• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure his over 50 fanbase will take this message to heart and immediately get out there to win one for the Gipper.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Sure I will get right on that. Because everyone knows that while I will probably survive there is also no chance of me spreading this virus to those that might not be so lucky. Nope, viruses don't spread amongst humans.

Fuck off Bill and anyone that makes his tired old "think of the economy" argument.

Old rich white men experience existential crisis at the very notion of The Great Machine slowing down for even a month.

It's just so inconceivable to them that generating revenue for capitalists isn't more important than health and safety.

Oct 27, 2017
If I was in college living in a house full of college kids without underlying health conditions and not going home or visiting non-college people, I'd probably be willing to go out to the bar or the beach.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I hear Bill Maher talk I respect him less. I've never once understood how he's lasted in the "entertainment" business as long as he has.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
They've already blatantly said old people could die for it before, this is not much of a change.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
This guy is so unfunny, the pandemic has exposed just how bad their "jokes" really are without applause sign going off every 10 seconds.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should do a video where they ask people who have over a hundred million dollars in personal cash and above should donate at least 10% to pay for the trillion-dollar student loans. Once you do that I guarantee you we will spend money on the economy. Until then go fuck yourself... I'm saving my money.

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
New Rule: If you want to encourage other people to go out and spend money amidst a global pandemic, you can't do it from the patio of your multi-million dollar mansion/bunker like a...*cues the audience*...whiny, little bitch.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"Rescuing the economy" is not a switch that gets flipped on, and it's so frustrating to see people continually suggest that it is.

Reminder that some people still think Bill Maher is a hero of the Left.

The only people who seem to think that Bill Maher is some sort of leftist are conservatives who only watch Fox News. I just don't know where this idea comes from.

If Bill Maher is anything he's an anti-establishment libertine, who would fit in as much on Fox or OAN as anybody else would. I think in the 90s or early 2000s there was this idea that anti-establishmentarians were automatically liberals or something, but the GOP has been dominated by the anti-establishment going on about 10 years now and Bill Maher fits in pretty snuggly with those people.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Maher sucks, and my stance on that since the early 2000s when I was finally old enough to become aware of him has been consistent/vindicated time after time, word to Lauper

Also, America is one of those countries uniquely unready for COVID due to our FYGM attitude and just sociopathic individualism. If it didn't have the ability to effect those taking the precautions, I'd say just fucking desserts, but it just puts everyone in danger.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
My life is more or less resumed. I go to work, I go to grocery stores or Walmart or Lowe's when I need to, then I go home. With the exception of movie theaters and on the very rare occasion bars, I'm not doing anything less right now than I was before this virus, only difference is when I do go to a store I'm wearing a mask

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
considering the long-term lung problems/complications people of all ages get from covid, maher can kindly shut the fuck up

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
His argument is that the death rate for young people is like .5%. That they should take on the risk. And judging from driving around my city, most young people are already doing this.
He's continuing the disgusting trend of only looking at the death rate. We already have evidence of clots, lung damage, and more in survivors, even among young people.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Rescuing the economy" is not a switch that gets flipped on, and it's so frustrating to see people continually suggest that it is.

Yeah, the only thing that can rescue our economy right now is enough people staying home and wearing masks that we can eventually get the virus under control. If we didn't have delusional states like Florida ruining it for the rest of us by returning to business as usual f O r T h E e C o N o M y we would already be turning it around by now.

Sending everyone back to work now, and out to travel around and buy stuff and act normal is just going to let the virus rage out of control, which will mean the US will be the Escape From New York prison island until a vaccine is made and can be distributed to basically everyone. We couldn't even distribute masks to people so I'm not holding my breath on that happening in any kind of speedy way.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
On one hand I agree with the sentiment of "If young people are going to risk their lives, you're better off doing it for something useful than for stupid shit."

But on the other, bigger hand, I think people shouldn't risk their lives or others.. PERIOD.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
If I was in college living in a house full of college kids without underlying health conditions and not going home or visiting non-college people, I'd probably be willing to go out to the bar or the beach.

That must be a personal and actual choice. No one should be pushed to make it. And certainly not for the economy.

The weight of the economy is not on the shoulders of young adults. At all.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Rich People: What can we do to save the economy!?
Everyone else: Give us money and social safety nets
Rich People: How about you go die for my stock portfolio instead?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
so Bill's stance is we need a recession to get Trump out of office, but also young people should die in order to stop the recession he previously wanted.