• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.playstationlifestyle.net

BioShock Remastered Trophies Appear on PSNProfiles, Unrelated to Previous Collection - PlayStation LifeStyle

Seemingly out of the blue, BioShock Remastered PS4 trophies have popped up on PSNProfiles.com, suggesting 2K may have another rerelease in the works.

"BioShock Remastered and BioShock 2 Remastered trophies recently popped up on PSNProfiles.com. The trophies only cover those connected to the franchise's first and second entries, as well as their respective the DLC offerings. While they are indeed the same trophies as those attached to both the originals and 2016's BioShock: The Collection, this Remastered release seems in no way related to those packagings, making this all especially strange. Might 2K Games be prepping to release another BioShock remaster for current-gen hardware? Possibly so."

bioshock-remastered-ps4-trophies.jpg

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
That's bizarre. Could it just be a mistake on PSNProfiles part, or does this pull directly from PSN?

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means that the current remaster's performance issues get patched but, after seeing how Mafia II turned out, I am not holding my breath.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
Just checked the PlayStation store and you cannot buy them separately. Maybe it's just allowing people to buy them separately.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I JUST bought the collection on XBOX.....
Oh man, I'm so, so sorry

The collection is horrible. Buggy, missing a lot of visual features, horrible sound, and not even running at a locked 60 fps

It's one of the worst remasters that I've ever bought

But I'm against a new one. 2K should fix this one, not launch another one.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
This game needs a next gen remaster with UE5 GI and RT reflections and shadows. The art is perfect for it.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
That's more likely looking, but it's still bizarre that they would create new trophy lists for that since the Collection already has individual trophy lists for both games.

Have we seen anything like this before though? I can't remember any other collections being split up after release. If it is the same game I wonder if it will allow for trophy stacking, since it's the same save potentially?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I saw this on r/ps4 a few days ago.

You can see that their bioshock 1 trophies are now labeled as remastered.

It's just 2k updating the names of the games.
Ah, that makes more sense. I guess the change just bumped the games up in Sony's system.

Have we seen anything like this before though? I can't remember any other collections being split up after release. If it is the same game I wonder if it will allow for trophy stacking, since it's the same save potentially?
I think what TheBrokenMan posted is what's really going on, but usually separate trophy lists mean you have to pick those trophies the proper way all over again. AFAIK the only exceptions are cross-save games like Sound Shapes, which have title screen "trophy checks" programmed into each separate version.

Ah, that makes more sense. I guess the change just bumped the games up in Sony's system.

I think what TheBrokenMan posted is what's really going on, but usually separate trophy lists mean you have to pick those trophies the proper way all over again. AFAIK the only exceptions are cross-save games like Sound Shapes, which have title screen "trophy checks" programmed into each separate version.

I'm guessing the same too. There's no way 2k will remaster an already released collection. They literally ported mafia 3 as is, for the recent trilogy release, not even fixing some day 1 glitches.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever fix the water in these remasters so it looked as good as the original PC release?

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Imagine if 2K shows how scummy they are, and tries to remaster the same game(s) TWICE in a console generation in 4 years.

That would be insane.

Jan 16, 2019
Oh man, I'm so, so sorry

The collection is horrible. Buggy, missing a lot of visual features, horrible sound, and not even running at a locked 60 fps

It's one of the worst remasters that I've ever bought

But I'm against a new one. 2K should fix this one, not launch another one.

damn I just bought it too. At $12 I can't be too bothered though. Will still give it a shot

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Having just played through the remasters recently, 2 could use a Re-remaster to de-crashify the game.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait till we get the Bioshock: The Collection (now with Raytracing Edition) by years end. Theres always new Editions 2K can milk! (and make up)

MorfiUM

Chicken Chaser
Jan 15, 2018
Most likely you'll be able to buy the remasters separately. Next week the switch version ist releasing and there you'll also be able to.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
To make this mystery even weirder, Sony no longer forces publishers/devs to make different trophies for new versions of games. Like Witcher 3 and Witcher 3 Complete Edition having 2 seperate trophy lists (even Telltale had a bunch of trophy lists because of this). Are we sure that it's not a trophy list from another country? Asia/EU/JP tend to have their own versions as well.

Only theory I have is that they are going to be sold separately and either 2K or Sony mistakenly approved another set of trophies.

Last edited:

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
If it's real this is the first time I've seen the same game remastered twice in the same console generation. Truly a new milestone for the gaming industry.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I bought these on XB1 it came as a bundle but they were deployed as individual titles. Was this different to the PS4?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta remaster the remasters for the new consoles.
Yes, big fear of mine. New Remasters "It's worth the $45 because RT is the new 1080P/60fps"
Where will the line be drawn? 2K releasing PS4/XBOne Mafia 3 as a remaster, the game could be bought on the cheap for a long time.

So..expect a Mafia trilogy with RT for 40-50 dollars also next gen.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I would be ok with a new remaster. The remastered versions we got sucks, and Bioshock deserves way better

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Well, the first collection wasn't good (even if not a total disaster like Silent Hill HD or Return to Arkham).

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, got a 409 MB patch on the PS4 Collection - just "bug fixes/improvements." I played Bioshock a month ago from the disc version. Patch 1.03.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
And this at a time where Xbox gives you native 4K Patches for 360 and OG X games for free.

Good luck 2K, lmao.