• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
bill-and-ted-face-the-music-poster-405x600.jpg

We have some most excellent news. The long awaited threequel to the excellent adventures of Bill and Ted are upon us, and it may well be their biggest and best adventure yet.

Cast:
Alex Winter as Bill S. Preston
Keanu Reeves as Theodore 'Ted' Logan
Samara Weaving as Theadora 'Thea' Preston
Brigette Lundy-Paine as Wilhelmina "Billie" Logan

Trailers:

Open spoilers and discussions are allowed and untagged. You have been warned.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Was the rapper guy a real artist or was he just a character for this movie? He was weird and felt out of place.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Watched it with my wife last night and I think this is about as good a movie as you could get for a 3rd Bill & Ted movie done many years after the first two. The new stuff with Bill & Ted was amusing and the way that their daughters basically repeated their own version of the first two movies in extreme fast-forward was also amusing.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
just realise that Keanu's daughter is Brigette Lundy-Paine , Sam's sister from Atypical on netflix.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
What this movie misses out on in laugh out loud moments, it makes up for in pure fucking heart. Exactly the movie I needed.

Also, props for having the movie take place in real time. And Dennis is fucking amazing.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
What this movie misses out on in laugh out loud moments, it makes up for in pure fucking heart. Exactly the movie I needed.

Also, props for having the movie take place in real time. And Dennis is fucking amazing.

The actor who plays Dennis, Anthony Carrigan, is also amazing in Gotham and Barry. I was pleasantly surprised that he was in this.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Watched it last night. It was highly enjoyable. Had a lot of really fun parts.

I loved Dennis. I loved that he was named after Kelly's ex and that her mother named him that. I loved everyones interactions with him. And I love that somehow he came to Hell too.

The daughters were spot on in their impressions of their dads. I'm so glad it wasn't about them growing up to hate them like an overused trope.

The holographic Rufus was a nice tribute. I guess they got an impersonator to do his VoiceOver. I heard his actual daughter Kelly was in this as a cameo. Anyone know where she was?

People in the past sure do react well to the sudden appearance of future people and technology. But I guess it's always been that way.

Not enough Death. But the parts he was in were really fun. Sad they didn't go to Heaven too. Imagine what that would have looked like now. The helpful demons were good too.

Ted's dad changed his mind about their adventures pretty quickly once he got killed. lol Was Bill's dad not in this?

It was definitely not what I expected and I'm glad I couldn't predict this movie. I'm glad it got made and I'm glad it didn't suck like it totally could have. It's not perfect but it's wonderful.

tomakasatnav

Oct 27, 2017
TOKYO
Can I get a future evil Ted saying Poppycock? That'd be great.

I had a blast with this. I liked the beginning more than the end which seems to be the opposite to most, but it was all very fun throughout and very much what I needed right now.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
There's a guy that I swear must be real grown up Deacon at the wedding, looks just like him.

Alex Winter was great, Keanu never had his giant shit eating grin energy. Not spectacular, but really enjoyable sequel.

TechMetalRules

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I went in with LOW expectations and had a pretty good time! One of my favorite parts was when the daughters were talking to Death about his bass career. Also, Anthony Carrigan was a pleasant surprise!

The most unrealistic thing in the whole movie was Hendrix's guitar playing.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I love how the daughters have their plot and while it was a rehash of the first 2 movies, it never seemed blatant. But of course, the biggest stars were in fact, Keanu and Alex, they still got it (Keanu did merge his Ted voice with John Wick though) and everyone seemed to have had a blast with this movie, I do wish this movie had a chance to be out in the non Rona hellhole to give the Guys a win. Maybe it will make the budget back and go over.

Also I swear the Circle K sign in the climax was to make up for it not being near a Circle K in the movie.

Excellent
Face the Music
Bogus

May 30, 2018
i just watched the last 30 mins again and it literally made me cry. it's just a nice movie, they don't make nice movies like that anymore. it's all positivity and cute as shit and i needed it really bad. i can't think of another movie (other than maybe a pee-wee herman kind of thing) that could do what it does and feel as honest and genuine.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite moment was Ted's dad staring in disbelief at Bill and Ted flopping off the balcony with buckets on their heads.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Slept on it. Digested a bit

It's a not an amazing movie in its own right. It's a comfort blanket. It's a love letter. It's a belated sequel spoken by people who love the movies to fans who grew up with the movies. It's not 'problematic'. It stays true to the spirit of the originals if not the creative highs.

