• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Out of curiosity, why have these two assassinations been getting so much discussion lately? I understand their relevance, but I only recently learned about the timing of RFK's assassination, and this is probably the fourth time in a week I've heard about it (each time from a different source). I'm not complaining, mind you. I just think it's odd that I hadn't heard about this sooner and that I'm suddenly hearing a lot of discussion about it.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
How many of us were actually alive when these assassinations happened? Is it possible Biden is actually right?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20190820-220123_Instagram.jpg

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man that's crazy. I thought him being good friends with white supremacists would've ended his campaign, but not getting a decade wrong.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we at outrage levels similar to when Clinton was found out to have hot sauce in her purse.
Well I think the concern there was that she was pandering to black people in a pretty embarrassing way. But then it turned out to be an actual thing with her and frankly that's not normal.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im chuckling that some poster here was asking people if they were doctors for saying Biden wasn't mentally fit to be president when we have him say something out of reality like this almost everyday now and his team wants him to roll back his public appearances. Dude is losing it.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
I hope this "electability" nonsense goes away...

People should support candidates based on the strength of their positions, not by if they can win the general. Honestly I'm sure if more people knew about Bernie or Warren, they'd have no trouble running over Joe.

It's also so weird that we're going in the exact same direction that resulted in us getting Trump in the first place.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, contra the suggestion of some posters before me in this thread, put a mic in front of me 24/7 I'll probably say some dumb shit or misremembered shit but I tell you what I can fuckin' guarantee you I will say smarter shit than Biden here

But you aren't running for president of the united states.

Its not 247. No one is forcing him to speak. That excuse doesnt even make sense.

Think about it. Its a constant stream...

His privlege is showing. No need to course correct. Button my shit up. I never had to in my life!!

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
and we expect this man to get better? Dude has not aged well at all. Bernie is old too, but his mind is still working amazingly. Biden though, holy shit, he flubs every time he speaks.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
He's been gaffe-ing for decades, age doesn't explain this.
Oh, well that makes it even worse. I haven't seen much of Biden, even in the Obama days, so I'm just now getting a taste of what he offers. In no world should this man be seen as the most electable for the Democrats, at least based on from what little I've seen of him. I would have no confidence in him beating Trump.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
They are but it's just yet another scandal/gaffe that could be avoided with pretty much any other dem frontrunner than him. Most electable my ass

I mean part of the reason I think anyone's even feeling the need to ask him about this stuff is that his words and record around segregation and civil rights are completely disgusting garbage, especially by today's standards

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this will be 2016 all over again, democrats and americans repeating the same mistakes again and again and again

Jul 18, 2018
We are done for if he becomes the main Democratic candidate. Say he gets elected, i can't see how he will even change the country in 4 years, would make the Republican party even stronger for when he finishes his term. Nightmare scenario all around

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
This is a "bitch eating Crackers" moment. Just a genuinely stupid thing to criticize when there's actual policy and political record to go over.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Ok, Barack Obama said he had visited 57 states.

Saying '70s when he obviously meant '60s is pretty damn low on the totem pole of reasons not to vote for Joe Biden, of which there are plenty.
Centrists don't seem to care about his atrocious voting record, so we have to point out that Biden is sundowning at the same rate as Trump.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
RFK's assassination never fails to make me sad. He was like an even better JFK and from what I've read, he had the chops to be one of our greatest presidents of all time. I can't imagine the way the US would have gone if he had become president.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
He was off by TWO YEARS on something that happened half a century ago. I don't support Biden either but this is such a bitch-eating-crackers thread.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
There is going to be a point where Biden and Trump are on the debate stage with 30 seconds of dead air as they both forget which question was asked.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Trump isn't fit to run a Dairy Queen, let alone lead a nation.
Neither is Biden.
(He's still probably going to wind up as the nominee.)

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, this is kind of a minor gaffe, particularly by Biden standards. The thing with Biden though is he always said really dumb shit, even before he started sundowning, so it's just gonna get worse and worse.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I don't want him to win, but is this really a serious gaffe in our current climate?

Why should we measure actual people against the bar Trump and his crotch goblins have set?

No, by Trump standards this isn't really a big deal. By normal standards I would say people running for office should be able to remember basic historical events with accuracy on par for a fifth grade social studies test, yes.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
RFK's assassination never fails to make me sad. He was like an even better JFK and from what I've read, he had the chops to be one of our greatest presidents of all time. I can't imagine the way the US would have gone if he had become president.

MLK and Bobby. If the Vietnam didn't kill the fast momentum of Civil Rights, then their deaths definitely was a devastating blow. And then the parties realigned and we enter the age of our lifetimes, aka a shitshow.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who say "it's nothing/bitch eating crackers", you aren't seeing the forrest for the trees. He said MLK was his political hero, he was alive when MLK was killed and he still missed the date by a decade. He also misremembered a very famous and recent mass shooting timeline with the period where he was still VP.

He's always been a gaffe machine, but it seems to be getting worse as he's oddly misremembering things in relation to the time and space he lived them. Couple this with, I believe, his own staff talking about him "sundowning". It looks like age might be affecting him.

Last edited: