• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via NBC:
Impeachment "hasn't shaken my faith in being able to work with at least" some Republicans, Biden told "TODAY" show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie in an interview before Monday's Iowa caucuses.

"I think you're going to see the world change with Trump gone," Biden added.

The Senate last week voted against calling witnesses in Trump's impeachment trial, with just two Republicans voting in favor of additional testimony and documents. Some Republicans who voted against calling witnesses conceded that Trump acted improperly with regard to calling on Ukraine to announce investigations of the Bidens as he withheld nearly $400 million in aid.
They don't exist Joe. Lock if old.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Inflammatory comparisons
Radical Centrism in action. Anyone who doesn't define the GOP as something to be politically eradicated is part of the problem, full stop.

Worse than ISIS. Remember that.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
We don't compromise with fascists, Joe. Learn to work with members of your own party.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol CNN has been harder on the Republicans throughout this presidency than Biden. Hard fucking pass.

Oct 27, 2017
Suburbanites eat this fantasy BS with a spoon.

They still want their tax cuts and military adventurism, but they want it in a less gross, stupid package than Trump

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You know, it wasn't Trump that made them refuse to hear Obama's SCOTUS pick. You lived it you idiot.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I can't anymore. I don't care if it's some Midwestern appeal, not after the BS they just pulled.

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously believe Resetera will check into suicide watch after he wins the Primary. Ya'll better brace yourselves.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Suburbanites eat this fantasy BS with a spoon.

They still want their tax cuts and military adventurism, but they want it in a less gross, stupid package than Trump
I was thinking about this the other day. I feel like a lot of the people who spend all day on social media hating on Trump (the people with #resistence in their bio) would be perfectly fine with any other president doing some of what he's done as long as they made the effort to pretend it wasn't racism fueling those decisions.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A reminder - if we get the vote of every single person who thinks Trump should be impeached and removed...Trump wins re-election.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god. I hope he can't really be this naive. They're going to smear him as "corrupt" like there's no tomorrow. If he's elected, they'll stonewall him worse than they did Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the case where they retain control of Congress, that they block all judge appointments, not just some, and for his full term. Republicans know full well that they're coming to the point where they either take control permanently via cheating, or they play fair and lose everything.

Maybe he's just sticking to this bullshit in the hopes of catching a few Republican votes. It might work.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does his stance swing any states that lead to a win more than other candidates or is it just basically the same whatever Dem it is ?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
If he actually believes this he needs to get some fucking help.

But it's probably strategy. For one, centrists swallow this shit up like candy. For two, traditional politics says, you can't really go in saying you'll never work with the other side. You need to play like you're open to it so when that side inevitably pushes away you an blame them. Otherwise they can use the soundbite against you and say you didn't try. Unfortunately with our media they'd fall right for that soundbite if the Republicans put it forward.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
He has to know that Republicans that currently fill the seats in the house and senate would not work with him one iota if the shoe were on the other foot. I don't even know what the point of this song and dance is for except for the people who think that everything will go back to "normal" once Trump is out. This shit is the new normal.

Oct 28, 2017
He said he hasnt lost the ability to work with Republicans and that things will change with Republicans when Trumps gone.

Hes certainly not naive so this is a strategy that will probably work even if hes 100% wrong.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is he just saying this or has he not been paying attention for the last few decades?

I see why this guy kept getting rolled in primaries before getting in the Obama Club. Anybody else would be gladly screaming from the rooftops that a corrupt president was so scared of their chances that they committed treason just to get rid of them. How the hell are your political instincts this fucking bad.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I'm surprised that nobodies said it yet but it's clear as fucking day Biden only gives a shit about white men.

Joe Fucking Biden only cares about the white men of America.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm pretty sure he's just saying things

But this is also me trying to make myself feel better in case he wins the Primaries and I have to vote for him

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
This proves Biden has dementia. Dude doesn't remember the Obama presidency at all. Fuck outta here old man.

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about this the other day. I feel like a lot of the people who spend all day on social media hating on Trump (the people with #resistence in their bio) would be perfectly fine with any other president doing some of what he's done as long as they made the effort to pretend it wasn't racism fueling those decisions.

Big Tents and all that.

Above all else, many voters just want a government they don't have to think about for 4-8 years

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that nobodies said it yet but it's clear as fucking day Biden only gives a shit about white men.

Joe Fucking Biden only cares about the white men of America.

Welcome to America, where this is SOP for about 70% of all politicians. Luckily, you have a much better chance of shaming Biden into your position, than 99% of all Republicans

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't know what the real, lasting alternative is. Ban opposition parties? Imprison every Republican in Congress? I'm not especially opposed to those options, but...