• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 22, 2017
Joe Biden has warned President Donald Trump that he'll face the full force of the law if he fails to get re-elected in November. The Democratic presidential hopeful took questions in a virtual town-hall event on MSNBC on Thursday night. Biden was asked by a voter if he could rule out following the example of Gerald Ford, who pardoned Richard Nixon to help the nation heal following the Watergate scandal. Biden didn't speak to any specific potential charge against Trump, but committed to ensuring that any prosecutorial decisions would be dictated by the law—and not him. "Absolutely, yes, I commit," said Biden. "It's hands-off completely. Look, the attorney general of the United States is not the president's lawyer, it's the people's lawyer.... It's not something the president is entitled to do, to direct either a prosecution or decide to drop a case. That is not the president's role or responsibility and it's a dereliction of his duty."
www.thedailybeast.com

Biden: There’s No Way in Hell I’d Ever Pardon Trump as President

Asked if he could rule out pardoning Trump, Biden replied: “Absolutely, yes, I commit.”
Surprised this even needs to be said, but I have seen people even here claim he would.

Pardon me, if old

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Presidents should be held to higher standards than anyone else, and thus should face even stricter punishment for crimes.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Good shit. Can't wait for AG Kamala Harris to have the DOJ officially charge Trump with whatever their investigation finds.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Well, that's certainly the right thing to say... here's hoping for the follow through.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Trump kinda broke the mold here. If he wasn't as acerbic I'm sure he would be pardoned. But he wants to keep it real with his dumb Twitter rants and conspiracy theories. He's the ultimate bridge burner.

Last edited:

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 week): inflammatory comparisons
really good rallying cry for blue maga.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit, the cynic in me is INCREDIBLY surprised in a pleasant way, since I assumed it was a done deal he'd "Let the nation heal" and just leave Trump alone.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
So we're gonna hear Biden pull a Trump and say he'll put him in Jail at one of the debates?
Surprised honestly, by holding him accountable the division of this country will continue as partisanship will definitely be hardened. Conservatives will definitely claim it's political when its not. It's justice being served.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did this really need to be said? No Democrat on this earth would pardon Trump. It would be political suicide.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
He just needs to find a really solid AG, then clearly and publicly give them independence (which they're supposed to have anyway). The Trumpers will throw a fit and claim they're working together anyway, but who cares.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the pictures of Biden and all the former presidents being chummy with one another, with one glaring exception

Oct 25, 2017
Smart move.
Remember the precedent from before. Ford pardoned Nixon for the Watergate cover-up, and it utterly destroyed him in the 1976 election.
Obama chose not to pursue charges against the Bush administration, and it allowed the GOP to further evolve into the mutant it is today.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
History of how American presidents were treated after election
I'm going to call out one word
Bull shit

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He just needs to find a really solid AG, then clearly and publicly give them independence (which they're supposed to have anyway). The Trumpers will throw a fit and claim they're working together anyway, but who cares.

I'm not a big fan of his vote on the Patriot Act amendment the other day, but let's say Doug Jones doesn't pull it out in Alabama - What if he were Attorney General? That dude is an excellent prosecutor.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Good.

Though I doubt Trump will ever see the inside of a cell I'm glad that Biden will not interfere.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So we're gonna hear Biden pull a Trump and say he'll put him in Jail at one of the debates?
Surprised honestly, by holding him accountable the division of this country will continue as partisanship will definitely be hardened. Conservatives will definitely claim it's political when its not. It's justice being served.

Even if they don't try and hold trump accountable, as long as he isn't in jail, he would never stop sowing the division of the United States. Trump either ends up in jail and not allowed any form of internet, which requires Biden to win the election, or he spends the rest of his life stoking hatred and dividing America.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Did this really need to be said? No Democrat on this earth would pardon Trump. It would be political suicide.

Good number of people on this site legit think that Biden would be so all-in on a "unity" message that he'd pardon Trump as a reach-out.

So yeah, good to hear it out loud. Let him burn on his own crosses.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Trump destroyed decorum and the GOP didn't hold him accountable.

The pearl clutching is going to be glorious if Biden gets the seat and presses hard into investigating Trump.

