• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
but it was like that with pete and even bloomberg voters too in some states, it was the endorsement that counted.

It's too late for me to go digging and I don't want to veer too much off topic but I have always wondered if there is actual data that shows whether or not those types of endorsements actually matter. To me it seems more likely that Pete and Klobuchar voters switched to Biden because he most closely aligned with their views rather than because of the endorsements but that could be wrong.

madame x

May 15, 2020
It's too late for me to go digging and I don't want to veer too much off topic but I have always wondered if there is actual data that shows whether or not those types of endorsements actually matter. To me it seems more likely that Pete and Klobuchar voters switched to Biden because he most closely aligned with their views rather than because of the endorsements but that could be wrong.
tbh, second choices for the primary were always wild and confusing, a lot of people just wanted to unify around a candidate.

they were starting to unify under bernie, biden wins sc, and then everyone drops out, so they want to unify under biden. progressive wing could have given bernie and bidne a delegate tie or bernie still a small lead, but she stayed in.

ive accepted it, ive accepted that the democrats will go far to make sure we wont have free health care. because thats what they did. if you wanna vote for biden because hes not as bad as trump then go for it, i get it especially if you are in a swing state. i wont do it though.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
tbh, second choices for the primary were always wild and confusing, a lot of people just wanted to unify around a candidate.

they were starting to unify under bernie, biden wins sc, and then everyone drops out, so they want to unify under biden. progressive wing could have given bernie and bidne a delegate tie or bernie still a small lead, but she stayed in.

Bloomberg took more delegate share from Biden than Warren took from Sanders. Sanders was only doing as well in the early contests as he was due to the field being larger than usual and Iowa being a caucus state.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Bidens Plan for Black America:

joebiden.com

LIFT EVERY VOICE: THE BIDEN PLAN FOR BLACK AMERICA - Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

Joe Biden knows that African Americans can never have a fair shot at the American Dream so long as entrenched disparities are allowed to quietly chip away at opportunity. He is running for President to rebuild our economy in a way that finally brings everyone along—and that starts by rooting out...

Have a read for those who are actually interested in knowing the differences between Biden and Trump as opposed to those who will make that dishonest ass false equivalency claim out of bitterness/spite regardless of it being a lie.

There's a gulf of space in between "Perfect" and "The status quo". Especially when the status Quo is sending the military into city streets to mace and beat the people protesting the wrongful murder of a black man.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I figured I'd end up voting for Biden at the start of the campaign. At this point it's all about getting Trump out of the White House.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fine. We'll have to vote for the lesser piece of crap. I guess it's all we deserve and Trump absolutely needs to go. But fuck this entire system that never gives us anything actually good to hope for.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Only going to vote for him because Libs are easier to push around with direction action than fascists are (obviously).

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dude ended up my fifth choice but I was ready to get the ball rolling after Super Tuesday. It was really stressful to see the shitshow but it didn't amount to much in the way of polling or whatever. But it's good to have everyone on board.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't think I could ever be excited to vote for Biden, though I always would, but I legit can't wait now.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Wanted Sanders, Warren, or Inslee (lol), but fuck it, I'm in!

Keep your hands to yourself, Biden, and don't f'ing let us down!

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Joe fan, but whew, his bid looked dead after Iowa and New Hampshire. Can't imagine seeing this title just a few months ago. What a comeback.

Now let's crush it in November and toss Trumpism into the dustbin of history.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Biden wasn't my first, second, or third choice, but I absolutely cannot wait to vote for him. Seeing Trump thrown out on his ass will be the greatest moment of my life.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
5 more months and it's still 2020.
tenor.gif

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
anyway, i personally will not be voting for biden.

i live in california, a state that at the very least, trump will lose by 20 points. he has an awful history with women, an awful history with race, and an awful history with... almost everything, he even bragged about being one of the most conservative dems in the senate before. simply put, he is a bridge too far gone for me, and because live in calirofnira there i really no reason to sacrifice my integrity for the 'greater good' because i dont have to.

Can't add much because Lothars pretty much took the words right out of my mouth
except he doesn't. You can pretend to have integrity but you don't.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden, time to set your sights on the 45 before he destroys all thats good in the world. You have to save us all. Everyone. As people of the world, end his tyranny.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fine. We'll have to vote for the lesser piece of crap. I guess it's all we deserve and Trump absolutely needs to go. But fuck this entire system that never gives us anything actually good to hope for.
What system? America wanted Joe Biden. It wasn't the rules, it was the people.

(Ranked choice would likely make both Biden and Bernie viable candidates in the general, though there is no reason to believe Biden wouldn't come out on top in that scenario, as well.)

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, there is literally no reason NOT to vote for Biden
well there might be some people that say:

Hey Trump has handled the Covid situation better than anyone else in the world so that it went away magically after one person was infected, then he dominated local terrorists with only teargas, cavalry and rubber bullets and finally he presented job numbers that were totally true. He is basically Jesus.

I am not one of em, just to be clear.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Dude's a piece of shit, a harasser, and possibly a rapist, but I hope everybody who lives in a swing state can bring themselves to vote for him.

May 15, 2019
Given the choice between a guy who thinks people should be shot in the leg and a guy who thinks people should be outright killed I guess I'll vote for the leg guy. I'm not happy about my choices though.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Hate him and the most of the Democratic party but Donald Trump is reason enough for me to vote for Biden just like I hate voted for Hillary. I have no hope for US politics other then bringing us back to "normal" though. If Donald trump had not been a literal human shit stain I wouldn't vote at all. I do not believe not voting is a vote for the other guy but I do believe not taking a side in this election and turning point in history is wrong.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
This is, very literally, a fight for America's soul.

I'm considering voting early in CA, then flying to my parents' place in Florida and helping to volunteer driving older folks to the polls.

Vote. For. Joe. Biden.
I plan on doing something similar, only driving people in Pennsylvania. We really need to win this time.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
He's a poor candidate, better than Trump, and also a sign of the feable state of US democracy at the national level. I don't think he his politics are the answer to most of the questions being posed - climate, structural racism, inequalities - but a part of the wider problem, and think his record reveals him as mainly a careerist, but it is what it is. Shit has hit the sewage pipes and even a Biden presidency looks much better than a Trump regime. Climate crisis may be building momentum, but it is the preparedness of our governance and populace that worries me the most. Progressive politics is in a sorrier state than it was 50 odd years ago in socio economic terms, but at least there is increasing fire from the younger generation. We need to bring it

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you don't believe in him, vote in the team working for Biden and let them know you won't accept anything less than making things better than they were