• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 26, 2018
Why would China want to occupy a county ravaged by bio weapons exactly?

Because they have a secret cure cooked up in the same labs that created the virus that renders them all immune to their own weapons, letting them invade and burn down every picture of Reagan and Trump everywhere.

...or something. There will always be some fucking story.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The news is so gonna be WHY WAS BIDEN SPITTING MUCUS?

A day later, I got tested 263654465 tmes, it's the cold.

GOP: HE GOT THE RONA, PRESIDENT HARRIS INCOMING.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

You dirty tease. I was confused for a good 10 seconds as to why he had not powered up yet.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
People here care way too much about what shitty online people think

Its not worth caring about. Seriously.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I survived 4 years of this hell. If I can survive this presidency I can survive anything

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Loser loser loser, Trump is a fucken loser. The biggest loser some say.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
So, what are the odds he'll go the full violent route now that he has no legal recourse?

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Any chance Congress can overturn this in January or is this a done deal even if many members of the House & Senate dissent and object?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Any chance Congress can overturn this in January or is this a done deal even if many members of the House & Senate dissent and object?

No chance. Even if a Senator rejects the electoral results in a specific state it leads to Congress going to two separate chambers for a 2 hour debate and both sides need to agree in order to get the results thrown out. That's not happening with a Democratic-controlled House.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If I recall correctly, this is set in stone. If congress refuses to seat Biden, Nancy Pelosi will become interim president by default. Which I think would be viewed as worse to Republicans tbh.
Either way, Trump is out in January no matter what.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
If I recall correctly, this is set in stone. If congress refuses to seat Biden, Nancy Pelosi will become interim president by default. Which I think would be viewed as worse to Republicans tbh.
Either way, Trump is out in January no matter what.

If Pelosi became interim, who would then become the actual president? Would there need to be another election?

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
So, what are the odds he'll go the full violent route now that he has no legal recourse?
His followers might. But Trump himself is a coward. And if he somehow were to go as far as to declare martial law, the military wouldn't back him - a majority of the military doesn't like Trump and Mark Milley already said post-election that the military follows the constitution, not the president.
It's not possible. Even if the GOP manages to raise an objection (which requires at least one representative and one senator, and no senators have said they would do this yet), a majority of both houses would need to agree to it. With a dem majority house that's impossible.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017

No, both houses would have to vote to eliminate electoral votes and Democrats control the House. It's a done deal. There may be objections, but they're just theatrics at this point.

I bet a lot of Republican senators actually would prefer if there weren't objections, because it could be a politically toxic vote for vulnerable senators up for reelection in two years. However, the real crazies are in the House and they're the ones that'll bring the objections.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. There is literally nothing they can do except delay the final certification, in which case Nancy Pelosi becomes President on January 20th.

It's over.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I hope people learn from this and try to do whatever they can to make sure they vote each election, for any politician, not just Presidents, to prevent things like Trump and the actions he was able to push through from happening again. We need more people in power that actual speak for people instead of doing everything they can to keep getting corporate donations for next election.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
We are so so lucky the Dems took over the House in 2018. We would be absolutely royally fucked otherwise and the election would be overturned. No doubt in my mind.

Republicans have now normalized the idea of overturning elections. Next time we won't be so lucky.