• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest I wish they didn't have kids at all. I was never that interested in seeing their sons or their daughters.

I just want Bill & Ted. You wait like two+ decades and now their return has to sacrifice screen time for newcomers.

The last Rambo movie had a bit of this problem as well. I didn't care about these new mercs, I wanted to see Rambo. Looks like the new Rambo may be fixing that and focusing on Stallone.

Halloween 2018 did a pretty good job of keeping the focus on JLC for the most part, but it had other tonal issues that really dragged it down for me.

BR2049 and New Star Wars kinda does the same. Why do the original stars always gotta get pushed aside just cuz they're old? I know the answer to that question but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Now I assume Bill & Ted won't be pushed aside (they better not) but I see this movie following the trend of "passing the torch" that shows up in almost every single one of these revivals.

Here's hoping the movie and all the characters are great.

Hollywood is all about franchise building now, because franchises have built-in fanbases and typically can make more money. Hence, if Hollywood is reviving something really old, they want to see if they can inject new blood in it so the franchise can continue long into the future. So basically, if something is not gonna get a hard reboot, they at least want to pass the torch to see if they can keep people invested longer term. It's cynical as fuck, but that's the way it is.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Billie and Thea! OMG, that's so stupid, it's perfect. It's such a BIll and Ted thing to do.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I admit I'm not familiar with either of their work, but they totally look perfect for the part. I'll hane to check out what they've done.

I always loved the Bill and Ted movies, so I'm oddly optimistic about this one. They're dumb, fun movies, so as long as this keeps that tone, I think it'll be alright.

Now I feel like rewatching Bogus Journey. Well, why not both, actually? XD

Also, I totally love that they named their daughters after one another. Such a Bill and Ted thing to do. Lol

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
K I may have to unfollow this thread as much as I want to follow it cuz I'd rather see stuff like this in at least a trailer.

Trailer won't have much impact if I already know everything in it. Edit: Whoops forgot they already showed the phone booth

Not too crazy about Ted's look. He looked better with the facial hair and long hair in the first teaser pic. He looks over dressed. Hopefully he changes to something more him later on. Bill looks just right.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched the first two over the last couple of days. Still funny as hell. But I was wondering what the hell they are gonna do about the ending to the 2nd. Doesn't really match up with what we know so far.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, can't take away Keanu doesn't look old but he still looks pretty awesome.

Curse those Asian genes!

I'm officially on board with this hype train now. Let's go!!

Alex Winter looks really good for his age too, these pics are great! I have a friend who is going to be over the moon happy for this movie, he used to quote lines from B&T all the time when we were growing up. :)

OP
OP
Jay Shadow

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to think of who older shaven Keanu was reminding me of in these pictures, and I think this guy nailed it

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, all the returning people from the first two movies. Damn, those pics from the filming.

Going to Day 1 this movie so hard.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Awesome. Been waiting since I was a kid for another bill and Ted. My kids love the movies.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Maybe we can finally get their long awaited follow up to Freaked after this.

M6oTx3n.jpg

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I just hope they don't try to make it so that their daughters were the real saviors of future society or something. In the earlier movies, it was clearly Bill and Ted that everyone looked up to. They can make their daughters an important part of fulfilling that destiny, but just don't do what so many movies do these days and basically try to say "out with the old, in with the new" shit.

OP
OP
Jay Shadow

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
He also retweeted a previous tweet of his that said many of headlines in the credits from Bogus Journey aren't canon cause they didn't write those, the company that animated the credits added them.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV

Kristen Schaal Joins 'Bill & Ted Face the Music' (Exclusive)

The actor will play a messenger from the future who has a warning.

Kristen Schaal has a message for the Wyld Stallyns. Schaal has joined the cast of Bill & Ted Face the Music, the third installment of the series that stars Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter, and she will play a messenger from the future named Kelly.

Face the Music picks up with Bill S. Preston Esq. (Winter) and Ted "Theodore" Logan (Reeves), who are now fathers and have yet to fulfill their rock 'n' role destinies. Their lives change when they are visited by a messenger from the future (Schaal) who warns them that only their song can save life as we know it.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Kristen is a treasure. Everything keeps looking better and better. Solomon's twitter response was phenomenal.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Part 3 shoulda been called Triumphant Return.

Face The Music is boring and not in line with the naming convention established thus far.

While I always loved 1 and 2, in later years I began to think of 2 as the clearly inferior one with a sorta inconsistent tone, but I watched my new bluray of 2 over the weekend and it made me feel like I was seeing it again for the first time (been a little while since I've seen it). I fucking loved it. Love the darker tone, the harder music, and just mostly everything.

3 has its work cut out for it and sadly I doubt it will live up to 1 and 2. Fingers are super crossed though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Part 3 shoulda been called Triumphant Return.

Face The Music is boring and not in line with the naming convention established thus far.

While I always loved 1 and 2, in later years I began to think of 2 as the clearly inferior one with a sorta inconsistent tone, but I watched my new bluray of 2 over the weekend and it made me feel like I was seeing it again for the first time (been a little while since I've seen it). I fucking loved it. Love the darker tone, the harder music, and just mostly everything.

3 has its work cut out for it and sadly I doubt it will live up to 1 and 2. Fingers are super crossed though.

rewatch the first one, you will see it is very easy to live up to that =P
The second is clearly supperior in every level