• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
You should fucking care about policy of the candidate and their history and not just "can they beat Trump" as if beating Trump magically solves the issue.

Joe Biden has 40 years of god awful policy that has done NOTHING but hurt the average American. He's a terrible candidate. Have higher standards than "can he beat Trump".

Will keep screaming this from the rooftops for the next eighteen months.

Biden is bag man for capital interests and we don't have the luxury of a few cycles to take issues like inequality, market democracy and climate change head on.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I don't think ANYONE here would vote for Trump over him or stay at home. What most people like me are saying that almost all the other candidates are much better than Biden who has the most problems with racial division based on his actions. And the fact he is picking up a black women is transparent that he is trying to cover that up as much as he can.
So what? You think if u press biden about why he picked Abrams hes gonna say some bullshit like "i dont see race!"

This is ridiculous, to suggest that picking Abrams because of her demographic appeal is a cheap shot or below the belt blow. This is incredibly stupid. I'm all for it. Pick her cause she's black... and own it.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I think it's a terrible strategy to try to meet Trump where is he is, because no matter how dirty a Dem gets by mere virtue of their integrity, Trump will get dirtier. This man talked about the size of his penis in one of the 2016 debates. No Dem should try going toe-to-toe with that.

Besides, if the 2020 debates end up being two white men trading one-liners...I swear to God I'm turning off my TV.

I disagree. Instant reaction polls had Hillary winning (at least) the 1st and 3rd debates among people who watched them in their entirety, but what sound bites dominated cable news for days and weeks afterward? "No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet," and "You'd be in jail."

You don't need to sink to his level and respond in kind, but you do need to respond.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why it matters: The popular Georgia Democrat, who at age 45 is 31 years younger than Biden, would bring diversity and excitement to the ticket — showing voters, in the words of a close source, that Biden "isn't just another old white guy."

Wow
Loooooooooooooool

One of the most shrewd attempts at tokenizing I've seen in a long, long time.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
biden owns, and is a much better representation of American imperialism and empire than Trump is imo

Brutal oppressive domestic crime policies, aggressive cheerleader for the worst excesses of capital, joyous advocate for foreign intervention, eager to work with the GOP on everything.

he's perfect. a diamond, you might say.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I disagree. Instant reaction polls had Hillary winning (at least) the 1st and 3rd debates among people who watched them in their entirety, but what sound bites dominated cable news for days and weeks afterward? "No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet," and "You'd be in jail."

And Hillary did respond! That you don't remember Hillary's responses isn't really an indictment of her (because, as you pointed out, reaction polls had her winning those debates). It's an indictment of a debate format and irresponsible media where the person who says the dumbest, most outlandish thing will dominant the media's obsessive coverage. And that will always be Trump. Hell, as we saw in the debates in 2016, if Trump thinks he's losing he will intentionally say the dumbest thing he can think to say for this very reason.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
p7g7dq7trok11.gif

Joe Biden has touched so many children at swearing-in ceremonies. He always singles out girls from their families, and makes them pose in front of him.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So what? You think if u press biden about why he picked Abrams hes gonna say some bullshit like "i dont see race!"

This is ridiculous, to suggest that picking Abrams because of her demographic appeal is a cheap shot or below the belt blow. This is incredibly stupid. I'm all for it. Pick her cause she's black... and own it.
Did you read at all the full post you've replied to? Because I cleared mentioned his racist past and that's not a so WHAT type of issue to be brushed aside with.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
eager to work with the GOP on everything.

This is an important point. There's probably more information on this, so maybe I'm wrong, but I always felt like the first year of Obama's presidency where he went to Congress to bargain with the GOP and generally tried to get their buy-in on everything was heavily influenced by Biden's advice.

Instead of taking the overwhelming mandate he had just received and using it to say, "Here's how it's going to be," he wasted time and political capital trying to be bipartisan with Diamond Joe's lunch buddies.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's pretty amazing how much people who post stuff like this completely forget how many Democrats are age 50+ and will vote in much higher numbers than younger progressives. His polling within the Democratic Party is fantastic and he has large African American voter support, writing him off as a dinasaur who can't win the primary is just baffling.

The internet is not reality.
But he's still right up there with Bernie and Beto in terms of popularity and electability. I don't like it but it's no use trying to twist facts because you don't like him.
he's electable in a general election but not in a primary

and i'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. are you?

an avatar bet, if any of you are confident enough in your belief to take me up on it:

if biden gets most delegates for the dnc, i lose and get to wear a humiliating avatar for a month. if he does not get the most delegates for the dnc, i win and whoever took me up on the bet will have to wear a humiliating avatar for a month

deal?

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Did you read at all the full post you've replied to? Because I cleared mentioned his racist past and that's not a so WHAT type of issue to be brushed aside with.
america had been treating it like a "so what" issue brazenly to the point that black people maneuver around that shit now. Its a reality when you deal with a political elite that is majority white, so again I ask you... so what?

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I want to preface my following comments with the statement that I do not want Biden to be the nominee (but of course I would rather him win than Trump!):

If an old white man is the best person for the job, then that is okay and his whiteness or oldness shouldn't disqualify him. I don't think that applies to Biden, but if you had someone like FDR running today (only updated to be as progressive today relative to as he was in the era he lived in), then I think he would be an obvious candidate to support.

I believe that getting more people of colour (and women) into contention is important as it broadens the pool of skilled candidates, but at the end of the day the person who is the best candidate (a combination of electability and ability) should be the nominee. With more PoC and women in the mix, the chances of it being a non-white-male increases, but it shouldn't preclude old white men from winning if they are truly the best candidate.
I don't disagree, but I'm not the one trying to present Biden as "not just another old white guy", as if that needs to or can be denied.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
And Hillary did respond!.

