• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Victim blaming victims of ethnic cleansing is quite a normal thing

20200520_154919.jpg

Any thoughts about the mask being off? Actively denouncing peaceful protest against the ethnic cleansing and eradication of the Palestinian identity, people and culture is truly horrific. And the other guy's just as awful.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Unfortunately it's him or Trump. Let's hope that he can be pushed in the right direction after taking office.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Thread Derail
OP, when Biden steps down because of this, who should take his place to run against Trump?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already a thread.
www.resetera.com

Jewish Currents: Joe Biden’s Alarming Record on Israel

So Peter Beinart published this article earlier today about Joe Biden and his record of acting as a shield for Netanyahu and Israel, going so far as to actively sabotage efforts by the Obama administration to pressure Israel to stop building illegal settlements and try and restart negotiations...

Screenshot_20200521-083112_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
I'll always laugh at the idea of white people maliciously opposing BDS. It's like an obvious expression of privilege and contradictory capitalist values.

Fuck Biden.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OP, when Biden steps down because of this, who should take his place to run against Trump?
You're allowed to critique a politician's stances on something and discuss them without being forced into "YEAH BUT THERE'S NO ONE ELSE TO TAKE ON TRUMP". People get that, it doesn't mean someone gets carte blanche and to avoid scrutiny.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
biden is the democrat variation of trump at this point. how did we get here.

edit: if you're coming into this thread and aren't understanding the nuance of this comment, here is a longer version:

joseph biden has been nominated to be the presidential candidate of the democratic party not because he was the most popular candidate, but through an almost perfect storm of situations and coincidences that have left a major american political party with a candidate who's views don't represent the majority of his party, which is a similar situation as to what led to donald trump to be nominated to be his party's candidate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Masquerader

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Unfortunately it's him or Trump. Let's hope that he can be pushed in the right direction after taking office.

I was hoping so too but this basically confirms that the embassy move was permanent and that every single year passes incrementally in favour of Israel destroying Palestine with no end in sight. It's difficult to hope when even lip service is too much for both sides and they're trying to out-genocide the other to appeal to a middle ground that supposedly advocates this stuff 110%

Idk, ethnic cleansing shouldn't be something that's accepted but perhaps Sanders off the top of my head? I'm not American so I wouldn't know for sure, I just have enough Palestinian friends to know how horrific this is.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
As a Palestinian, I have all but given up hope. So has my family. We are about to be absorbed, as 2nd class citizens. Welcome to Apartheid.

We are about to be annexed by Israel and as usual, the world doesn't give a fuck. It's heartbreaking to see that Israel, more or less, can do whatever it wants and due to historic reasons will rarely be reprimanded. BDS is one way of peaceful protest and it should be used.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Victim blaming victims of ethnic cleansing is quite a normal thing

20200520_154919.jpg

Any thoughts about the mask being off? Actively denouncing peaceful protest against the ethnic cleansing and eradication of the Palestinian identity, people and culture is truly horrific. And the other guy's just as awful.

The other guy is actually much worse. Don't know how you've missed how much worse things have gotten in Palestine since Trump took over. The embassy, the much larger section that's being annexed by Israel, the end of the peace process, I don't think things would be this bade right now if Trump had never been elected. And if he's reelected it will be worse.

OP
OP
Masquerader

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The other guy is actually much worse. Don't know how you've missed how much worse things have gotten in Palestine since Trump took over. The embassy, the much larger section that's being annexed by Israel, the end of the peace process, I don't think things would be this bade right now if Trump had never been elected. And if he's reelected it will be worse.

I noticed and I agree, but Biden has accepted Trump's new normal. Trump has opened the can of worms but Biden's absolutely going to continue down it. 'He started it' isn't a defence. Biden has all the power to resolve this through some mighty tense and effective diplomacy but he just plain WON'T. Trump is pure evil for certain and worse than Biden, but Biden horrifies me because he SHOULD be better and shouldn't perpetuate the same tragedies.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
I can't believe America had the chance to choose Bernie. A Jewish man whose family survived the Holocaust, who understands the suffering this regime has caused more than most. He could have saved so many lives.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Glad to see Biden reaffirming that the Democratic party doesn't care about my people, or the hell that my family went through when they were living in the ME.

