• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

Bottom Fifteen:

50. New York
49. Arkansas
48. Delaware
47. Massachusetts
46. New Jersey
45. Washington
44. New Hampshire
43. Nevada
42. Florida
41. Rhode Island
40. California
39. Arizona
38. Connecticut
37. Alaska
36. Montana

Top Fifteen:

15. Idaho
14. Illinois
13. Nebraska
12. Louisiana
11. Ohio
10. Hawaii
9. Oklahoma
8. Kansas
7. Colorado
6. Indiana
5. Wyoming
4. Texas (Yup)
3. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
1. Minnesota

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever voted against Florida can just fuck off. Actually, everyone else can fuck off too. Alright, we definitely deserve it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I was in California I got into a screaming match with some old couple who said my son scratched their car with the door(he didn't, nothing there). So I can believe that one. Never had that happen anywhere else.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Yorkers always tell me that New York rudeness is just a popular myth or misconception.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely not Arizona that's for sure. So many assholes out here.

I definitely agree with this. Also, as an Arizonian, I definitely see my demeanor is as it is described. I'm polite and laid back, but I'm not super friendly and need a lot of personal space.

They also failed to note that we tend to be prickly as hell though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I didn't expect us New Yorkers to be that bad. I'm mean we're not great so I wasn't expecting to be in the positive end but still... Dead last? Damn.

Oct 25, 2017
thought Utah would be number 1 given all the mormons, aren't they supposed to be friendly?

Most mormons really only care about other mormons. If they're nice to you, it's because they want you to join their church. Otherwise, most of them literally see you as, at best, a corrupting force to other mormons. I married a mormon as a non-mormon. You should have seen the shitshow that followed over the next few years.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Also, we can use this article as PROOF that Californians are ruining Austin!

/s

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see the racial percentages split of the people they asked

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
After having lived in Oklahoma and Texas i think they are in the right spots. The vast majority of people I encounter are nice and polite. Especially if you are going through the smaller towns.

Then again I'm white so of course that is gonna play a part.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
South Carolina #3, isn't it like the fifth most racist state?

why are these lists always only for white people? Its like those lists of safest areas to live and it's all 99% white where I would be ostracized (best case scenario) if I ever even dared to step a foot inside the area.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
people who say "minnesota nice" is a thing don't live here lol

that said it is genuinely nicer than several others, ESPECIALLY all our neighbors (fuck wisconsin)

Oct 27, 2017
Moved from Denver to South Carolina two years ago, and I believe it. Speaking for the cities, if they find you're a tourist, it's all "welcome! What can I do for you? Want to move here? Please help us bring the state to the 21st century." It's not until you get to the boonies/Myrtle that you're gonna find assholes.

As someone mentioned above, for CO, it was more like(And me included since I was native) "welcome! Don't you dare move here!"

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
The South can be deceiving... My girlfriend is of mixed race, but she looks white. In Louisiana people would shit talk Mexicans to her at her job and not even realize she's half Mexican.

I am of course not saying everyone in the south is bad. Just that some people give the facade of being nice.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Texas is fairly polite...if you're white. Though, the website says we greet people with "Howdy!" and I have never been greeted that way in Texas once haha. I've been to really small towns in Texas too.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol wtf Arkansas. At least I have the wholly fictional and self fulfilling Seattle freeze to blame. Where is that southern hospitality at? NYC (and I assume murderous upstate NY) continues to blame magic tap water for the best sushi and pizza on earth despite Italy and Japan being real places.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew we were good people in Tennessee!

🤣 New York, I guess the stereotype is true!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Why are people in New York so pissed? Awesome city, beautiful landscapes. You guys have gotta chill out.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Texas is fairly polite...if you're white. Though, the website says we greet people with "Howdy!" and I have never been greeted that way in Texas once haha. I've been to really small towns in Texas too.

Yeah, I have no clue where "Howdy" came from, I've never heard it here.

I also both agree and disagree with your first point, I think it largely depends on where you're at in the state. Houston is the most diverse city in the US, it's absolutely fine with non-white people. Somewhere like Vidor is going to be a different story.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Yeah, I have no clue where "Howdy" came from, I've never heard it here.

I also both agree and disagree with your first point, I think it largely depends on where you're at in the state. Houston is the most diverse city in the US, it's absolutely fine with non-white people. Somewhere like Vidor is going to be a different story.

I meant Texas as a whole. Houston, Dallas, Austin (sorta kinda) and San Antonio are fine for non-white people. But the rest of the state, largely, isn't.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As a Masshole I am quite bitter that we only come in 47th, who the hell do Arkansas and Delaware think they are. 50 should be a bitter fight between my people and New Yorkers, I accept no less than 49, as I said Masshole and fucking proud of it.

Oct 25, 2017
NY's Review
"Locals might seem a bit gruff at first (even upstate!), but it's a melting pot of many cultures and the neighbourhoods in each borough of NYC have a community feel if you manage to stick it out for long enough. Just don't dawdle on the sidewalk or hold up traffic taking Instagram shots… "

Are they trying to say it's a bad thing we get pissed off you walking slow on the sidewalk while also blocking the whole damn thing and taking fucking Instagram shots in the middle of a walking space? I'll take a rude state any day over accepting either those two things as acceptable.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
South nice: fake as shit, grinning through their teeth
Midwest nice: For real, ya'll