• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It's tiiiiiiime!

nttdizj2f.jpg

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is sooooooooooo much better than Sam Smith's, it's ridiculous.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I actually quite like this. It's not the best theme ever but it's nice to have a Bond theme that's incredibly subdued and almost funereal.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Some parts are nice, but it feels like the song ends just as it starts to get any momentum.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really just not a fan of her style... the music in Bad Guy is pretty rad though.

I'mma just go listen to You Know My Name..

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Cool singing, cool instruments and melody, very basic rhymes in the lyrics ruins it all a bit :\

grang

Nov 13, 2017
That's some good shit

I wish it went a little harder at the climax but yeah it's great. Good for her, hopefully this will legitimize her to some of the naysayers

Also left thinking Lana Del Ray should do a Bond theme

and Radiohead's Spectre is still the GOAT

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Have they always posted these so early? Seems a little strange.

I've never listened to Billie, I dig this. Craig films are 3 out of 5 on theme songs.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that Dua Lipa was going to do the bond theme. I guess being an industry plant helps get these jobs.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is what the Sam Smith song should have been: minimal without being downright anaemic (and a lot less shrill). It's not awful, but for such a leftfield choice, it's extremely safe and by-the-numbers. Oh and I could do without those corny Bond twangs!

less

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it though I would hesitate it put it in my top two or even three.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It works. Don't love it though but I can see some moody opening credits to this. Prob not going to pop it on my playlist like Skyfall or Live and Let Die, though.

Nov 8, 2017
I like it. I like Billie Eilish a lot too. Her vocal dynamic is refreshing because it hasn't been explored much in pop music. I do wish she could also blow the roof off like Adele does, but whatever.

Andra Day needs to get a shot at one of these. Her range is out of this world

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It's not bad...but reviewing the 'modern' Bond themes (from Bosnan on) I'd place it in the bottom third. Then again, that's more an indication of the general greatness of Bond themes.

A quick ordering of the themes gives me this: (though a few of the spaces could be traded around)

You Know My Name - Chris Cornell
Skyfall - Adele
The World Is Not Enough - Garbage
GoldenEye - Tina Turner
Another Way To Die - Alicia Keys & Jack White
Tomorrow Never Dies - Sheryl Crow
No Time to Die - Billie Eilish
Die Another Day - Madonna
Writing's On The Wall - Sam Smith

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I like it, but I wouldn't place it in my top five Bond songs. Maybe top ten, it's an okay Bond song. The musical theme will likely be very nice in the film however.

Also, I don't have the hate for Smith's Spectre song that most of Era has. Honestly I think it's also an okay Bond song?

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
It's not bad...but reviewing the 'modern' Bond themes (from Bosnan on) I'd place it in the bottom third. Then again, that's more an indication of the general greatness of Bond themes.

A quick ordering of the themes gives me this: (though a few of the spaces could be traded around)

You Know My Name - Chris Cornell
Skyfall - Adele
The World Is Not Enough - Garbage
GoldenEye - Tina Turner
Another Way To Die - Alicia Keys & Jack White
Tomorrow Never Dies - Sheryl Crow
No Time to Die - Billie Eilish
Die Another Day - Madonna
Writing's On The Wall - Sam Smith
All respect to Tina Turner but GoldenEye is one of the worst themes of the entire franchise.

Edit: got GoldenEye confused with Goldfinger

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
Its ..... nice. Good job By Billy, just not near as good an overall theme as recent ones.

Skyfall really set the bar for Daniel Craig era themes'.

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Shirley Bassey is indeed amazing, but GoldenEye gets a big bump on my list because Tina delivered such a great retro feel after the 70's and 80's themes.
Haha yeah I got the Goldfinger and GoldenEye artists swapped, whoops. That said said I'm just not a fan at all of the lyrics and it feels a little too reminiscent of the past imo.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Being honest, didn't like it. Perhaps if I listen it more, it will grow on me. But right now, it is on the second bottom of the Craig films list.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Gorgeous track. Seems a bit mellow for a credits sequence so I'm curious to see how it turns out. Love the song though.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The last minute of the song was hittin' and will probably be the segment we hear in the hype trailers. The lead up to the climax wasn't worth the climax though.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I like it a lot. That said, I would really be thrilled if they could get around to using a more energetic theme again though. The last few have all been really downtrodden.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like most boring Bond themes to me. Doesn't strike me as very much done in her style at all either

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they've played the safe card with not going far off with that typical Bond theme, but I like it. I was always a sucker for these slowed build ups with a big explosive end.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Like i expected, Billie didn't entered the song in full diva mode.

Still think it should have been someone who understand this, like Mariah Carey