? Please tell me this is the case? Because no one puts my boy Fenris in the M'FING F TIER!

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Carver is underrated, he gets much better when he becomes a Templar. Don't blame people for bailing on him earlier, though, and most people will see Bethany anyway.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the love for Ashley in Mass Effect. She's just a gross racist.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
Ok let's fucking go:

S - Viconia, Edwin, Wilson, Bastila Shan, Canderous Ordo, HK-47, Jolee Bindo, Silk Fox, Javik, Mordin, Wrex, Miranda Lawson, Varric
A - Jaheira; Jan Jansen, Seravok, Kang the Mad, Legion, Zaeed, Morrigan, Vivienne
B - Minsc (and Boo), Mazzy Fentan, Mission Vao, Dawn Star, Segacious Zu, Ashley, Garrus, Grunt, Dog, Bethany, Isabela, Cassandra
C - Imoen, Aerie, Korgan Bloodaxe, Nalia de'Arnise, Zaalbar, Black Whirlwind, Henpecked Hou, Tali, Jack, Alistair, Leliana, Aveline, Sebastian, Solas
D - Haer Dalis, Carth Ornasi, Juhani, Samara, Tali, Kasumi, Morith, Sten, Carver, Sera, Dorian, Iron Bull, Thane
E - T3-M4, Liara, EDI, Anders, Fenris, Merrill, Cole
F - Kaiden, Jacob, James Vega, Blackwall
Forgetable or I'm not gonna bother to menton themTier: Those not mentioned
Andromeda tier: All those from Andromeda, except one
Below Andromeda Tier: PeeBee

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
EDI as a companion from Me3 is C-tier. I think she was better as the on ship AI with a wicked & slightly alarming sense of humor. She was still pretty good with a body mind you, but I wasnt really sold with the whole Joker/EDI dynamic in 3.

I used EDI the most out of any companion in ME3. That part obviously comes down to what class you're playing, since you're going to want two squad mates that compliment your Shepard, but I used EDI's overload, incinerate and decoy pretty much constantly.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carver is underrated, he gets much better when he becomes a Templar. Don't blame people for bailing on him earlier, though, and most people will see Bethany anyway.
Nah, I think his arc works a lot better when becomes a Grey Warden. Templar Carver just feels like he's punished for something.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Vetra being that low on your list is extremely disappointing, given she was one of the best things about Andromeda.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
If Dorian isnt on everyone's S or A tier, reevaluate, please.

I really loved what Bioware did with Dragon Age 2 companion meters. Instead of being everyone's best friend because there is always some bonus or side quest tied to maxing the like meter, you could piss them off and still maintain a rivalry without them just auto leaving the group if you chose the right dialog. Being negative had its own bonuses too so it wasn't a loss. It was a refreshing change I wish could come back. DA2 was fairly unambitious except for it's party members systems and side quests

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Legion single handedly deepens the lore and choice implications of ME2, which was already pivoting away from smart scifi and more towards fun action romp.

Giving a perspective on the Geth from within, and especially being able to take him to freak out the fleet (and making it missable was bold and confident) made ME2 a lot better.

Legion is A, if not S, tier.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
BG companions and party banter is the best, though DA wasn't too bad in parts, and I even like some of the NWN henchmen, lol. ME had okay companions but no one really memorable other than Wrex IMO. HK-47 rocked.

OP
OP
Loanshark

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Ok let's fucking go:

S - Viconia, Edwin, Wilson, Bastila Shan, Canderous Ordo, HK-47, Silk Fox, Javik, Mordin, Wrex, Miranda Lawson, Varric
A - Jaheira; Jan Jansen, Seravok, Jolee Bindo, Kang the Mad, Legion, Zaeed, Morrigan, Vivienne
B - Minsc (and Boo), Mazzy Fentan, Mission Vao, Dawn Star, Segacious Zu, Ashley, Garrus, Grunt, Dog, Bethany, Isabela, Cassandra
C - Imoen, Aerie, Korgan Bloodaxe, Nalia de'Arnise, Zaalbar, Black Whirlwind, Henpecked Hou, Tali, Jack, Alistair, Leliana, Aveline, Sebastian, Solas
D - Haer Dalis, Carth Ornasi, Juhani, Samara, Tali, Kasumi, Morith, Sten, Carver, Sera, Dorian, Iron Bull
E - T3-M4, Liara, Thane, EDI, Anders, Fenris, Merrill, Cole
F - Kaiden, Jacob, James Vega, Blackwall
Forgetable or I'm not gonna bother to menton themTier: Those not mentioned
Andromeda tier: All those from Andromeda, except one
Below Andromeda Tier: PeeBee
Thats a good list. Man, never used Viconia back when I played BG2. She keeps popping up in peoples top tiers, maybe i missed something there. Your Liara ranking will not sit well with many. She could be kind of stiff, but I feel she was well realised.

Bastilla Shan would be higher for me had they not essentially ripped her from their previous game, NWN. She is basically the SW version of Aribeth, as far as I can remember.

Danton

May 31, 2019
I'll never understand the love for Ashley in Mass Effect. She's just a gross racist.
Personally, I find it makes her more believable. She's a character that represents what would likely be the point of view of the majority of humanity should first contact happen as horribly as it does in the Mass Effect canon, she nonetheless can grow organically to trust other alien races. She also feels much more fleshed out than the average Bioware character, from her distrust of alien, to her family backstory, to her love of poetry and her faith, she's just an interesting character all around. I don't think she's defined by her xenophobia, and her growing out of it is a genuine arc in a series where I feel characters are too often a bit static.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Here we go, I debated putting Miranda in S-tier but they dropped her importance in ME3. I feel S-Tiers have to have importance in more than one game. And yes, all of Andromeda's cast either falls into Useless, Infuriating, or Boring.

r4EV1x3.png

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
A few of these are way off. OP didn't even include Zaalbar or Hanharr.

What you got against Wookiees, OP?!

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Moridin is obviously S-Tier.

Varric belongs in whatever tier Solas is in both because Varric is also great and because of their interactions.

OP
OP
Loanshark

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Here we go, I debated putting Miranda in S-tier but they dropped her importance in ME3. I feel S-Tiers have to have importance in more than one game. And yes, all of Andromeda's cast either falls into Useless, Infuriating, or Boring.

r4EV1x3.png
Ah yes, another person in the "James is not so bad" camp. Welcome. Only thing thats offensive to me here is Viviennes low ranking, The remainder of the list gets a passing grade.

Oh shit, forgot to include Isabella myself. She is B or maybe C tier for me.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Humanity is still new on the block, and her family history helps explain her adversity towards aliens at the beginning. At the same time, depending on how you play the game, her feelings can change quite a bit. She grows as a character.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I can get Hk-47 as a companion?! dude was so funny even though he was so obviously evil lol but I havent had much interest in the game since landing on this planet holding me pseudo-prisoner

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Garrus is honestly his own tier. I loved that people realized what a bro he is.