• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bill Gates has fully recognized the coronavirus response from U.S. state governors, specifically Governors Jay Inslee of Washington state, Andrew Cuomo of New York, Gavin Newsome of California, Mike DeWine of Ohio and Larry Hogan of Maryland:

twitter.com

Bill Gates on Twitter

“I’ve been impressed by governors across the country including @JayInslee, @NYGovCuomo, @GavinNewsom, @GovMikeDeWine, @GovLarryHogan, and the many others who are guiding their communities through this challenge and providing a model for us all to follow.”

baltimore.cbslocal.com

Coronavirus Latest: Bill Gates 'Impressed' By Hogan's Handling Of COVID-19 Pandemic In Maryland

Billionaire philanthropist and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is applauding the efforts of several U.S. governors, including Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, for their responses to the coronavirus pandemic.

March 27, 2020

Billionaire philanthropist and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is applauding the efforts of several U.S. governors, including Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, for their responses to the coronavirus pandemic.

On Twitter Friday, Gates wrote he was "impressed" by Hogan, as well as governors Jay Inslee of Washington, Andrew Cuomo of New York, Gavin Newsom of California and Mike DeWine of Ohio.

"I've been impressed by governors across the country including @JayInslee, @NYGovCuomo, @GavinNewsom, @GovMikeDeWine, @GovLarryHogan, and the many others who are guiding their communities through this challenge and providing a model for us all to follow," Gates tweeted.

Hogan has made numerous appearances on national news programs in recent weeks touting the state's handling of the pandemic.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
People in his twitter mentions praising him and throwing up their cashapp account for financial support (i don't blame them). It's all too much.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, aside from the election clusterfuck, DeWine has been pretty good during this crisis. Though he did throw in some "emergency" spending cuts to remind people he's a Republican. Dr. Acton has been great too.

Simplegamer

Oct 26, 2017
I have to admit, aside from the election clusterfuck, DeWine has been pretty good during this crisis. Though he did throw in some "emergency" spending cuts to remind people he's a Republican. Dr. Acton has been great too.
Agreed. I never liked DeWine but he has been on top of things since the first few cases hit Ohio.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Uhoh, incoming tweet from that guy on how he secretly ran Microsoft into the ground or isn't actually that smart......

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Agreed. I never liked DeWine but he has been on top of things since the first few cases hit Ohio.

Yeah, I'm glad that if we are going to keep electing Republicans in Ohio, at least Dewine has been pretty competent on the issue and his actions have saved lives. I shutter to think of having someone like DeSantis as governor.

Oct 27, 2017
I admire Bill Gates, and he was the heart and soul of MS. Ballmer was a disaster.

but honestly, I'm tired of listening to billionaires. Shut up, Bill. Even though you're right.
Well the guy has been a a full time philanthropist for the past 15 years, with the majority of his time effort and money working to solve these types of problems in 3rd world countries. With his background and global leverage/resources, he probably has some footing/background to stand on in this matter, rather than your average rich joe.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Never been the biggest fan of Cuomo but he's been very impressive thus far. At this point my work (do security at corporate buildings in midtown NYC) tune into his briefings instead of the Trump clown show

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't it his foundations goal to eradicate malaria? Noble pursuit and his expertise is welcome.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Not to take away from what the mentioned governors did but its easy to be impressed when few have done nothing.

McMasters isnt doing an SC lockdown even though by May 2nd we're projected to have 8000 cases. Charleston took charge and locked down last week. The city of Columbia are just now deciding to lockdown starting Sunday night. West columbia where I work I'm surrounded by fast food and grocery stores it looks like business as usual here. In my personal county we have 1 confirmed case but wouldnt be surprised if there were more because we either work towards Columbia or Orangeburg which have cases.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I would probably disagree with Dewine on every single political position, but I have really appreciated his afternoon press conferences. They are straightforward and very informative, and Dr. Acton seems incredibly knowledgeable about everything and always speaks. I wish we had a president that would at least take his approach in how to deliver this news in a press conference every day.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
No love for KY Governor Andy Beshear? He's done such a great job that he's become a meme here (people are wearing "Govern me, Daddy" shirts).

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tx here but gotta give major props to Cuomo. Was the first person I listened to in this crisis who made me think 'you know what we will actually get through this, and be better for it'. I felt genuinely relieved and felt actual catharsis after listening to his live presentation. Leadership and confidence while giving it to you straight.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Bill Gates recently conducted an AMA on Reddit regarding the coronavirus pandemic:

His recent interview on TED is also a great watch. If the FDA can approve the self-swabbing he's helped develop, this could be huge.

The man is one of the rare, yet uncomforting (given the large majority of them are so awful) cases for the good billionaire. Able to take risks over long periods of time because government/candidates are perpetually prioritizing immediate issues that affect electability and have a responsibility to not take risks with public funds.

The Melinda Gates interview on Letterman was such an eye-opener to how sometimes even when the wealthy try to exert their power/influence for the good, governments (namely US) have other things in mind.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
No complaints about my Governor Tom Wolf of PA. He's been very proactive from the start.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Praise should definitely be given where needed.

I hope that on the flip side some governors' responses are utterly condemned. (Kay Ivey in Alabama)

Dec 31, 2017
It's the attitude where I'm tired of rich people who decide that because they're rich they're experts in fields that they did no study in. See Musk and others.

I think Bill is trying to dot he right thing, though.

Bill Gates is likely not ignorant towards this situation. He actually gave a Tedtalk on this exact pandemic situation a couple years ago. He seems to know his stuff.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Trade him for Kemp and I will throw in a Perdue

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
You know, I don't like the idea of a "billionaire businessman" as a president. But if we HAD to have one, we got the wrong one.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Walz has been amazing for us up in Minnesota. You can tell he has a teaching background... amazing well thought out press conferences with tons of info and has been super transparent.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's the attitude where I'm tired of rich people who decide that because they're rich they're experts in fields that they did no study in. See Musk and others.

I think Bill is trying to dot he right thing, though.

Um, you know about Bill and Melinda Gates foundation right? And what they've done across the world. I think he's qualified to speak on the matter.