• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I regretfully watched the first 40 minutes of the Godzilla Anime movie on Netflix,supposedly there are 2 more movies of that shit which i cant fathom how a human being should watch these and yes i am a Godzilla fan and yes i have had personal tragedies but jfc if even one person avoid that shit i feel i am helping humanity.

i may or may not be sarcastic but yes that shit was really that bad,pls dont ban me

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
All three of those movies are very nihilist. Just a pure soul sucking experience all around. Nothing good ever happens ever, even at the very end of the last one. All bad times forever and ever.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I watched all of them

They're not great, but I liked some of the stuff. Honestly feels almost like a Knights of Sidonia spin-off, with the same studio animating and lots of the tech looking similar

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I liked them. Big monster doing stuff is fun.
Also best Ghidorah, fight me.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
boot up the planet eater, skip to the part where Ghidorah first appears, then watch until they figure him out. That's about all there is worth watching.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've read Narutaru. I can't imagine anything being more nihilistic than that.

guill

Nov 14, 2017
Do yourself a favor, dont watch that shit.

Go see Godzilla singular point, its amazing

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Not the greatest Godzilla media at all, has a few interesting ideas but never really delivers.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed them but can definitely see why most would probably hate them.

Just finished watching the Godzilla Singular Point series on Netflix in fact and would say the exact same about that, but for different reasons.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
OP, you fool. Now the Streisand effect is in play and Netflix will think from their data that this show is popular and greenlight more.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I liked them… I liked the idea and concept around King Gidora in it a lot. I also liked the concept of mecha Godzilla being a city.

To be fair, I'll consume all and any Godzilla content.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the second movie. The other two were kind of boring, though.

I, in general, like stories when 'heroes' turn on eachother

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the first one a fair amount but heard the others were bad.

Definitely watch Godzilla SP, just started and I love it so far.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
For a Godzilla movie, the humans are either attacking Godzilla like a very slow moving turret or the promise of fighting giant monsters is subverted in some way. Subverting expectations. Meh.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever, I thought they were good enough, I'm no Godzilla snob. 🤷 Ya'all take shit way too seriously

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm a massive Godzilla fan. I got through the first movie, about halfway through the second, and had to stop. they are SOOOOO boring!! I couldn't take it. Depressing and dull.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It's really not that serious lol. They're fine. They're pretty decent Godzilla media.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I remember is

the main character basically leaving his pregnant wife behind (not even telling her directly, but her sister instead) to commit suicide, for "reasons"? I don't know, something about blahblah "has to end with me" blahblah.

I had a fun enough time with it, but I don't particularly like the ending. It's hard for me to recommend because of it.

Last edited:

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Urobuchi dropping a much harder scifi than anyone asked for. Felt like a genuinely fresh and new take on what it means to have these incredible beasts of cosmic scale. Probably the best interpretation of Ghidorah in anything.

But yes, they're a sloooooow burn and no monster punches another monster. Incredibly hard to recommend.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I just finished watching every Godzilla movie.... I did not include these on the list because of their reputation.

Are they even good for a laugh with friends?

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
But yes, they're a sloooooow burn and no monster punches another monster.
Slow is an understatement. It literally takes 3 movies to get any sign of character development. In a character driven story...
Ideas introduced are interesting, but it just doesn't go anywhere with almost any of it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They're never going to finish this, are they? Such great battle sequences in that show, really built up the tension and had good payoff.
They're actually about to release a movie in Japan that's meant to serve as season 3

www.monstersandcritics.com

Knights of Sidonia 'Season 3' is a movie: Knights of Sidonia: Love Woven in the Stars release date in June 2021

The Knights of Sidonia movie release date is coming up soon. Manga creator Tsutomu Nihei says the manga's ending will be changed.

It seems unclear so far if it will come to Netflix but I hope so.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I watched the first in full, the second about 2/3rds the way through and I tapped out. I felt bad that I just wanted Godzilla to just mercy kill the rest of the refugees already because of how it feels like all their reward for surviving in the first place is just to feel more pain and loss.