• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!" - Parton

This is a huge HUGE Billboard piece covering Dollywood and the past and present legacy of Dolly Parton.

www.billboard.com

Dolly Parton Steers Her Empire Through the Pandemic — and Keeps It Growing

The country icon has always been a boss. But with an ever-expanding slate of music, screen and branding projects, Parton says she’s “just getting started.”

dolly-parton-05-billboard-2760.jpg

On the morning of March 13, Dolly Parton arrived at her Dollywood theme park, the crown jewel in her multimillion-dollar empire, for an annual preview day for season-pass holders. Located in the town of Pigeon Forge in eastern Tennessee, not far from where Parton grew up, the park had introduced a number of changes in reaction to the coronavirus pandemic, including the installation of over 300 hand-sanitizer stations. The event was also supposed to show visitors how prepared Dollywood was to open the next day.

Parton stayed all day to monitor the park and meet with Dollywood staff to talk about the latest news of the pandemic. By the time she left that night though, she was no longer convinced opening was a good idea.
"All these good Christian people that are supposed to be such good Christian people, the last thing we're supposed to do is to judge one another. God is the judge, not us. I just try to be myself. I try to let everybody else be themselves."

12cover-dollyparton-lores.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Dolly Parton has always seemed like good people.

"All these good Christian people that are supposed to be such good Christian people, the last thing we're supposed to do is to judge one another. God is the judge, not us. I just try to be myself. I try to let everybody else be themselves."

Such simple and easy advice to follow. Fortunately all the hypocritical wanna-be Evangelical pretenders who have failed to read/understand what the bible teaches them are gonna be surprised when they end up in hell.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I didnt include too many quotes from the article because it's a piece very much worth reading if you have the time

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
She is a lovely person and I've always stanned hard for her music!

Great to see multiple country stars pushing back on the conservative bs plaguing Nashville.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Hey cool to see someone shared this!

I don't have much to add as I haven't read the whole interview yet, but if you're interested in more about Dolly Parton there's a podcast series(?) called Dolly Parton's America that I highly recommend.

EDIT: Nice they quote it in the article!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
She is a lovely person and I've always stanned hard for her music!

Great to see multiple country stars pushing back on the conservative bs plaguing Nashville.
Billboard also has this article in the same upcoming issue

www.billboard.com

What It's Like To Be Black in Country Now

Black artists and executives know the genre is becoming more inclusive — but is Music City taking enough action to help them thrive?

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
"As the scripture says, 'To whom much is given, much is required.' So I look at my life with that every day and think God expects it of me," she says. "I expect it of myself, and I think people expect it of me. If I can be an inspiration, then I want to be that. That makes me feel good."
Bless you, Dolly.

Elvis almost recording I Will Always Love You is wild!

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can't imagine an Elvis version of I Will Always Love You. It's awesome that she went with her instincts to not let him do it. I think it's safe to say everything worked out with Whitney haha.

Dolly is a treasure.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I can't understand how some people cite a person's age as a reason for their inability to grasp equality. Dolly is 74.

Queen.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Dolly Parton is such a wonderful person.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Is this support new? Pretty sure it was her where I previously read since she had fans on both sides of the spectrum that she didn't want to wade into politics and social issues. Awesome that she said f that.

I'll try to read it later but does Trump come up at all?

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
I don't have much to add as I haven't read the whole interview yet, but if you're interested in more about Dolly Parton there's a podcast series(?) called Dolly Parton's America that I highly recommend.

I'm by no means a country music fan, let alone a big fan of Dollys music, but this podcast wast great and well worth the listen. Much respect for her.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Is this support new? Pretty sure it was her where I previously read since she had fans on both sides of the spectrum that she didn't want to wade into politics and social issues. Awesome that she said f that.
The podcast I mentioned earlier went into this. She is notorious for sidestepping discussion on those kinds of issues. Dolly said herself "I saw what happened to the Dixie Chicks!" I don't actively keep up with her but I know folks who do and this is the first I've heard about her speaking out. Part of me wonders if she only admitted it because the interviewer pushed the question.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Always thougth she was a really cool and kind person. Nice to read that feeling still holds up.
But i don't really know her of course. Maybe she kills puppies after dark.