Nope. I remember it perfectly clearly. She just walked over and put her mic down: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004701741/trump-to-clinton-youd-be-in-jail.html

That you don't remember Hillary's responses isn't really an indictment of her (because, as you pointed out, reaction polls had her winning those debates). It's an indictment of a debate format and irresponsible media where the person who says the dumbest, most outlandish thing will dominant the media's obsessive coverage. And that will always be Trump. Hell, as we saw in the debates in 2016, if Trump thinks he's losing he will intentionally say the dumbest thing he can think to say for this very reason.

I dislike this paradigm as much as you- but we can't wish it away. It isn't going anywhere. He's going to throw shots below the belt. You can't just shrug and go put your mic down, IMO.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

an avatar bet, if any of you are confident enough in your belief to take me up on it:

if biden gets most delegates for the dnc, i lose and get to wear a humiliating avatar for a month. if he does not get the most delegates for the dnc, i win and whoever took me up on the bet will have to wear a humiliating avatar for a month

deal?

Joe v. the field I'm still taking the field but he is absolutely a top 3 candidate no matter how badly you wish he wasn't. This bet is dumb, so no.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Def not my first, second, or even third choice. I really do think that him running fuels the right even more. They look at it as basically Obama 2.0 and will fight tooth and nail to make sure they have the votes.

Either way, I will put my biases and favorites aside if his name is against trumps in November. He just is not a candidate that excites me or makes me think we will head in a more progressive direction. He screams status quo to me.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I wonder if anyone has ever confronted Biden about his unacceptable behavior?

If he was feeling up my young daughter like that I'd tell him to his face to keep his hands to himself. Hell, knowing my daughter's mentality and the way we're raising her she would likely shove/slap him Vice President or not. Your body, your rules, it doesn't matter who you are or how powerful/rich you are.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Eh. Depends on who you ask.

He seems to obliterate Trump in the states that matter... Could be the Democratic party's best chance at winning back the oval office.

He does nothing to inspire me with his policy positions, however.
Beto or Bernie would be my first choices but I'll vote for any dem that can beat Trump and undo his bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
But here you're shifting to the second debate; the debate everyone concedes she did poorly in.

She did nothing akin to putting the mic down in the first or third debates.

I posted the two single biggest sound bites to come out of the entire debate cycle. Both went unanswered. Which debate they came from is irrelevant. She won all 3 debates on substance, IMO. Unfortunately, substance doesn't mean what it used to.

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
I wish Biden would go away. I can't imagine his actual policy history will go over well in the primary, the man is a relic.

https://youtu.be/Wsq30E6OSVU
I know it's a long time ago, but shit like this is disgusting, and I haven't seen any real evidence that he's grown since then.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

deal?
There's a difference between saying he's not failing and saying he's definitely going to win. I don't like him and hope he loses but you're basing your assertion that he's floundering off of conjecture. He still has a giant base of support in the democratic party.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also I am still fucking astounded at how he acted at damn near every ceremony. Did no one on his or Obama's staff tell him to quit it? Did he ignore them? The fuck is wrong with him even if he's just super naive at best.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a centrist, he's one of the few people that would make me vote D. If someone like Warren ends up running i'm not going to vote at all as I wouldnt vote for Trump either

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'd do it because at 78+ years old, as morbid as it is, there's a decent change Stacey Abrams becomes President...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Warren representing the far left shows us how fucked our Overton window is more than anything.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
He's super old for a candidate, he's super creepy, and he seems almost completely out of touch with the current Dem base.

But sadly he's probably quite comfortably the candidate who would have the best chance against Trump. He's very popular in the areas that we'll need to flip where a Bernie/Warren/other further left candidate may scare off people.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
If she accepts isn't that her getting her say? She'll be accepting a position that puts her directly in line to be one of the most powerful people on earth if old Joe dies or is unable to perform his duties. That's a pretty big fucking role plus she gets the tie breaker in the senate.

I don't know what's worse..

People straight up admitting that Biden can't do it without a Black Woman by his side because that's just how shit he is...

Or people really trying to spin this as a great move for Abrams when it's really about a shithead white guy looking to be more appealing for the minority vote.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a centrist, he's one of the few people that would make me vote D. If someone like Warren ends up running i'm not going to vote at all as I wouldnt vote for Trump either

You do understand this line of thinking about Hillary is a big part of why Trump narrowly defeated her, yes?

Sometimes, remaining "neutral" is just a vote for the status quo.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should fucking care about policy of the candidate and their history and not just "can they beat Trump" as if beating Trump magically solves the issue.

Joe Biden has 40 years of god awful policy that has done NOTHING but hurt the average American. He's a terrible candidate. Have higher standards than "can he beat Trump".
I wouldn't worry about ol' Diamond Joe.

Everyone loves the guy until they spend any time thinking about him and realize he isn't Onion Joe Biden. He was a terrible candidate in 2008 who didn't do or say anything of relevance other than be a smartass a couple of times, same as during 2012 VP debates. He's super old, super old fashioned and he has no good ideas. He's only even sort of because he seems sort of legitimate becasue he was Obama's VP.

You do understand this line of thinking about Hillary is a big part of why Trump narrowly defeated her, yes?

Sometimes, remaining "neutral" is just a vote for the status quo.

You are overestimating the number of American citizens who would actively vote for a carbon rod if it would remove Trump from office.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are overestimating the number of American citizens who would actively vote for a carbon rod if it would remove Trump from office.

He's an incumbent during an economic upswing. History is very much on his side so long as there isn't some crippling scandal or a market fallout.

They don't call him Teflon Don for nothing. Everybody needs to get behind whoever is nominated to defeat his ass. Period.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yo wtf at these molestation clips. I had no idea Biden was such a creep.

Biden is now my least preferred candidate (I think he was close already).