• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario

Lindy Li is the Biden campaign's director of Asian-American outreach as well as a delegate. Hopefully this is not the kind of rhetoric we can expect to see from other surrogates or the campaign as a whole.

This the same day that Biden delegate and NH rep Ricard Komi was forced to resign over some truly heinous comments about sexual assault in order to discredit Tara Reade.
www.unionleader.com

Manchester Democrat resigns House seat after tweet about Biden accuser

A state representative has resigned over a statement made on Twitter about the woman accusing former Vice President Joe Biden of sexual assault.

The Biden campaign will have to start making moves to disavow this kind of messaging if they don't want to give the impression that they are officially allowing things to play out but allowing their surrogates to do the dirty work of attacking Tara Reade's credibility.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Robinson definitely hurt Reade more than helped, but calling for this kind of investigation is just dumb. She has a lot of anti-Reade tweets, but at the same time it's no surprise that Biden surrogates and delegates would defend him.

"Tara or whatever your actual name is"

Ehhhhh

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Lindy Li is a grade A cunt, but in fairness to Joe, she got fired ages ago. She's not on the Biden campaign anymore.

SOURCE: I know Lindy Li personally.

OP
OP
Equippedwithtowel
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Lindy Li is a grade A cunt, but in fairness to Joe, she got fired ages ago. She's not on the Biden campaign anymore.

SOURCE: I know Lindy Li personally.
Hmm, i'm inclined to believe you but all i found on google is that she left the Pennsylvania young democrats in February.
She was doing media appearances pretty recently

If she's not affiliated with Biden, why is the OP calling her a surrogate?
she was one as of fairly recently and there in a few minutes of searching i couldn't' find news to the contrary

the reason we know otherwise is because of someone who knows them.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, i'm inclined to believe you but all i found on google is that she left the Pennsylvania young democrats in Febuary.
yes, she was doing more media appearances for more scandals she created but as a "delegate" which is meaningless. Delegates are not surrogates and don't speak for the campaign

She should be removed as a Delegate if she wasn't already for the last 5 events. She hasn't even committed to voting for Biden

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
That surrogate was completely out of line and hopefully the Biden campaign disowns is.

I don't necessarily hold surrogates as representative of the candidate (God knows I have major issues with some Bernie surrogates) but campaigns are responsible for calling out bad behavior by surrogates when it happens.

OP
OP
Equippedwithtowel
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
yes, she was doing more media appearances for more scandals she created but as a "delegate" which is meaningless. Delegates are not surrogates and don't speak for the campaign
media appearances identified as representing the Biden campaign

it seems like she was asked to resign from the Penselvania Young democractic leadership and has been taken off public facing duties but is on the campaign payroll as of a few weeks ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Li retweeted this during the LAST blowup over her as surrogate, stating she's a delegate not a surrogate:

There's also this tweet thread around the same time mentioning she was fired, then nobody actually checking with the Biden campaign and just saying that other places were still calling her a surrogate:

The Vanity Fair article about it also refers to having 'helped lead' the Asian American outreach, past tense, and not as director.

It is incredible to me how recent this was, because I remember the last argument then over whether or not she was a surrogate like something from ancient times.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
media appearances identified as representing the Biden campaign

it seems like she was asked to resign from public facing duties but is on the campaign payroll as of a few weeks ago.
source? we talked about those appearances at the time too -- she is well known here. she continued to be a self-described (twitter bio 🙄) representative of her campaign and did some appearances on fringe media

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Believe all women but also if you report on it we're gonna get the FBI to investigate you so be careful but it's ok because we're not the bad guys.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
First, not sure why the FBI would be involved in this at all. That is weird to call for. In this country, unethical behavior from the media is regulated by others in the media and public opinion. We don't call in the Feds to lock up journalists!

Now: I don't think you can protect #metoo-which is Biden's repeated refrain yesterday across multiple statements-without also expecting that the media investigate behavior from actors if they believe that there's an attempt to weaponize the good will behind the movement. Those three have a lot of questions floating around them in that regard and I'd certainly like to see institutional media outlets follow up and ask some questions.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this person used to work for Biden, until she got fired and thus is now just some random twitter person

OP
OP
Equippedwithtowel
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
source? we talked about those appearances at the time too -- she is well known here. she continued to be a self-described (twitter bio 🙄) representative of her campaign and did some appearances on fringe media
I doesn't seem like she's well known here. If multiple press reports and wikipedia list her as a paid surrogate then the bigger story is how she keeps getting away with it.

I'm open to a title change or lock but it seems like theres something to talk about here.

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, talk about a hyper aggressive response.

OT: So she's not a surrogate and was fired already? So she's just a random angry twitter user now?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doesn't seem like she's well known here. If multiple press reports and wikipedia list her as a paid surrogate then the bigger story is how she keeps getting away with in.

I'm open to a title change or lock but it seems like theres something to talk about here.
She's that crazy lady that was on that news show, getting interviewed who said that she would never vote for Bernie, I remember because somebody made a thread on it.

people kept saying, vote blue no matter what as making fun of it.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I doubt she was ever associated with the Biden campaign. She's a psychotic grifter who has been generous in the past with giving herself "jobs" and "job descriptions."

The best default position is to assume she's just lying

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, i'm inclined to believe you but all i found on google is that she left the Pennsylvania young democrats in February.

she was one as of fairly recently and there in a few minutes of searching i couldn't' find news to the contrary

the reason we know otherwise is because of someone who knows them.
Should probably change the title.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's this ghoul. I remember that despite her support for Biden, she openly said she would support Donald Trump if Bernie Sanders won the nomination.

Also, she markets herself as affiliated with Biden. I don't believe she is one.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Investigate journalists? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. If you think there is no merit to the story then file a libel lawsuit or defamation of character lawsuit, but good luck trying to prove the story is malicious or not newsworthy. Any campaign that tries to criminalize journalists should be called out, especially considering the fascist in chief's war against the media. Like, you are supposed to be the campaign of reason ffs.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fuck are surrogates and delegates?

surrogates are people the campaign sends out to represent them on TV and spread their talking points. They're mostly elected officials who have endorsed the candidate. Delegates are the people elected to attend the convention and vote for a candidate. They don't have any direct ties to the campaign, they're just people who agreed to fill that role

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW I'm assuming this is rising to prominence because Reade herself retweeted Robinson tweeting about it, bringing the initial tweet from Li into a much wider view.

I doesn't seem like she's well known here. If multiple press reports and wikipedia list her as a paid surrogate then the bigger story is how she keeps getting away with it.
Wikipedia appears to be an IP user changing the past tense to present tense in Mid-March without, from what I can see, any actual explanation. No sourcing either, although it's possible I'm missing something since I don't check wiki edit history that much.

Given that this was after the last uproar about her died down, it's not a huge shock that it would persist in the background until the next time people actually paid attention to her en masse, which is now.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

She has the Vanity Fair story as the pinned tweet on her page OP. Shouldn't be any confusion.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't appear that this individual is an actual surrogate of the campaign, so we're locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.