• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thank god Democrats hold majority of the seats again. Fuck that was a shit time for awhile.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Sounds like progress to me...

Personally, I like having a left mainstream party operating in the US that has the political wind at its back to gets it own Speaker and have the funding to support their candidates in general elections so they can take on Trump's wall in congress. The Dems don't get that without continuous funding from those donors.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't veto proof is it as the vote seems to be along party lines. Need a veto proof passage from both chambers of congress.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting them to cave in the near future because nothing good ever really happens.

Are you for real right now? Like are you actually serious with this?

Is this the narrative? Dems, in control of the House, are going to give Trump his wall? In a spending bill that has bipartisan support?

I just can't with some of you people. This is Trump-supporter level double think right here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you for real right now? Like are you actually serious with this?

Is this the narrative? Dems, in control of the House, are going to give Trump his wall? In a spending bill that has bipartisan support?

I just can't with some of you people. This is Trump-supporter level double think right here.
remember, Dems are wimps and always cave. now I don't know much about politics, but I'm obviously right about this. if not, how can you explain Dems being unable to stop anything for the past two years? exactly.

looks like I won't be voting again this year

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
remember, Dems are wimps and always cave. now I don't know much about politics, but I'm obviously right about this. if not, how can you explain Dems being unable to stop anything for the past two years? exactly.

Because they just got control of congress this year, they didn't have the majority while Trump's been in office. Having a POTUS that can veto bills, and a VP who can vote in the GOPs favour with tie-breakers really helps fulfilling the agenda.

Which is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't veto proof is it as the vote seems to be along party lines. Need a veto proof passage from both chambers of congress.

Yes, this begins the pressure that Ryan wasn't applying. They have no cover when their chamber of Congress is passing legislation their constituents want completed. Like opening the government and getting people fucking paid--at minimum.

Lets also not gloss over the subpoena power...

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Not unless the bill is altered somewhat... Maybe throw in DACA, and a few billion for border security. There is a deal to be made.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The talk about veto proof doesn't matter anyway. There is no way the GOP is moving forward without Trump. The last thing they want to do is make it seem like they are working around him. The party has fully embraced Trump, it would make him look extremely weak, as if they weren't all on the same page. I really don't see a way forward here for anybody.

Trump wants his wall funding, despite there being a bill that would have passed if Trump didn't kill it. Dems have no reason to give it to him. Trump is holding things up. Trump's going to have to throw in everything AND the kitchen sink if he wants wall spending. No way Republicans can let this continue on when tax refunds would be rolling in the public would be demanding their heads.

My guess is Pelosi already know what she's willing to give up for 5 billion wall money. Hell she probably has a list ready to go, but she's just waiting for Republicans to come begging for mercy once they realize they are fucked here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how wild is it that Republicans are risking everything over nothing because Ann Coulter was mad on twitter

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
how wild is it that Republicans are risking everything over nothing because Ann Coulter was mad on twitter
In their desperation they turned to a man they didn't quite understand.

Trump is completely unpredictable and unstable which means he's uncontrollable because he believes whatever he hears and he runs on emotions and ego.

This is what they fully embraced though, knowing full well they were leaving themselves open to the whims of a mad man. But hey, he could line their pockets, and maybe take away the money from the poor minorities. They had full control of the government after all. It was a risk they were willing to take.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Don't give shit for the wall. That is the only thing trump ran on it was his entire campaign. Don't give him that ever.

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
I really need this shutdown to end...I need my check. Stop holding my life hostage, asshats.

I'll hold on for the dems to pull through, but im feeling stressed.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
McConell will kneel in front of Pelosi and beg for a wall funding. She will say no.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
McConell will kneel in front of Pelosi and beg for a wall funding. She will say no.
thumb.jpg

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Dems should give him 5 billion for full DACA. Considering they were going to give 25-35 billion earlier this year for it it would be a huge win

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In their desperation they turned to a man they didn't quite understand.

Trump is completely unpredictable and unstable which means he's uncontrollable because he believes whatever he hears and he runs on emotions and ego.

