• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.windowscentral.com/bioshock-collection-upgraded-xbox-one-x-appears-hit-4k-resolution
The games appear to be running at 4K resolution, or a resolution that's very close to 4K, because they're incredibly sharp. While the menus are a little blurry, the game looks amazing. It's retained the 60 FPS presentation so playing BioShock: The Collection is an absolute treat.

Wonderful news! This collection regularly goes on sale for $10-$15 as well, but I always passed on it since it wasn't enhanced. I'll be buying it immediately the next time it goes on sale.

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dang, that's good. As someone who played BioShock Infinite on PC at its launch when the last-gen consoles were turning in highly variable performance (and PC wasn't performing 100% as expected either but it was a lot better than consoles), it was a bit of a disappointment to see the initial rerelease on base consoles a few years back turn in less-than-perfect results. Sucks that it takes enhanced consoles to cover the gap but still cool that console players at least maybe have this option at some point later — hopefully backwards compat can take advantage of these enhancements on both new consoles if an enhanced spec console is out of the question.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
No patch for og consoles ? It's been a while, but I remember the frame rate been not so good

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I loved playing the originals on PC.

Got the remasters too but will play them soon.

Dont have a PS4Pro but may get them again on PS4...gonna have to get used to the controls since I've never really played a shooter with a controller (well I did once but it went pretty terrible - reaction time and all).

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Oh that's great! I tried playing Infinite on Pro maybe a month ago but was turned off by the 30fps and the general controls. It felt a little hollow too.

Might add it back to my list.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about replaying the trilogy and this is the perfect reason to get the remasters for my One X.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I just replayed Bioshock 1 a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, I can still enjoy the benefits in B2 and Infinite.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020
Strange considering the official page doesn't have this one... weird.

www.xbox.com

Xbox One X Enhanced Games List | Xbox

View the full list of Xbox One X Enhanced titles. Xbox One X Enhanced titles are optimized to take full advantage of the 4K gaming experience.

Stoked to go through Bioshock 2 though! I knew I held off for a reason!

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strange considering the official page doesn't have this one... weird.

www.xbox.com

Xbox One X Enhanced Games List | Xbox

View the full list of Xbox One X Enhanced titles. Xbox One X Enhanced titles are optimized to take full advantage of the 4K gaming experience.

Stoked to go through Bioshock 2 though! I knew I held off for a reason!
The collection and each of the titles are listed as "Xbox One X Enhanced" on their respective store pages:

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is? I got it on both Bioshock 1 and 2. I hope they fix it because I really want to replay them.
Yes, FPS and framepacing look damn near flawless from VG Tech's measurements:

49950243886_16427fd184_h.jpg

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's reluctance to support 1440P(native) on the Pro has me worried the PS5 will stick with 4k/60Hz TV standards. MS has been great with this aspect

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I literally just went through them again last week. Son of a bitch.

Haha, same, I just replayed all three games less than a month ago.

Might be cool to see if I can tell any difference though since they're still pretty fresh in my mind.

Well, I just tested them and there's constant judder on the games. They look sharp but they don't run good tbh.

It also got updated.

Makes sense, they already didn't run at 60 locked, so unless they did some extensive tinkering I would expect them to run worse.

I remember the Infinite DLC especially having some pretty nasty moments where the frame rate dropped significantly, and I was playing on an X1X.

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
Is this just on consoles? The reviews of the remastered versions on PC make them sound like buggy piles of poop. (B1 and B2...)

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I love Bioshock, I'll definitely do another run at 4k sometime this month.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Few weeks ago the games were horrendous and blurry and full of jaggies on PS4 Pro, Now they are perfectly fine and playable with this res upgrade.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm guessing a new bioshock reveal at the Sony event.
Nah. This only happened because it coincided with the Switch release. It was also broken up into alà carte releases while Borderlands was updated to include Borderlands: GOTY Edition like the Switch release. They just used this as an opportunity to update things across the board for these games.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The judder is really bad on Bioshock 1, I really hope they don't leave it like this. How do bugs like this make it into the final patch? Did no one play it before releasing it?

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Any word on if the audio issues and PS4 10 save limit bug is patched?
Is this just on consoles? The reviews of the remastered versions on PC make them sound like buggy piles of poop. (B1 and B2...)

Been awhile since I've played but I want to say the first two games also had a bunch of visual bugs across all platforms. Basically does anyone know if the nagging issues have been fixed? I have the PC version which I remember being left in the roughest state.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Driveby incitement of platform warring, prior bans for platform warring
One X is a beast but its time for it to pass the baton to the newest member as the world's most powerful console. Series X
PASSING-THE-BATON.jpg

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Very cool that this came out but.... it's a little late? Didn't this collection release 4 years ago? I wonder what prompted this "sudden" patch and upgrade? Things like this aren't cheap. 🤔

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Very cool that this came out but.... it's a little late? Didn't this collection release 4 years ago? I wonder what prompted this "sudden" patch and upgrade? Things like this aren't cheap. 🤔

Same company that did the PS4 & X1 remasters did the recently released Switch remaster so I guess they used the Switch release as an excuse to touch up the other versions.