• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how bulky mine feels when it has a protector on, so it is naked most of the time unless I go running or something

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Every phone I buy is completely naked during the entire time I use it. It's so freeing. I got the iPhone 11 Pro Max and it's still as naked as the day I opened the box. No case. No screen protector. Just touching that thing raw.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have AppleCare or anything? This feels distinctly not worth risking $400+ on a daily basis for a better feeling phone haha.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only use a thin case to protective from scratches since I tend to sell my old phone when I get a new one. I hate big ass protective cases. Screen protectors too. Hate how they feel.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
yeah theres no way i would leave the house and trust my clumsy ass with a $1000 piece of brittle glass and metal. At least get a slim case!

61ZrqHPz1YL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's already almost impossible for me to hit the "a" key on my phone using my right hand without stretching and I don't even have a massive phone. The prospect of getting an even bigger one sounds like hell.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I've never used a case and I've never had a screen crack or shatter on me. I've had a few drops, but apparently I'm lucky.

Cases feel awful, I'd hate using the phone if mine had one. I'd rather just pay for a new screen in a theoretical situation where it breaks than spend untold hours dealing with a thick rubber case taking up pocket and hand space.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
For years I was a small phone with a case kind of guy. iPhone + official leather case.

Now that I use my phone for basically everything (including watching TV on the train) I decided to upgrade my iPhone X to an 11 Pro Max and - to keep it at a decent size - try forgoing a case.

WOW. This is how phones were meant to be handled, just a thin, smooth glass device that is basically the same size as my old phone with it's case.

I don't think I could have done this as a younger man, but now that I'm not getting drunk and dropping my phone this is 100% the way to live life.

apple-event-091019-iphone-11-pro-8774.jpg

Who is with me? Come drive without seatbelts in this naked phone future!
I thought you were about to say you were upgraded your iphone SE to an X. X isn't exactly a small phone

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Using my S10+ with no screen protector and just a d brand skin on the back glass

I know I'm living dangerously.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've broken my phones.
Even my Note 10+, which is like 3 months old.

I still will not get a case.
I'm getting insurance next time though.

Sep 14, 2019
Amen, I have an iPhone 8 but haven't used a case for a while and it's bliss. I know the screen will crack at some point from a drop (I've had a few) but I'll eat a screen replacement price for this freedom.

I thought the same way until I used up both of my iPhone screen repairs within one month.

I use a very slim case now.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
still too slippery....even without being durnk i regularly drop my iphone. though going ahead, i think i will opt for caseless. i wish they made them brushed aluminum rather than this sleek material.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I've had the iPhone 4, 6, 7 plus and now a Google Pixel 3a all without cases! Like the look of a caseless phone and to me, if the phone absolutely requires a case, then it is a device I do not want. They should be made to withstand any sort of drop or small impact.

I've dropped the 7 Plus in particular many times and the worst it ever got in terms of damage was some slight paint loss on the top and side of the phone. No case needed!
That's just pure luck. Like dropping a glass from 4 feet and it doesnt break but then it drops a few inches and shatters because it hit just the right angle.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
I keep my Note10+ wrapped in a Spigen Liquid Air Armor case. Even if you got a big beautiful device going without protection is risky.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
Been rocking a Note 5 with no case or screen protector since it launched. I wouldn't have it any other way. Had a few drops along the way, but no damage.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I always use a naked phone. I don't treat my phone like a children's toy

Such a shitty condescending post. Nobody is just throwing their phone around all it takes is a stumble, a slippery hand, someone bumping you, etc and it absolutely can fall. Given its glass it only takes one fall and it's done.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer no case on my phone's. However I recently upgraded to a LG G8 and trying to hold it naked is like grabbing onto a wet bar of soap in the shower.

The phone wouldn't have survived 24 hours without a case.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I never use cases. The glass on the back of my phone is cracked but not because it fell from my hand. It slipped from my workout shorts that have shallow pockets and a slick material as I was sitting down. The only drop in the years I've had this current phone.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Used my Pixel for a while like that, then I got a big dog and using the phone became way more dangerous with him in the park so I got a case. But yeah, we pay a huge premium for the desing and materials, using a case, adding weight and size, hiding the phone seems weird.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I've never used a case or screen protector on any phone I've ever owned. I've had a series of iPhones, going back to 2009. I don't care too much about my phones picking up minor cosmetic wear & tear, and I've never had any serious damage (cracked screen, etc.). I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but until I get burned at least once, I'll continue to enjoy the thinnest and lightest version of my phones.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Such a shitty condescending post. Nobody is just throwing their phone around all it takes is a stumble, a slippery hand, someone bumping you, etc and it absolutely can fall. Given its glass it only takes one fall and it's done.
Yeah, I'm so clumsy people occasionally think I'm drunk when I'm just tired. Also, without a case it just keeps slipping out of my pocket whenever I sit down so case it is

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have an UBER Visa or a Wells Fargo Credit Card that you use to pay your phone bill, your phone is automatically insured for $600 in damages -- with only a $25 deductible.

With that in mind, my next phone is definitely going naked. Screen repairs are relatively cheap, and even if the phone is totalled your out-of-pocket expenses are only going to be about $100 (assuming you don't spend more than $700 on your next cell phone).

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
i have an xs and put it in a case day 1. i also have a popsocket. I cant afford to replace the phone if it gets cracked so it gets a case no question. The popsocket is a godsend when im in a rush and have the phone in my hand. it keeps it from slipping out of my fingers. also it makes for a nice stand!.

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird they make phones out of these expensive "fragile" materials so everyone just wraps their phone in cheap silicone to "protect" their 2 year disposable glass device.

they should just make all phones out of rubber/silicone backs and cut out the middlemen :D

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I've stopped using screen protectors, but I still use a case. Always the thinnest I can find, that is also see through. The few days I had my Pixel 4 XL without any protection was nice though.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Never. Last week I dropped my phone onto concrete from 5 feet. My case saved my phone from scratches(best case scenario) and a cracked screen.

Case4Lyfe

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Currently using an iPhone X with no case and everytime I put this thing down on a slightly off level surface it slowly slides. So damn annoying. So many times in a week I've placed it on the arm of my couch and walk away only to hear it slam to the ground a minute later.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way in hell is my i phone 11 pro max leaving its case. Except to take it out every now and then (over a soft surface) and imagine what its like not in my black leather case. I got the silver.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
They are not. Every single device will get micro scratches and potentially actual deep scratches no matter how careful you are as long as it's ever in your pocket.

I've never used one and never had any scratches. Now I'm much more open to a screen protector if you're wanting to guard against scratches.

What I feel is a waste of money are the tempered glass ones.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I make my money in an industrial setting. Lotta pipes and equipment to crawl around on. Lotta tools hanging on my sides. I gotta has me some armor. Sexy as my blue note 9 is I aint gonna see it busted. That things low light camera and ability to film high speed objects lets me check diode wheels, turbine stuff and see into confined spaces without breaking the plane to check for hazards. Too valuable to my day to day.