• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the Big 12 and ACC going either way. SEC will probably be the last one standing.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit if only the SEC players realize the power they wield here and organized.

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're just delaying the inevitable. Teams are having trouble keeping their players safe NOW with bubbling and volunteer practice only... Even in states with low rates.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
No CFB on TV this Fall is going to feel weird as hell. So many great de-stressing Saturday's , something I always looked forward to after a work week,just gone, dang. Needed to be done of course

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I grew up in Nebraska, and I'm not shocked at all that of course Nebraska is one of the B10 schools to object to this.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No CFB on TV this Fall is going to feel weird as hell. So many great de-stressing Saturday's , something I always looked forward to after a work week,just gone, dang. Needed to be done of course

I hear you. Last year was actually the first time in over ten years that I was able to watch Gameday in the morning. Even though I loved CFB, it added a little more fun for me. Might sound silly I know. Being a midwest guy, I was really looking forward to the Wisconsin vs Notre Dame matchup.

Hopefully this country gets its act together and we see CFB next year.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a lawyer and I have no idea about the contracts within the conference but I wonder what the legal ramifications would be if say Nebraska and Ohio State try and break off, even for just one year.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I guess EDSBS closed at the perfect time

EDSBS closed last year. Fullcast is actually back.

I hear you. Last year was actually the first time in over ten years that I was able to watch Gameday in the morning. Even though I loved CFB, it added a little more fun for me. Might sound silly I know. Being a midwest guy, I was really looking forward to the Wisconsin vs Notre Dame matchup.

Hopefully this country gets its act together and we see CFB next year.

Gameday on a cool fall Saturday morning. Coffee in hand. There is really nothing finer.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
The whole state of Nebraska just got put on suicide watch

edit:

Eyy same here

My wife's family is likely taking this really hard, Frost is my wife's cousin so it's even more like religion for them than the average Nebraskan. Fortunately my father-in-law had already said he wouldn't be attending games this year, which made my wife and I happy.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I can't be too bummed about losing the football season. Field hockey, women's soccer, and Luka's and Jordan's senior seasons (potentially) are what disappoints me the most (of course, it's for that best that the seasons are "postponed.")

Edit: FUCK, this'll probably hit wrestling too, goddamnit.
Yep. Losing Luka's final season when we finally have a potential POTY and top 10 basketball team would be heartbreaking.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Our neighbors live for these fall football weekends. They are taking it hard.

That said, why postpone to spring? Is basketball and other sports not going to happen?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
My mom just sent me a text telling me how Holtz is such an enlightened and intelligent speaker.

She heard him on a Fox New podcast.

There is not enough headshaking/facepalming in the fucking world to handle this one.
He actually did a lot of motivational speaking post coaching.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Our neighbors live for these fall football weekends. They are taking it hard.

That said, why postpone to spring? Is basketball and other sports not going to happen?

I think all this talk of spring football is just wishful thinking.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
So big ten and pac 12 out ... If the SEC and ACC wanted to play how do you even start to figure that out? Are there still still bowl games? Is there still a national title when the pool of teams is so diluted? This is fascinating to watch

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jim Harbaugh seems upset but at least he isn't talking about going rogue.

Our student-athletes and coaches want to compete. They have committed, trained and prepared their entire lives for this opportunity, and I know how much they're disappointed at this time. I share in their disappointment today.
We have shown over the weeks since returning to campus that we could meet the challenge and provide our student-athletes the opportunity of a fall football season.
Our football team, our coaching staff, our support staff in Schembechler Hall have all stepped up, followed every rule, and done everything in their power magnificently to give all the opportunity to compete. I am extremely proud, thankful and appreciative of our team and how they have conducted and represented our program and university.

247sports.com

Jim Harbaugh releases statement on postponement of 2020 season

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has released a statement regarding the Big Ten's decision to postpone fall sports.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit if only the SEC players realize the power they wield here and organized.

Seriously.

I just think it's the culture around them though. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot players of LSU players bought into the garbage fed to them by their coaches, athletic director, and other people around them.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
PAC 12 just announced its decision. All fall sports postponed to at least 2021, maybe longer, depending on where we're at. Unanimous vote by all the schools.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
If anything... those that are pissed need to look at the president of the United States. We had 6-7 months to get our shit together and here we are. You want to fight greeters at the Walmart because you have to wear a mask? Well fuck your Saturday football.

Just look at the countries that are slowly getting back to normal. Biden should just show what a competent government could do for the country.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Some talking heads on TV are really going to throw a tantrum. They'll argue, like Joel Klatt already has, that the university presidents don't care about the athletes and are only doing this to avoid lawsuits. Which is true because universities should be sued if their policies get people sick or worse. But the commentators will hide the fact they that they don't care about these teenage, unpaid athletes either and what they are really concerned about is their networks revenue.

Oct 26, 2017
This will do more to get covid deniers to accept reality than anything else so far.

Take away the sports.
Then they want to shut down to get sports faster

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This will do more to get covid deniers to accept reality than anything else so far.

Take away the sports.
Then they want to shut down to get sports faster

nah, most of them will just be mad at "liberals" for making this such an issue it forced their football to be cancelled

there is literally no way to turn these people