• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to why they say anything. Rich people are by and large out of touch assholes who don't have to worry about any of the things your average person does. Just shut the fuck up and keep ignoring the world, nobody needs your two cents.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Spend five minutes talking with a young person about their realistic views of the future. It's pretty depressing. And they have good reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine being such a huge piece of shit, that you'd be triggered by the concerns of a 16 year old. Fuck me what a feckless coward.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
It's demoralizing in that she's bringing attention to the factual and scientific end of the world by human greed and sloth.

So, yea, I guess he's right in a way.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She literally just motivated millions of people to go on strike and take deeper action

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It might be but it's the truth and we have to act now and if more billionaires would help, we actually have a better chance.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spend five minutes talking with a young person about their realistic views of the future. It's pretty depressing. And they have good reason.

I'm 2 years off from being 30 and i feel like this consistently. I have since i was about 14. If you're in your 50s and beyond right now, you are not going to see or experience the horrific change in our climate that will result in the emigration of millions of people. MIllions if not billions of people will die in the next 40-50 years just from climate change alone. Prices are going to go up, housing will go up, the entire ecosystem and economy will be fundamentally turned upside down.

How, as young people, are we expected to not only deal with this, but change it? Most power structures in government are ruled by older people who don't care about the future, and by the time we're in power, it will be too late.

It's not an unrealistic idea to say that truly, if you expect to live the next 40-60 years, you are going to be fucked.

It might be but it's the truth and we have to act now and if more billionaires would help, we actually have a better chance.

Yes but the overall trend of billionaires is to buy things to defend themselves from it (private homes, islands, swaths of land and underground lairs in New zealand). Even the walton family of walmart fame have an underground city they actually expect to live in when the world gets too horrible.

Oct 27, 2017
Worrying about the future is depressing, much more pleasant to bury your head in the money you earned ruining said future. A girl should be pleasant. Clearly her problem is she doesn't have enough money. She should put on some bootstraps and a nice pretty smile and get herself something to hide her fears in. She's a boat person apparently. She should work hard, be pleasant, and buy a yacht. She can have a very bright future if she stops being so nasty.

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps if these fuckwits can't empathize with the oh-so-apparent climate catastrophe lapping at our shores, they need to experience a catastrophe in their personal lives.

These assholes are just begging for fucking tumbrel rides

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Her and David Hogg should team up and just trigger idiots all day by existing and having a rational and informed opinion

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
must be demoralizing to realise that all that blood money you sucked out of your workers and the fucking planet itself means fuck all and will do nothing to protect you from climate change. a big part of me is glad we don't have commercial space travel otherwise these utter gups would just fuck off somewhere else and fart up another beautiful planet.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
If these people think that this is surrendering to catastrophism I'm curious what they would call things like The Dark Mountain Project and Guy McPherson.

It's crazy that her view which reflects (possibly too conservative) mainstream science is considered radical.

Meanwhile, the first of the new generation models are showing a higher sensitivity than others have.
New French Models

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Go and copulate with your mountain of money until your wretched heart gives out, Arnault! Leave earth to those who don't want to rape it to death for their filthy ends!

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
A reminder that fashion is the second largest polluting industry in the world, trailing only fossil fuels, and accounts for at least 10% of the world's carbon footprint.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
A reminder that fashion is the second largest polluting industry in the world, trailing only fossil fuels, and accounts for at least 10% of the world's carbon footprint.

Yup. Fast fashion is enormously destructive to earth---the continual drive to sell more and more on an Earth with finite resources is madness.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Dunno why she is being such a Debbie-downer. Its only the apocalypse."

I hope you are spending some of those billions on figuring out how to make yourself guillotine proof.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
We had a girl having nightmares for a long time at the beginning of the year because she saw environment awareness projects during a shopping trip.

The mothers biggest worry was "How do I explain her its not that bad."

Guess what? It is that bad.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why some of the only people who can really make a big difference, - these billionaires-aren't doing more to help.

Having a gazillion dollars isnt going to be so great when your living in a bunker.

I'm living paycheck to paycheck so not much I can really do, but if I had more wealth than I could enjoy I'd be using every cent of that looking for solutions to this climate problem.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Won't somebody think of the real victims? The billionaires destroying the planet in the name of profit?/s

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
If a common person not steeped in anti-science beliefs saw the latest consensus seeking and thereby conservative study and consequent reporting by IPCC, they too would realized just how fucked we are.

These billionaires are going to be just fine in the ivory towers, protected by mercs and other fresh meat while perhaps many people on whose backs he made money suffer.

Sometimes, I feel like we should shove cash down throats of these motherfuckers and see if they can swallow all that money that gives them their security.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I wish Wall Street and US companies were more regulated so that amoral people didn't destroy companies, populations and the environment for short term growth and hide behind "shareholder value though".

Fuck them.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Demoralising for morally bankrupt billionaires, I would imagine she's pretty fucking empowering and inspirational for the younger generation.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Young people now are probably already considering that they really won't want to bring up kids of their own into the nightmare future that awaits. And it WILL be a nightmare. The pin on the grenade has been well and truly pulled, it's rolling on the floor as we speak and when it truly goes off we won't know what hit us. Demagogues and fascists will be standing in the wings ready to take over in the chaos and the world will be a shitshow of crimes against humanity as far as the eye can see, with people like him trying their best to pretend none of it is happening as they stay in their castle properties with reams of security. Fuck him.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I'm not going to deny I absolutely have an issue with climate fatalism, but I'd blame on fuckwit billionaires like this guy who pussyfoot around the fact that this is their fault, and not a 16 year old girl who has done nothing but spit pure truth.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Young people that don't want to inherit a dying planet on fire because of corporate greed and lack of caring about the environment.

Greta got these old rich white people shook.