• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
When your marketing includes "up to" 60fps... 😬
I feel like that probably means there'll be modes that run at 30fps, not that it'll struggle to reach 60fps.

I'd rather them come out with that up front than doing the normal "4K, 60fps, rtx" etc. selling points a lot of games use, but it turns out that while it has all those things, they're not available at the same time.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I hope I remember this exists when it comes out because I keep forgetting about it but get excited every-time I see it

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I got it for 5 bucks and have not put 5 minutes into it

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Might try and buy a cheap key when this is out. But it would be a nice GP game.

Oct 29, 2017
This was mentioned on today's DF Direct and they described the "Quality Unleashed Mode" which sounded like all settings highest, framerate unlocked, and it just runs how it runs, no promises 🤷‍♂️ . Clearly it's intended as a future-proof mode for future consoles, which is a really intriguing idea to me. Basically acknowledging that this mode they're offering will be a crappy experience today, but on some hypothetical BC hardware that probably will exist someday, it will be a good experience. As long as they're also offering a tailored, optimized mode for actual current hardware and this is a just a bonus, I guess it's fine? I wonder if this is something that will become more common in console games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRQrfD0MDI

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on Xbox Series X in Quality Unleashed mode.

Biomutant is coming to Xbox Series X|S on September 6, 2022.

The native Xbox Series X version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:
- Quality Mode: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 60 FPS
- Quality Unleashed: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ up to 60 FPS

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
All I know is that on my PC with a 3090 I cannot get rid of the stuttering no matter what I do. Others on the forums have same issue. So if this somehow solved that on co soles I might pick up my XSX copy. Maybe PC will finally get a patch when this comes out.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
So much compression in that video, even at 1080p/60 setting, but looks smooth at least.

Will check it out if it's cheap enough or in PS+.