• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which would you prefer?

• Hour long videos in June?

Votes: 141 80.1%
  • Random announcement drops between now & June?

Votes: 35 19.9%

• Total voters

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Now we know E3 as we know it isn't happening and they're trying to push out an online thing (not sure why anyone would piggy back on that except indie Devs) how would you like the announcements to be handled now?

I was happy we could get a lot more info sooner than June at first, but thinking about it E3 was a 3 day sleep-all-day, binge-drink-and-eat-all-night time of fun for me here in the UK, and I am going to miss that. So now I'm leaning towards a schedule of conferences as per usual (as long as it's time I can book off work).

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
a bunch of Direct type conferences all at the same exact time for the exact same length.
A madness of people alt+tabbing through the different ones ensues

But really, all the trailers spread between the original E3 dates would be good

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Getting a single announcement for any random piece of media no matter how massive the individual piece of media is is always worse than a direct style format with tons of announcements.

In fact I would say my excitement is basically non-existent for singular announcements even if it is a game I'm really wanting or interested in.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to watch a marathon of stuff with a bunch of people online watching it with me at the same time.

Like with Capcom's stupid drop feed of info on DMC3 port changes, I would've been more excited for it being part of one dump than a drip over three weeks.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
hour long streams for me.

i think the theory that announcing games separately months before e3 getting them more attention may not be accurate.

looking back, the announcements i remember the most were the ones that were part of big e3 conferences, not separate single-game ones.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
300% directs

to know exactly when it will happen allows me to hype accordingly and work better in the meantime =P

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see I'm not alone, can definitely see more news than expected reaching us before June now though. Especially for smaller games to get more attention.

I am desperate for news on Batman and Tony Hawks though.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I want long direct-style presentations just because staggered announcements means no restreaming with hilarious commentary.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
L'il bit of both

Things like Warner's Batman game should be revealed ASAP, everyone and their grandma knows it's coming so why not take advantage of the quiet moments leading up to June?

But also I think in a lot of cases it behooves the publishers to go all-in at once. For example, I would never watch an Outriders specific stream, but if you're gonna sandwich it in between Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts? You've got my attention.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Both. A 90 minute big boy presentation once per year surround by three or four smaller Direct style streams.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
It would be great to have a few longer streams or videos around the usual E3 Weekend. That would be a E3 as usual for most of the ppl around the world, just without the live audience