• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
One of my most love-hate character tropes is the spoiled brat. They're selfish, poor tempered and, depending on the story, may intend to screw over the main characters for one reason or another. The best parts, however, are when they get their comeuppance.

One person I was always satisfied to take down a notch, was Trails in the Sky's Duke Dunan.

The perfect example of why nobility sucks in general, Dunan is a lazy slob who shirks royal duties, is easily manipulated, and overall a misogynist shitbag.
Getting to beat the shit out of him in a boss battle in Chapter 4 as most of the female cast is one of the most cathartic moments in Trails FC.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Prince Faris in Dragon Quest 11. Dude is a tool who gets someone else to do his dirty work for him then reaps the rewards for himself.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I don't know if she's a brat per se, but that "nappy time" girl from Star Ocean still haunts my dreams to this. Not based on the game or anything since I haven't played it, but just that one cutscene.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Hope in Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty big offender. Dude just wouldn't get "I was trying to save her," whined for two and a half games.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Oh, the amount of gaming youtubers or twitch streamers I could put here..

Also in recent memory is this little shit, as I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 again on the Gamecube

latest

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Deacon St-Johns from Days Gone.

Fight me?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Hope in Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty big offender. Dude just wouldn't get "I was trying to save her," whined for two and a half games.

I knew this would be in here, and I never got the hate this kid who saw a loved one die horribly in front of him gets for being upset about it.

Edit: might I mention Conquest Corrin, the brattiest of brats?

Supports a literal monster in invading a peaceful country and whines the whole time about how mean the people of said country are to him, when he's invading for their own good and they just can't see it yet.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanatos in Hades, holy shit I can't stand him. He even has his own sad little music theme whenever he pops up. And Zagreus doesn't help since he calls him "Than"

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kuja, FF9. He's all like "If I'm gonna die, NOBODY ELSE GETS TO LIVE!"

It's the most bratty response possible to learning you aren't immortal.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Prince Faris in Dragon Quest 11. Dude is a tool who gets someone else to do his dirty work for him then reaps the rewards for himself.
I think Dragon Quest VIII gave us a bigger royal brat through Prince Charmles, who is similar like Faris in being a coward, but he's an ass.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

He doesnt do that anymore in the ending chapters.
He not only learns his lesson, you actually see him doing the correct thing later in the game.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Kratos from the God of War series is a pretty big brat. He kills thousands of people and wages war with the gods because of a temper tantrum.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, Cesare Borgia in Assassin Creed Brotherhood, who is about 30 but is so annoying, petulant and you want him to shut the fuck up.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I knew this would be in here, and I never got the hate this kid who saw a loved one die horribly in front of him gets for being upset about it.

Edit: might I mention Conquest Corrin, the brattiest of brats?

Supports a literal monster in invading a peaceful country and whines the whole time about how mean the people of said country are to him, when he's invading for their own good and they just can't see it yet.

Because he's a) a child b) spoiled / entitled c) precocious d) whiny. He's the definition of brat.

OP
OP
Don Fluffles

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
images

We've gotta include Rulue from Puyo Puyo.
  • The haughty rich girl rival personality in anime, already giving her a leg up
  • Madly in love with series antagonist Satan, who wants nothing to do with her -- and attacks anyone she suspects might come between them.
  • A hair trigger temper over the littlest things. Like seeing series protagonist Arle's new boots, demanding her Minotaur minion to make her a pair.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Maybe not spoiled, but the biggest brat in recent memory has to be Cuno from Disco Elysium.

He's a 'Unique' NPC to be sure.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I need to get a life.. I read it as "Biggest Breasts in Games?"

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one that comes to mind for me is Yuffie from FFVII. It's kind of her personality, though, and she's never really mean about it other than in Wutai - just childish.

More recently, and not exactly fitting this thread requirements, Atreus from God of War. You know at what point. SSM did a great job with Atreus all throughout the game.

oh daaaaaang.