But its enough and I'm glad it exists, I really am

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if this doesn't end up amazing I hope it gives Alex Winter a bit of a jumpstart. Always felt like he got the short end of the stick for no apparent reason. Not the greatest actor in the world but not "fade into total obscurity" worthy either.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I quite enjoyed it, after rewatching them all the first one is definitely still the funniest but this didn't feel out of place at all for being such a late sequel

May 30, 2018
Even if this doesn't end up amazing I hope it gives Alex Winter a bit of a jumpstart. Always felt like he got the short end of the stick for no apparent reason. Not the greatest actor in the world but not "fade into total obscurity" worthy either.
some of his reactions in this movie were particularly standout. wonderful comedic timing.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When Kid Cudi stopped everything to say something I was SO RELIEVED that it wasn't "San Dimas High School football rules!".

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely felt like Billie had more of a character than Thea.

Truth, but that's no slight against the actress. I think they could have done with another 10minutes interacting personally but invariably that may have pissed off some wanting it to be more Reeves/Winter centric

It's well paced for sure and doesn't outstay its welcome but can't help feel it needed another 10minutes extra to breathe

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a Bill & Ted superfan (though Excellent is...excellent) but I was laughing the whole time, and the movie is just so damn charming and uplifting. The chemistry between Keanu and Winters is undeniable, and their daughters were perfectly cast. I'm actually disappointed I didn't kick in the extra five bucks to own the movie.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Watched it yesterday, enjoyed it. Fun scenes, fun sequel. It's a great and sweet followup to the previous films and that's all I asked for to be honest.

That said (and I already posted this yesterday), did they age up Keanu or is it the missing beard? I do think they used some make-up to make him look a bit older or more pale or something?

Deleted member 20155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First 20 minutes of this were rough but after that it was way better than I thought it would be. So refreshing to watch something where everything is just kinda nice, too. Station!

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it. Overall, I feel satisfied and it is a nice closer to the series. It really felt like the final part in a trilogy (although the movie did end kinda abruptly). I did feel the movie could have slowed down in parts and both story-lines felt a little under-developed as a result of the high pace. I don't think I've ever said this, but the film could have been 15 minutes longer imo. Also compared to Bogus Journey the movie felt a bit visually boring.

At this point I think it's probably the weakest of the three, but not by a huge margin, it is very faithful and respectful to the previous films and the positive, cynicism-free tone of the movie elevates it for sure.

It's pretty much as good as I could have hoped for and I already think back on it with fond memories and I'll watch it in regular rotation with the other two as of now.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Just finished it. So good, and didn't feel like a forced entry. I loved that everything from previous movies was canon... everything.

Station!!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly loved it. It was probably a 7/10 without NoHo Hank, but he brought it up to an 8.5 or 9 for me. Just good vibes, rad songs, and a surprisingly touching script. Really happy that this movie exists.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Shit. I haven't watched that movie in Forever.
I only heard of it because RedLetterMedia did that re:view of it. I never even heard of it before, which I guess is not surprising. After they talked about it though, I saw that the whole film was on youtube, so I watched it that way. I think the worst part about it is that it kinda seems more mean spirited, way more than Bill & Ted films are. It was still kinda funny though, in a really "this is so dumb, but funny" kind of way, which I think was the intention, so I guess it succeeds at what it's going for? lol

HairyIncomparableGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

They are just relentless to that kid in it, lol

Oct 28, 2017
I only heard of it because RedLetterMedia did that re:view of it. I never even heard of it before, which I guess is not surprising. After they talked about it though, I saw that the whole film was on youtube, so I watched it that way. I think the worst part about it is that it kinda seems more mean spirited, way more than Bill & Ted films are. It was still kinda funny though, in a really "this is so dumb, but funny" kind of way, which I think was the intention, so I guess it succeeds at what it's going for? lol

HairyIncomparableGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

They are just relentless to that kid in it, lol
One of the movie channels showed this movie all the time when I was growing up. It was a favorite of mine and my brother.

Streaks

Oct 28, 2017
Fun movie. It was better than expected and the whole child fulfilling the prophecy felt a bit Star Wars to me lol. Now to go buy the tshirt Bill had on during the movie!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Slept on it. Digested a bit

It's a not an amazing movie in its own right. It's a comfort blanket. It's a love letter. It's a belated sequel spoken by people who love the movies to fans who grew up with the movies. It's not 'problematic'. It stays true to the spirit of the originals if not the creative highs.

But its enough and I'm glad it exists, I really am
Basically my thoughts. I could critique a lot and lament about what was and wasn't done, but end of the day it was nice watch that maintained the spirit of the originals which is all I could really ask for given most modern sequels.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
It was alright. Nice end to the series I guess. Wasn't a fan of Ted's daughter just came off as a bad impression of Ted.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Dennis stole the show for me personally. He didn't get enough time. His reaction after realizing he killed a bunch of people who weren't Bill or Ted was great. The fact that there's no explanation as to how he could even die and go to Hell. Constantly reminding everyone he has a full name. The fact that he was built by Rufus's wife and named after their daughter's ex-boyfriend just to spite her.