• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 17, 2018
I understand they need to keep supporting it, and I'm glad they are, but, does Sea of Thieves really need show time in every event that Xbox throws?

I know the game had a bit of a bump earlier in the year, but, that's definitely faded.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The show will have alot of games from own studios. We will updates and gameplay from games like Bleeding Edge, Wasteland 3, Ori, Minecraft Dungeons, Flight Sim, Gears Tactics etc. Then we have big hints that AoE 4 will finally show up. And then we have a game reveal from also XGS as they hinted. Next gamepass news, xcloud stuff and maybe some surprises. So yes thats a easy the biggest Inside Xbox show by far.
If you expect this what i posted above you can not get disappointed imo and looks like a great show if you want to know more on upcoming games and services next to maybe 1 or 2 surprises.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The show will have alot of games from own studios. We will updates and gameplay from games like Bleeding Edge, Wasteland 3, Ori, Minecraft Dungeons, Flight Sim, Gears Tactics etc. Then we have big hints that AoE 4 will finally show up. And then we have a game reveal from also XGS as they hinted. Next gamepass news, xcloud stuff and maybe some surprises. So yes thats a easy the biggest Inside Xbox show by far.
If you expect this what i posted above you can not get disappointed imo and looks like a great show if you want to know more on upcoming games and services next to maybe 1 or 2 surprises.

Nothing wrong with smaller games, but the issue for some people will be that there is not a single big game on that list. It's also not great for single player folks. For me, only Ori 2 and Flight Sim interest me at all.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with smaller games, but the issue for some people will be that there is not a single big game on that list. For me, only Ori 2 and Flight Sim interest me at all.
Minecraft Dungeons will outsell alot of big games. :P
And its isnt about that. Its easy the biggest inside xbox show. Nothing crazy about that line really. Sure they like big words. But heh marketing.
But atleast 10 xgs games will be there. At one point we were happy we saw atleast one. Now we have 10.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Microsoft announces they've acquired Treasure and Cave, with Replays of both company's complete works coming next year.

Oct 24, 2019
This feels like it will be a disappointment. Can't think of a single memorable Inside Xbox, this seems like a bunch of artificially inflated hype that will be inevitably deflated

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels like it will be a disappointment. Can't think of a single memorable Inside Xbox, this seems like a bunch of artificially inflated hype that will be inevitably deflated

There have been a handful, for me at least -- like the RDR 4k BC coming out of nowhere. I think last year they announced a couple of acquisitions on Inside Xbox during X018 -- but they weren't that memorable because they were heavily rumored (well, Obsidian at least)

Still, I largely agree with you

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
If they only had the AoE4 trailer it would already be the biggest Inside Xbox episode ever. So yeah, this is going to be good.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well anything is a step up from last year which was still somewhat enjoyable. People coming in expecting site crashing news best to pop their expectations float from now or at least stick a straw in it and deflate some of that a little bit.

Live in the real world.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Not expecting much but would love to be wrong.

Either way, just showing AOE 4 gameplay will be enough for me.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, for the games announced so far, I'm the most interested in Crossfire X. Grew up playing the original and the fact that Remedy is developing this one has my attention tenfold.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
Remember there is a huge disconnect between what Microsoft thinks is big and what the hardcore gamer thinks is big
don't hype yourself just go in expecting to see updates and more gameplay of games you've seen at e3 this past year
And if you do see a new game it will be a smaller scale indie gamepass title don't think you're going to see Fable, Killer Instinct 2 or anything like that.
Far as studios I wouldn't expect anything.
you're just going to set yourself up for the fail and be mad at Microsoft for gassing you up when you told yourself Microsoft should be acquiring this or that company and you leave the show with a feeling of emptiness and come back to the Microsoft OT mad at them when it's a you problem for assuming how things should be that were never in play.

Richard Booth

Verified
Jan 4, 2018
Pretty excited for this. knee deep in the holiday season, if the announcements are solid, this could give a nice console boost. Hoping for the best, but tempering my expectation.

Oct 24, 2019
Debbie Downers, everywhere.

Based on established patterns. Xbox always tries to hype things up more than is justified, like when they used to slap "EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE" on almost every game in their E3 show to try to muddy the waters with the use of the world "exclusive," masking the fact that they barely had any true exclusives.

It tends to be all bluster and very little substance from Xbox.

Jan 9, 2018
Don't worry everyone
New Batman game will be here
Scarlett full info dump
Banjo threeie
Halo infinite open beta starting Thursday
/s

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
The best way to hype an event is to cloud it in mystery though. Not scream BIGGEST BEST EVER PLEASE WATCH. It's kind of sad. Just put out some teases and people will tune in like there's no tomorrow.

In my opinion that is also why Microsoft, even though a near infinite budget, is still miles behind Sony in the marketing department.

There is precisely zero logic in the assumption that the stream count would be significantly different if they only announced it with obscure teases.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I understand they need to keep supporting it, and I'm glad they are, but, does Sea of Thieves really need show time in every event that Xbox throws?

I know the game had a bit of a bump earlier in the year, but, that's definitely faded.

It's Microsofts biggest new IP this generation. And it's one of their biggest service games. They've got 100+ people working on it. They can't do that if they don't market their game. =P

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
its already bigger with the amount of XGS studios present vs any previous IX.

MY EXPECTATIONS ARE THROUGH THE ROOF!! fuk this "lower expectations" because your disappointment in life will translate to be my disappointment too. lolzzzzzzzz

(highly "educated" person) Hey guys - i'd lower your expectations on the chicken HERE, it isn't that good.
(people who are just there to enjoy a meal) - okaaay ..... *takes a bite of chicken* Tastes like chicken, and i like chicken. soooo, fuk off?

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
MSRP of Scarlett subsidized if GamePas Ultimate purchased at point of sale.

Details TBD for current for current subs.

You're welcome.

May 17, 2018
It's Microsofts biggest new IP this generation. And it's one of their biggest service games. They've got 100+ people working on it. They can't do that if they don't market their game. =P

I guess that's the part I'm questioning. Is it still that big? I admit this isn't exactly scientific, but, you gotta scroll awfully far down to get to it on both Twitch and Mixer. Though, to your point, more content and show appearances could rejuvenate the interest and lapsed players.

Side note, wow, it's actually doing better than Gears 5 on both streaming services right now as well. That's surprising to me.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they tone down the "YOOOO WHAT'S UP GAMER NATION Y'ALL READY FOR SOME #CONTENT" shit from the last Inside Xbox. Felt extremely "Hello, fellow kids" to me. Presenting stuff in a simple, straightforward way like Nintendo Directs do is totally fine.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I guess that's the part I'm questioning. Is it still that big? I admit this isn't exactly scientific, but, you gotta scroll awfully far down to get to it on both Twitch and Mixer. Though, to your point, more content and show appearances could rejuvenate the interest and lapsed players.

Side note, wow, it's actually doing better than Gears 5 on both streaming services right now as well. That's surprising to me.

Sea of Thieves is the 28th most watched game in the past 30 days. So, it's actually doing quite okay.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A date for Reach in MCC on XBOX ONE, and if they'd let us know Ori 2 will be coming to Switch or not.

Elden Ring would be hype!

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
I really hope they tone down the "YOOOO WHAT'S UP GAMER NATION Y'ALL READY FOR SOME #CONTENT" shit from the last Inside Xbox. Felt extremely "Hello, fellow kids" to me. Presenting stuff in a simple, straightforward way like Nintendo Directs do is totally fine.
You will be disappointed, there will be a big loud crowd and the format seems to be the same. I just hope they trim down the fluff and make it shorter. I just want to see age 4....