• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Browsing the different news channels and it just kind of hit me how much shit we've endured the last 4 years, a never ending assault on our psyche and conscience from a man who has no moral compass to get to this point and, despite not being perfect, a person who is at least a fucking human.

Damn it's something.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I read "Promise Me, Dad" a few months ago and I can't imagine what this is like for him. The goals and ambitions that he and Beau had for each other were incredible.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Such a different picture of masculinity compared to that last guy. Can't wait for all the Fox News hosts to try to portray this as him being a pussy.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Despite my misgivings about Joe Biden, I am happy for you all in the USA to have a leader with empathy once again. That may sound like a low bar but it's not, empathy matters.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's understandable.
This is basically the last ride of his political career, all the way to the top, and there's so much of his immediate family that isn't with him anymore to celebrate it.
Also as he himself mentions at the end of the speech (and other people who knew the Bidens have also mentioned), Beau was the one who was supposed to be President.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
For the first time today I caught myself phrasing "Trump was" instead of "Trump is." On a visceral level I felt just a tiny bit happier at that thought.

Oct 25, 2017
It just cannot be overstated the sheer value of having a person that isn't petty, blaming others, throwing insults and tantrums during an address to the nation. I just can't believe what we've been through these 4 years.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
It's definitely a stark contrast compared to Trump.

The death of Beau something I still remember quite well. It's especially sad when a parent witnesses the loss of their child.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone told me five years ago that Joe Biden would come out of retirement and become President, I would've said no way.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Biden tear up, emotional hits me. He really cares, and it's such a stark difference from Trump, who's only emotion was fierce anger.