Deleted member 19293

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if they don't try and hold trump accountable, as long as he isn't in jail, he would never stop sowing the division of the United States. Trump either ends up in jail and not allowed any form of internet, which requires Biden to win the election, or he spends the rest of his life stoking hatred and dividing America.

Any charges that show up against Trump, his dumb-ass base is going to say they're made up. Even if they have footage of him doing it, even if he comes out and SAYS he did it, they'll say the charges are made up. So I'm not particularly inclined to care what conservatives have to say about anything. Nuclear option is the only correct response to this.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The Dems were never going to get republican support. However, prosecuting trump might loose support from moderates and independents. I would say let the state of N.Y. investigate and prosecute him. This way the WH steers clear of any controversy and, if he's convicted of anything, future republican presidents can go back and pardon him since it's a state conviction.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
That would be the best case scenario is New York gets to have Trump all to themselves

Wouldnt need to get the federal government mired in the muck

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Not sure why anyone thought this wouldn't be the case, Biden fucking hates Trump (the idea behind his campaign being that Republicans as a whole are not corrupt - which isn't really true - but that Trump is a specific aberration that needs to be dealt with) and any precedent of presidents pardoning their predecessors come from situations where it's their same-party VP doing it.

Trump kinda broke the mold here. If he wasn't as acerbic I'm sure he would be pardoned. But he wants to keep it real with his dumb Twitter rants and conspiracy theories. He's the ultimate bridge burner.
This is also true. To the extent that "the current president doesn't complain about previous presidents" was actually a rule, Trump has flagrantly defied it since day one. He's trying to make Obamagate a thing ffs. He's opening every door for the next Democratic AG to go to town on him and his cronies.

I'd hope not, but Obama also kind of said this about Bush and Cheney at first.
Okay but like, Bush and Cheney weren't charged for anything. Obama didn't pardon them.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If dems take over, they need to go to town investigating and nailing to the wall every piece of shit Republican that has been doing illegal shit the last few years.

Unfortunately, they are going to have to deal with a global pandemic, so I'm afraid this shit, even Trump, falls to the wayside.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why anyone thought this wouldn't be the case, Biden fucking hates Trump (the idea behind his campaign being that Republicans as a whole are not corrupt - which isn't really true - but that Trump is a specific aberration that needs to be dealt with) and any precedent of presidents pardoning their predecessors come from situations where it's their same-party VP doing it.

This is also true. To the extent that "the current president doesn't complain about previous presidents" was actually a rule, Trump has flagrantly defied it since day one. He's trying to make Obamagate a thing ffs. He's opening every door for the next Democratic AG to go to town on him and his cronies.

Okay but like, Bush and Cheney weren't charged for anything. Obama didn't pardon them.
He's hilariously stupid in this regard.

Deleted member 19293

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If dems take over, they need to go to town investigating and nailing to the wall every piece of shit Republican that has been doing illegal shit the last few years.

Unfortunately, they are going to have to deal with a global pandemic, so I'm afraid this shit, even Trump, falls to the wayside.

Don't forget the economy. Democrats gotta show up and fix the shit AGAIN.

Deleted member 19293

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NY State will go after Trump if a Biden DoJ won't.

Personally since Trump was going after his son and falsely implicate him in the Ukraine stuff I really doubt Biden won't go after Trump.

He's just smart enough not to say it.
That's where I'm at. Biden is not my favorite candidate I'll ever vote for. I wanna be clear about that. But Donald Trump has done some real stupid shit with how he's gone after Joe Biden's family. Like, he made a real, genuine enemy where he really did not need to make one. Joe Biden is not going to intentionally rile up Trump's base by saying "I plan to put in prosecutors and federal judges who are going to push Trump's shit in from literally day one of my presidency. Buckle up, bitches.", but I'm pretty sure you can't fuck with Biden the way Trump has and expect literally nothing in the way of retaliation from him.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
NY State will go after Trump if a Biden DoJ won't.

Personally since Trump was going after his son and falsely implicate him in the Ukraine stuff I really doubt Biden won't go after Trump.

He's just smart enough not to say it.
Has Trump been actively trying to protect himself from State prosecution? Haven't seen anything about it lately. I'm not sure how he could pull it off, but I'm sure there's some kind of cobbled-together corrupt plan underway.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle