• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
The curtains aren't Trump's, they were Clinton's.

For more info on the decorations, including listing of all portraits and busts:

Oct 29, 2017
What time is the press event? Know what I'm excited about most? Having researched this shit for 4 years learning how the presidency works, I now know what to work with and ask for as a citizen. There's a small slice of hope that others will want to be just as engaged with the government as well.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Dude gettin' straight to work. I love it. Also it looks like the only comment he made on Trump's letter was that it was "very generous," so let's assume someone else wrote it.

Nov 18, 2020
Years of damage reversed in one day. It's pretty incredible to watch, especially now that they're gearing up for real legislation that can actually be passed since we have a trifecta in Congress.

We got through the inauguration without incident, Biden successfully took the reins, and the real work is starting. Today is a good day.

I think I'm going to officially back off from the news cycle now that we're in a place of relative stability for the first time in four years. It will be wonderful to go to bed and not worry about what hellstorm awaits me in the morning.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"President Donald Trump's light gold drapes have been replaced with a different, darker shade of gold that hung in President Bill Clinton's Oval Office."

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About that. Trump stopped Harriet Tubman from being in the $20. Is there an executive order for Biden to sign that?
Doesn't need to. Basically the Treasury Secretary just railroaded it until 2028 the earliest. New Treasury Secretary could get it back on track. Probably still take a year or two until they would be in circulation

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
He did. Until October. I'm just hoping they can eliminate the student loans all together.

Also hope Biden gets someone to choose new curtains for his administration.
Until October? Gotdamn.

Really hope he does the 20k+ cancellation. That would just about completely wipe out all my federal debt (still would owe around 30k in private loans, but that's still 20k I can actually put towards something I really want, like a house)

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Until October? Gotdamn.

Really hope he does the 20k+ cancellation. That would just about completely wipe out all my federal debt (still would owe around 30k in private loans, but that's still 20k I can actually put towards something I really want, like a house)

I didn't take any private loans, but have about 30,000 in federal. So I would love this too. Schumer apparently wants to wipe out $50,000.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Years of damage reversed in one day. It's pretty incredible to watch, especially now that they're gearing up for real legislation that can actually be passed since we have a trifecta in Congress.

We got through the inauguration without incident, Biden successfully took the reins, and the real work is starting. Today is a good day.

I think I'm going to officially back off from the news cycle now that we're in a place of relative stability for the first time in four years. It will be wonderful to go to bed and not worry about what hellstorm awaits me in the morning.

I definitely agree. We have a real president in office again!

Plus I'm sure that there's more EO's that Biden has to undo of Trump's. It's certainly good to see this happening.

Until October? Gotdamn.

I didn't take any private loans, but have about 30,000 in federal. So I would love this too. Schumer apparently wants to wipe out $50,000.

I wished that private loans & cancellation of debt would've applied for loan forgiveness, too.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Until October? Gotdamn.

I paid off $10k literally like two days before the extension was put in place last March. If a law is put in place to forgive up to $10k, I wonder if there will be something for those of us who falls in that timeline.

if I knew payments would be halted for 18 months with a chance of forgiveness! Man

I hope it goes through for everyone else at least

TopherDL

Oct 25, 2017
There's still a lot of work to do. And I'm sure we'll have to continue to push this admin to make the bold choices necessary to bring about lasting change. But I won't deny all of this feels like a weight being lifted.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Oh yeah, what about all of those stacked bills that the House had passed while they were sitting on McConnell's desk? I hope that those go through, too.

And get rid of Trump's postmaster general, Louis DeJoy while you're at it.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
It's going to take me a while to adjust to reading the words "White House" without imagining the worst. I remember how huge of a heel turn it felt after 2016 whenever those words were uttered or written.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Joe sweeping away all of Trumps executive orders like:

b2r20N.gif

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
All cool and all, but there's a lot more he could've and should've done today and can still tomorrow.

Prospect has had a series up for a while now on the day one agenda Biden can achieve if he wanted to: https://prospect.org/day-one-agenda

Taking the beginning and conclusion from their review of the day 1 agenda actually done:
prospect.org

Biden’s Actual Day One Agenda

The executive actions the incoming president plans to take over the next several days are a bit underweight.
A year and a half ago, the Prospect started thinking about a Day One Agenda for an incoming Democratic president—and now, day one is here. Starting at noon on Wednesday, there's nothing standing in the way of tangible material benefits for millions of Americans except the will of the president to take action on his own authority.
[...]
It's good that Biden has decided to take steps early on using his own authority. But let's be clear, every president lines up some executive orders and memoranda at the top of their terms in office, to create the impression of momentum and make a clear break with the past. The fact of a Day One Agenda is not very surprising. The content of it that we know about so far strikes me as just about the bare minimum that Biden could do to make progress. And it leaves him with a lot of work to be done under his own power.

I don't want to over-analyze the first two weeks of a presidency that's just beginning, although, of course, that's my job. A lot of these Day One actions require having a team in place to do the work at the cabinet agencies, and only a handful of Biden's picks have even gotten so much as a Senate committee hearing, let alone confirmation. Other such actions may be able to be started on day one but take many months, if not years, to go through administrative procedures and the inevitable legal challenges. Leadership that's somewhat less than bold on day one doesn't mean the end of the Day One Agenda.

But our monitoring of the Day One Agenda doesn't end on day one, either. We will continue to scrutinize the Biden administration's efforts to use executive authority because it's critical to having a successful presidency. People want and need their government to act in their interests, and the way that government builds people's trust is to deliver on that promise. Laws passed over 230 years give Biden the ability to take action right now. And we have a list of what those key actions can be. Whether it's day one, one hundred, or one thousand, we'll be watching.

I agree with the article that it's bare minimum, and also agree that day 1 agenda doesn't end day 1 and that there's still some moving parts around for a lot of the wishlist. But it's never out of bounds to demand more - in fact that's the bare minimum we not in power need to have. All of these politicians are our public servants

So it's good to remind Biden of his obligations and the power that he possesses to single-handedly massively improve the lives of every American without needing bad faith actors like Republicans wasting our time like every other time.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Until October? Gotdamn.

I think the logic behind the freeze until october is that it will give congress time to get a more widely targeted college bill which includes forgiveness.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm not stoked about the eviction moratorium only being extended to March. I hope there is more relief and more protections coming. Too many people are losing their homes as it is.

Well it says "until atleast" so maybe it's subject to change. Also, maybe Congress will get something going so his administration felt they don't need to go as far?

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Does anyone have a good link to read the content of his order related to climate change?

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
The most beautiful thing to me is that Biden is retconning all Trump stood for and Trump

can't

Tweet about it.