• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Bill Cosby says he's prepared to serve his 10-year maximum sentence for sexual assault rather than show remorse for a crime the comedian says he didn't commit.

Cosby is serving three to 10 years in a state prison near Philadelphia after a jury last year convicted him of sexually assaulting a Temple University employee in 2004. The 82-year-old says the Pennsylvania parole board is "not going to hear me say that I have remorse." He thinks it's therefore unlikely he'll be released early.

He made the comments in a phone interview on Sunday with BlackPressUSA as he appeals his felony conviction and sex offender status.

Legal experts say sex offenders typically must show remorse to be considered for parole.

Cosby is best known for his 1980s-era sitcom, "The Cosby Show."

Hopefully he never makes it out of jail. Rot in hell, Bill.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Still saying he's innocent.

I would've thought he would have let the truth out by now

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
"Cosby is best known for his 1980s-era sitcom, "The Cosby Show." "

err not anymore!

Best known for being a serial rapist and sex offender!

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, not too surprised. If you have the money to pay lawyers for post-conviction appeals. Admitting guilt WHILE you are still going through the appeal process would probably undermine your appeal.

I wouldn't be surprised if the POS changes his tune after his conviction doesn't get overturned via appeal, and he's actually facing the parole board. I hope the parole board considers these statements today of no remorse and weighs them heavily verses any fake change of heart he may pretend to have in the future.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I don't get this. He can't possibly doing this to protect his reputation or legacy, since those are very much destroyed already, he's always going to be remembered for being a creep and a serial rapist.
Why would he not show remorse (regardless of whether he actually feels any)?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so bizarre that as a child you can look up to people like him for smiles and inspiration but they have this secret predatory life that goes unfounded for so long, only when you're an adult do you start to realise all your heroes were not who they seem.

That tarnishes their legacy, you know how man children like to say overly dramatic things such as "This is destroying my childhood."? It's like Rey being strong with the force won't take away your childhood memories of watching Luke Skywalker but people like Bill Cosby and MJ are different. I can't "seperate the art from the artist" and so whenever I try to reminisce about some childhood memories, if these people are anywhere in there on TV or the radio, it sours the memory.

These people literally destroyed childhoods and for others such as myself they tainted my childhood memories and stop me from enjoying mine.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't get this. He can't possibly doing this to protect his reputation or legacy, since those are very much destroyed already, he's always going to be remembered for being a creep and a serial rapist.
You still se people defending him and believing his innocence, so I suppose maybe he is trying to keep them on his side? Or maybe he is just in denial about what he did, who knows..

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably for saving face to his close friends and family who might still believe in him despite the overwhelming evidence rather than for general public opinion

Why admit it and lose them too when it's likely you'd die in prison even with a reduced sentence

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This is probably for saving face to his close friends and family who might still believe in him despite the overwhelming evidence rather than for general public opinion

Why admit it and lose them too when it's likely you'd die in prison even with a reduced sentence

Hmmm, maybe. I would think that his guilt was established pretty comprehensively, but you're right, maybe there are still some people who believe he's innocent.

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine saying "yep I feel bad about doing this" it'll open him up to all kinds of civil suits - which are probably happening already anyways. Not supporting the guy - I hope he has a "fine" time in prison for the rest of his shit life. Should have just put him in genpop and called it a day.

Last edited:

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is another case of "Keeping it real gone wrong." Sure, dude. Serve your 10 fcking years and see if you're still alive by then.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I imagine saying "yep I feel bad about doing this" it'll open him up to all kinds of civil suits - which are probably happening already anyways. Not supporting the guy - I hope he has a "fine" time in prison for the rest of his shit life. Should have just put him in genpop and called it a day.

Well, I mean, if he only did half-assed apology ("sorry you felt wronged"), as is unfortunately the standard nowadays, it wouldn't open him to litigation. It's still a step further than his current no remorse thing.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
a12e2482701d6f2ee934ab1d6ed2fdf15b3252a77097cd9615844998a3cfc7f9.jpg

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Very few people like him ever actually willingly break the illusion. He will keep up appearances until the day he dies, and if he does show his true face to someone it will only be in service of gaslighting them.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he'll pass the first three years, remorseful or not, his story will end in jail.

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
No remorse huh?
Drugging and raping many women is nothing to feel bad about?
Not at all?
I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison. Society is better off without this kind of human garbage.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still saying he's innocent.

I would've thought he would have let the truth out by now

Denial is an amazing state of mind, especially when you still have supporters. Jerry Sandusky was preaching his innocence just a week or two ago trying to commute his sentence.

I'm bummed that The Cosby Show is forever tainted, but fuck that guy.

Yea it really sucks because that show was gold for a long time. Theo's graduation day was one of my favorite episodes.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Bill Cosby: Refuses to use bad language in his comedy routines and thinks other comedians shouldn't
Also Bill Cosby: Raped people and feels no remorse

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I actually met a Bill Cosby apologist the other day and I was so confused lol.

Even Azealia Banks stopped trying to defend him awhile back.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. He shows remorse chances are it opens lawsuits. His estate money probably isn't touched that much.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017

because then he doesn't have to accept the reality of what he's done

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's so bizarre that as a child you can look up to people like him for smiles and inspiration but they have this secret predatory life that goes unfounded for so long, only when you're an adult do you start to realise all your heroes were not who they seem.

That tarnishes their legacy, you know how man children like to say overly dramatic things such as "This is destroying my childhood."? It's like Rey being strong with the force won't take away your childhood memories of watching Luke Skywalker but people like Bill Cosby and MJ are different. I can't "seperate the art from the artist" and so whenever I try to reminisce about some childhood memories, if these people are anywhere in there on TV or the radio, it sours the memory.

These people literally destroyed childhoods and for others such as myself they tainted my childhood memories and stop me from enjoying mine.
They say "never meet your heroes".

... That said, the only people who ever said a bad word about Mister Rogers was Fox News for making kids "soft".

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry to break it to you, but i'm sure Cosby is fine in jail. Fuck that piece of shit rapist, but I'm quite sure he's gravy in Gen-Pop.

Feb 1, 2018
He'll probably change his tune real quick once he realizes 10 years = dying in jail given his age, health condition, and the toxic food/environment of prison