• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
So, just to reiterate- we're expecting this to go live at 12:01am tomorrow morning? I'm debating making it a late night tonight to watch it. Also, anyone know if the Amazon purchase is 4k or not?

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
So, just to reiterate- we're expecting this to go live at 12:01am tomorrow morning? I'm debating making it a late night tonight to watch it. Also, anyone know if the Amazon purchase is 4k or not?

Yep, seems to be the case. My paid copy on Vudu showed "available in 7 hours" when 5 PM EST rolled around. Some people think it might drop "early" at 11 PM EST. We'll see. I'm staying up to watch it! It's only an hour and a half long. Used to do midnight showings all the time back in the day.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
How's Keanu? He seems a little stiff in the previews.
That's probably the most meh part of the movie is it feels like the main timeline bill and ted feels like them doing the same thing but now they're old. But you run into other versions and Keanu and Alex are (no pun intended) Excellent there. The daughters are part of the story but not in it enough to bother me. It's a modern B movie which is charming in a way.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This is my first time buying a film digitally at release like this.

Is there a usual time they are available to watch (bought my copy on Amazon)? Midnight eastern? pacific?

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Since these are the last moments for speculation before the movie is available. Do you think they'll address the end of Bogus Journey? The headlines in that one always seemed like they were already on their way to changing the world, but clearly that wasn't the case with this film.

Thanks for the heads up. I would have ended up getting the standard HD version without this.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Since these are the last moments for speculation before the movie is available. Do you think they'll address the end of Bogus Journey? The headlines in that one always seemed like they were already on their way to changing the world, but clearly that wasn't the case with this film.

Thanks for the heads up. I would have ended up getting the standard HD version without this.
I'm fairly certain they will. That's half the charm. They were huge and it didn't stick. That has to hurt more than never making it at all.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
I want to give this film my money (unlike Tenet that I will make a point of never watching), but it doesn't seem available on demand anywhere here in Brazil. I will wait until it's available on iTunes or Google Play.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

trailer kinda sorta hints that the events of B&T 1 and 2 didn't particularly "happen". or that was my read anyway

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That trailer was so damn charming. Will be checking this out on demand. I loved the originals back in the day, and this looks like it fits right in with the tone of those. I should rewatch the first two while I wait for this one.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I'm watching Bogus as I type this- it holds up remarkably well (with the exception of the 3 letter word that averages one mention a movie).

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
The Bill and Ted duology are two of my all time favorite movies. This movie releasing is like a holiday for me, I'm extremely looking forward to watching this when I wake up tomorrow. I was worried it wouldn't be released digitally and would try to go theaters only, it being digital too makes me so relieved.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
The Bill and Ted duology are two of my all time favorite movies. This movie releasing is like a holiday for me, I'm extremely looking forward to watching this when I wake up tomorrow. I was worried it wouldn't be released digitally and would try to go theaters only, it being digital too makes me so relieved.

Right there with ya. So ready for that wholesome energy.

Station!

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
trailer kinda sorta hints that the events of B&T 1 and 2 didn't particularly "happen". or that was my read anyway
I never got that from the trailer. They talk about the performance at the end of 2, and how it was broadcast around the world, so that happened. They show them visit hell again and so that happened.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I never got that from the trailer. They talk about the performance at the end of 2, and how it was broadcast around the world, so that happened. They show them visit hell again and so that happened.

mainly going of the dad's saying they never time traveled &ect. i can see how the events were like a circus mirror projection of 'what really happened'... but then turns out they "weren't so crazy after all!"

we'll find out in a few hours either way

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this in a theater with 2 other people today, I really enjoyed it. Pretty much what you'd hope for in another Bill & Ted movie.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
mainly going of the dad's saying they never time traveled &ect. i can see how the events were like a circus mirror projection of 'what really happened'... but then turns out they "weren't so crazy after all!"

we'll find out in a few hours either way
Ted's dad's whole character is not believing in his son and thinking he's a loser. He thinks Ted made up everything.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It was most triumphant. Non-non-non-non-non heinous!!! Took a bit to get going but the back half is awesome. Loved the girls. The robot is amazing. Death steals the show. I had a huge smile on my face for the last ten minutes and got teary-eyed.

STATION!

They actually pulled it off.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Can't wait to watch. Andrew WK's "The Party Never Dies" on the trailer too, which is great as he's the closest thing to a real life Bill and Ted there is.

Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I was disappointed. To me it really was a movie that did not need to be made. I was really starting to like the movie but the abrupt ending killed the momentum for me.

And i really really live the first two movies.

Oct 25, 2017
I was disappointed. To me it really was a movie that did not need to be made. I was really starting to like the movie but the abrupt ending killed the momentum for me.

And i really really live the first two movies.

I liked it a lot more, but agree that the ending was abrupt. Post-credits scene helped ease that for me, though, even though nothing much happens in it. It just sort of added a sense of finality to things and closed out the story.

I'm kind of curious if, on rewatch, my perception of any of the story changes.

I don't know that I'd call it a necessary movie, but I don't think it stepped on anything from the prior movies in a way that really hurt anything, it was pretty fun in spots, and ultimately it was nice to see
extremely old Bill & Ted playing guitar together one last time.
It's one of those things where I know it wasn't objectively great, but I enjoyed it and I'll probably rewatch all three films together in the future. It won't be a forgotten sequel for me.

Plus it had gratuitous fan service in the
little Station! exchange; Station not making it in was a bummer but the movie didn't forget at least.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not watchign this in a cinema in the UK. If I buy on itunes US that shoudl be ok right? No different from eg Agents of shield which I bought and watched on my apple TV using my US account

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
It was pretty good! The overt focus on the daughters felt a bit cynical and lazy but it had some good laughs despite its predictability.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
loved it , great call backs to the originals. I love missys new husband. Lol

i watched bogus journey when nit came out in the drive in..

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
My family watched the two originals in prep (I haven't seen Bogus Journey since the theater) and then the new one-- they did a great job matching the feel and updating it. Is it an amazing movie? No, it's on par with Bogus Journey (which isn't quite up to the original, but still pretty good). Nothing beats the first one, but the new one is full of heart and fun and a welcomed addition.

My 11-year-old lost his freaking mind at the end, though. He loved loved loved it.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this movie turned out way better than it had any right being lol. The only major knock I have with it is, surprisingly, Keanu Reeves? Idk, he seemed kinda awkward and uncomfortable most of the time, like he was having difficulty getting into the groove of things. Alex Winter knocked it out of the park though.