• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worn-down Ted confirmed, which a lot of people assumed from the first trailer. I'm looking forward to the multiverse Bill and Teds.

I think I see where this is going and I'm ok with it:

The future lady just said "written by Preston and Logan". The daughters are putting together a band. The daughters write and perform the song that saves the future.

Yup you nailed it.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out this movie is supposed to have a new Mastodon track in it. That's neat, weird fit though.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have loved to have seen this at the theater, but this is the right move. USA stupidity with not wearing mask and not social distancing is not ending anytime soon.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
I'd rather pay $20 to watch this at home than spend gas money to get to a theater, $30 in tickets, and listen to idiots talk and get blinded by their cell phones. Oh, and I can go pee without missing anything.

Yeah.....and now that it is getting an on demand release it is making me think the film isn't that good

You realize most theaters are closed due to the wildly unmanaged Pandemic, right?

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I'd rather pay $20 to watch this at home than spend gas money to get to a theater, $30 in tickets, and listen to idiots talk and get blinded by their cell phones. Oh, and I can go pee without missing anything.

You realize most theaters are closed due to the wildly unmanaged Pandemic, right?
Yeah. So when is Tenet releasing on demand again? IS it next week or August? I can't seem to find it online...

Oct 27, 2017
To me the sequel was even better than the original. I don't have a ton of hope based on those trailers but I'm still down for more Bill and Ted.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Worn-down Ted confirmed, which a lot of people assumed from the first trailer. I'm looking forward to the multiverse Bill and Teds.

The future lady just said "written by Preston and Logan". The daughters are putting together a band. The daughters write and perform the song that saves the future.
Orrrr....

Starts off with the parents in couples therapy. It's the Prestons AND the Logans. Mom/Dad/Kid. Family is the world and is reality.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. So when is Tenet releasing on demand again? IS it next week or August? I can't seem to find it online...

Oh have you not heard? Movies are made by totally different companies now with different budgets and release strategies. It's a recent change so you may have missed the news.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I am cautiously optimistic about this. The best part of Bogus Journey is that it wasn't just Excellent Adventure again. It threw out most of the time travel (Aside from using it in the bookends) and went with a more spiritual direction by sending the characters to Hell, then to Heaven, then back to Earth to save the world. So I hope this ones hook is excellent enough to make it not just a waste of time. I have faith as long as it isn't just Dumb and Dumber To relying on gross humor to get laughs.

That said, initial trailer reactions:
They resurrected Orion.

I like that Death is back and it's still the same actor William Sadler. He stole the show in the second movie.

Also the father is back. It never occurred to me that he wouldn't believe their stories. I guess I assumed after they saved the world everyone would know for a fact that this stuff happened and that time travel and heaven and hell are real.

I like Kristen Schall. I wonder why she shows up in an egg instead of a phone booth time machine? I mean in the next scene we see that they still have them. (Maybe it's an old one from storage)

So it looks like they're doing a bit of both. Traveling in time to find historical dudes (Musicians) and also going to Hell to recruit Death again.

They have my attention. Just too bad I probably won't be able to see it in a theater. That was my plan way back. It was gonna be the first movie I see by myself because I've always gone with a friend or my parents depending on what it is. I doubt anyone will be playing it around here if it's limited.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Day 1, and maybe day 3 (as well). We'll see how good it is, but I really want to support this project because the first two films were iconic to me as a child.

It's cool that it's coming out, but I just can't get behind $20 rentals. I'm still dying to see King of Staten Island, but not for $20.

I mean, if you have one or two people to split it with, you're effectively saving money watching it at home, and you have the benefit of pausing the movie to pee instead of whispering "what'd I miss?"

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks pretty solid about this flick except for Keanu. He looks like he was dragged to make this movie.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
People in this thread are worried about the quality? What? It's Bill and Ted. It's not gonna be great. We're here for the vibes. And this is a very good time for those particular vibes.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Movie looks so beyond excellent. People in here saying the trailers are trash are crazy? Did we watch the same thing?? September 1st can't come soon enough!

StickofRock

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the kids are going back while the parents are going forward, still feels like they are holding back on a lot here so I'm hopeful.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
And for people expecting big laughs or big moments, Bill and Ted never had that. There is a certain vibe they carried that made you invested and cared.

The first trailer didn't feel that way, this did.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Well, aside from the fact that theaters are closed, about $13.

It's not the same for me, though. I love going to the theater, and when I did, I paid for the experience; the movie was just part of it. I know that might not make sense to people that hate movie theaters, but a rental at home is not the same for me. Honestly, I'd be okay with $20 if I could just keep the movie.
Studious should consider a $29.95 price point that gives you the rental now but also nets you the digital release later. I feel a lot more people would be interested with that approach.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

I thought I heard 'Preston Logan', which made me wonder... do we know the daughters' names? I can't help but feel that "Preston Logan" and "Logan Preston" would absolutely fit the characters.