• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
abc7.com

Multi-vehicle crash involving big rig carrying lettuce shuts down southbound 5 Freeway in Castaic

A multi-vehicle crash involving a big rig Monday morning prompted the closure of all southbound lanes of the 5 Freeway in Castaic.

8952550_@CaltransDistrict7_TWITTER.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Lettuce wait for more info about this story.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I've been stuck in an absolute gridlock situation where a semi jacknifed under an overpass bridge, only time in my life I've seen people get out and walk on the freeway itself because we were stuck for a few hours as they got it unjammed.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That's a pretty shitty place for it to happen too. I take that route usually several times a year and there really isn't much in terms of easy traffic diversions at that point.

I remember a couple years back going through that area (near Castaic) and being snowed in right at the last entrance, and needing to go through at like 25 mph with several CHP spotter vehicles keeping the order

I'm glad there were no injuries reported though

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty shitty place for it to happen too. I take that route usually several times a year and there really isn't much in terms of easy traffic diversions at that point.

I remember a couple years back going through that area (near Castaic) and being snowed in right at the last entrance, and needing to go through at like 25 mph with several CHP spotter vehicles keeping the order

Yeah I've driven through there during Christmas when it snows and it's all fucked up. Pretty miserable.

Oct 25, 2017

yeah getting stuck on the grapevine when it closes SUCKS.

Oct 29, 2017
Those cars that hit the roof of that Semi looked scary. A lot of people in this state drive interstate 5 and around produce trucks. I would be traumatized to no ends if this happened to me.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Let us all refrain from reaching for the low hanging fruit and remain whole in our resolve to not roll along with what the other green posters choose to leave as their posts in this deliciously tempting though overly ripe thread.