This is what they fully embraced though, knowing full well they were leaving themselves open to the whims of a mad man. But hey, he could line their pockets, and maybe take away the money from the poor minorities. They had full control of the government after all. It was a risk they were willing to take.
Funny thing is Trump grants them power but also limits them. I ahve no doubt in my mind that if Cruz was in office they would have gotten the repeal

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm not entirely sure about this. Giving Trump his stupid money that ultimately won't be spent on a wall anyway, is really meaningless, depending on what Dems can get in return. You think MAGAheads are going to be thrilled about DACA being taken care of even for this money? I don't. It will be a bittersweet victory. And something like that may never get taken care of if not for right now when Trump is desperate.

That said, Pelosi will undoubtedly be telling Trump no to any funding for a wall, for now.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not entirely sure about this. Giving Trump his stupid money that ultimately won't be spent on a wall anyway, is really meaningless, depending on what Dems can get in return. You think MAGAheads are going to be thrilled about DACA being taken care of even for this money? I don't. It will be a bittersweet victory. And something like that may never get taken care of if not for right now when Trump is desperate.

That said, Pelosi will undoubtedly be telling Trump no to any funding for a wall, for now.
Stop thinking about the magaheads.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Funny thing is Trump grants them power but also limits them. I ahve no doubt in my mind that if Cruz was in office they would have gotten the repeal
Oh absolutely. Trump was the worst thing for their agenda, but, he cultivated an almost cult like following around him. They are beholden to Trump and don't want to risk pissing off Trump supporters. All they can do at this point is keep supporting Trump and pray they hold on to the Senate and Presidency in 2020 because as soon as they turn on Trump, that's over (though it is already IMO).

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely. Trump was the worst thing for their agenda, but, he cultivated an almost cult like following around him. They are beholden to Trump and don't want to risk pissing off Trump supporters. All they can do at this point is keep supporting Trump and pray they hold on to the Senate and Presidency in 2020 because as soon as they turn on Trump, that's over (though it is already IMO).
Don't forget the Team Rocket like Freedom Caucus

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It makes no sense. even if he got the funding it would still be something Anne Coulter would hate because a concrete wall is infeasible and that's what he hyped up.
its funnyhow deflated the wall arguments got when people saw that weird slotted metal bar design

"Build The Wall!... what the hell is that?"

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I really need this shutdown to end...I need my check. Stop holding my life hostage, asshats.

I'll hold on for the dems to pull through, but im feeling stressed.

Man I'm so sorry. Fucking republican shitbirds don't gaf about the avg person. It's maddening to see them play games at our expense. It just makes me so angry, I can feel my blood pressure rise.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tweaked the thread title a bit to clarify that this bill was just passed in the House and that Senate approval is needed to end the shutdown.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm surprised Trump has not been assassinated yet....you would think someone would have done it in 2017.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
I don't think the dems can trust any promises from this administration so they should never bargain over this wall money. The only 'win' Trump should get here is opening the gov't back up. He can spin it however he wants to his base, but it's time to end the tantrum.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't think the dems can trust any promises from this administration so they should never bargain over this wall money. The only 'win' Trump should get here is opening the gov't back up. He can spin it however he wants to his base, but it's time to end the tantrum.
There's truth to this. Never trust Republicans they are the scorpions that will always look for a way to sting you. But, Pelosi also knows what she is doing, thank the Lord.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
You completely missed my point. I was saying exactly that. Don't care about the stupid MAGAheads (or Trump getting a victory here), they aren't getting a win out of this anyway.
Gotcha. Sorry, took it the wrong way. I'm tired of hearing about 'em.

Edit* Fuck 'em to hell and smack.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
There's truth to this. Never trust Republicans they are the scorpions that will always look for a way to sting you. But, Pelosi also knows what she is doing, thank the Lord.

It's a quantum level of bullshit, when one Republican is telling the truth about a deal Trump will cut them loose. When Trump is being somewhat honourable, someone in his inner circle will spike it for their own agenda - like with John Kelly did with DACA.