He can fuck right off come November. I have no interest in supporting someone who is cool with the murder of innocent women and children, and wants to argue that "Palestinians are being let off the hook for their choices."

Sorry, Palestinians exist and want to be treated as human beings I guess.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody so far has said anything about Biden being worse than Trump on Israel/Palestine. Relax

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Biden reaffirming that the Democratic party doesn't care about my people, or the hell that my family went through when they were living in the ME.

He can fuck right off come November. I have no interest in supporting someone who is cool with the murder of innocent women and children, and wants to argue that "Palestinians are being let off the hook for their choices."

But haven't you heard? According to some people we Palestinians are an "invention" and therefore we don't have any rights. It's sickening.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020

You are our brothers and sisters. I pray your family and your people are saved from this oppression. My heart is with you. People don't know the extent of your suffering. Stay strong, stay patient, and stay alive.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
We are about to be annexed by Israel and as usual, the world doesn't give a fuck. It's heartbreaking to see that Israel, more or less, can do whatever it wants and due to historic reasons will rarely be reprimanded. BDS is one way of peaceful protest and it should be used.
The world does, just not certain countries with power. Come live with us instead in Sweden :)

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But haven't you heard? According to some people we Palestinians are an "invention" and therefore we don't have any rights. It's sickening.

The whole historic stance/treatment America has had regarding the Palestinian people really angers me as an American. I fully support the full recognition of Palestine and giving its people full rights.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe America had the chance to choose Bernie. A Jewish man whose family survived the Holocaust, who understands the suffering this regime has caused more than most. He could have saved so many lives.
Electing a democrat that can get people to show up and vote is going to save many more lives.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Love to see some people's immediate knee jerk reaction to this is to say that Trump is worse. Maybe let the criticism of this horrible bullet point stand on its own for 5 minutes? Like we know Trump is worse and we know he needs to be gone but that's such a fucking low bar to clear.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As a Palestinian, I have all but given up hope. So has my family. We are about to be absorbed, as 2nd class citizens. Welcome to Apartheid.

Just really sorry about all this, wish the world recognised the oppression of Palestinians and helped out. I'll still pray for things to get better and for the world to show more humanity and for Israel to somehow change their mind, for reasonable leadership to take hold and Bibi to be kicked out, and for Palestinians to have rights and their land and housing back.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
People keep talking about how terrible Trump is. There's a reason he was elected president. You are a democracy, and when every candidate you have is evil, what does that say about you as a nation?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

"BUT TRUMP—"

What if... what if criticism doesn't constitute an endorsement for whoever is opposing the person you're criticizing? What if we just wanted Biden to stop doing shitty things?

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
biden is the democrat variation of trump at this point. how did we get here.
In terms of policies, they're really not that different. Democrats and republicans are generally closely linked in terms of policy. They both don't want to support people, and both want to prop up big corporations. Democrats just keep moving to the right. Biden would have ran as a republican 40 years ago.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
"Yeah Palestine might be borderline erased but Trump is worse"

Do you have any take to offer that isnt built around the "Trump is worse" argument?

Is it this hard to say "Biden is actively harmful to palestinian rights and people should be disgusted by his Israel adjacent record"

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole fucked up thing of ignoring Palestine and its peoples demands for full recognition and rights on the political level isn't just recent, it has been occuring for decades here in the U.S.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about how terrible Trump is. There's a reason he was elected president. You are a democracy, and when every candidate you have is evil, what does that say about you?

Yeah we know

What would suggest we do. Only those with power have any means to change the various awful circumstances humanity faces across the globe and yet the worst facets of humanity continue to hold power and prevail

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting position, and totally consistent with what Joe Biden embodies. Disregard for the oppressed, the continuation of the global neoliberal project, and many other injustices there in.