• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He really wants Republicans to see him as the less evil alternative to Trump. The problem is, they might hold their nose at some of ths shit he says and does but they're still going to vote for him.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their institutionalized racism also got us Trump in 2016. They're a lost cause.
You cant say they're a lost cause just because you think nothing has happened since 2016. The people the poster is talking about gave Dems the house in 2018. Until the electoral college stops being a thing their votes do matter.

why would anybody vote for him in the primary if he's entertaining the idea of putting a republican in the White House again
Because they understand hypotheticals where all of its facets are under your control. Because they like the jab he tossed at republicans. Because they also understand California alone isnt going to get Trump out of the white house. It's not really a hard thing to imagine.

Considering something means being open to the possibility of doing it. If you say you'd consider replacing toilet paper with sandpaper, it doesn't mean you're a thoughtful non-reactionary individual, it means you're an idiot.
In a hypothetical it would be idiotic to not vote for a guy who could fulfill every democrat promise but also had a republican in name only running mate.

Someone who would say no just to the hypothetical would be percieved poorly by the general electorate, particularly by voters clustered in the only states that matter.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
4 more years of a Trump presidency will irreparably damage the nation. You're either short-sighted or just don't care about America.
If Biden is the nominee, I am being asked to choose between two blatant white supremacists. And, frankly, I don't think black America can afford to help elect Joe Biden. I'm sorry, but the man's contempt for black people is obvious. I don't think there has been a single debate this year where his antipathy for black people didn't come to the surface.

Oct 27, 2017
So old man thinks it's a good idea that his backup is ideologically opposed to sanity and realistically thinks this is something that his party might consider a good idea. And he isn't getting his ass chewed out by the DNC? This will really motivate the base... SMDH

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
giphy.gif

Biden...Fuck off.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
So old man thinks it's a good idea that his backup is ideologically opposed to sanity and realistically thinks this is something that his party might consider a good idea. And he isn't getting his ass chewed out by the DNC? This will really motivate the base... SMDH

Only if you can't read what he said. He said he couldn't name one, because there is none. He was asked the question specifically if he would consider and ANY primary player with aspirations for the GE would be a fool to say otherwise.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If Biden is the nominee, I am being asked to choose between two blatant white supremacists. And, frankly, I don't think black America can afford to help elect Joe Biden. I'm sorry, but the man's contempt for black people is obvious. I don't think there has been a single debate this year where his antipathy for black people didn't come to the surface.
Joe Biden is not a white supremacist.
He does not think it's a good idea. He's not considering this. He was asked an off-the-cuff question and gave a polite answer that still throws shade on all GOP politicians.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Elections have proven republicans don't break ranks. They might stay home, but they won't vote D.
Wasn't this demonstrated in the Doug Jones vs Roy Moore senate race? Jones won by the skin of his teeth not because disgusted Republicans at Moore's pedophilia switched sides and voted for Jones, but because just enough of them stayed home for Jones to eek out a win.

Oct 25, 2017
You know why.

I don't want Biden as the nom but this shit is tiring. This is a literal nothing story.

It's really not though. An immigrant asks about deportation, and he replies that the guy should "vote for Trump". But someone asks him a stupid question like this, and he gives a serious middle of the road answer. I don't doubt for a second he would have picked someone like McCain for VP.

Oct 27, 2017
Play it however you think meant. I think he meant it seriously. Dude is a old Democrat that pangs for the days of bipartisanship. The only reason he even has any credibility is Obama's coattails.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Fuck no. Entire GOP should be crushed into the ground. There are no good republicans but some are less bad than others.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I guess that's the black vote thrown under the bus again in America. Cause you know, let's finger wag minorities struggling to feel comfortable with the Dems if they put forward yet another candidate that flirts with Republican rhetoric and "both sides" to keep the whites happy.

In a perfect world your people go out and vote in every election, but real life never works that way. Biden has a history of being Republican-lite and talking like this doesn't help. If Bernie answered this question in this way there would be a 30+ page topic demanding he steps aside and/or has lost his marbles in old age.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
BIDEN our time
x
WELD us back together

ONE COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

... but really, this is a complete nothing statement. If you asked Biden this hypothetical question 20 years ago, I'm sure he could name someone. The fact that he can't speaks volumes.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol wut? There's no chance this would ever happen, so what's the point of him even saying this shit?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"I can't think of one" is pretty hilarious shade actually

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
If Bernie answered this question in this way there would be a 30+ page topic demanding he steps aside and/or has lost his marbles in old age.
Yeah, because the hate boner for Bernie on here is completely moronic. Just as it's moronic to take Biden's answer and actually believe he is saying he wants a Republican running mate

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How can you take this as a dig when he's said the US needs the Republican party??

Sure it's shade at current Republicans.. maybe, but the entire party and their platform deserves complete, unequivocal criticism.

We're not in the era of legitimate disagreements between parties. I'm huge critic of Democrats, but there is no question that Republicans are the party of misogyny, racism, anti science, and anti democracy.

If you give this a pass, it's actually quite telling. There's a reason you're in the middle.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Yeah, because the hate boner for Bernie on here is completely moronic. Just as it's moronic to take Biden's answer and actually believe he is saying he wants a Republican running mate

It's the "I would" that will annoy people. Hypothetical or not, that's how Biden chose to answer.

People would expect Bernie to say no, and not say he would if the "right Republican" came along.

Meanwhile, people seem to expect Biden to say "Yes", and if you ask me that tells you all you need to know about Biden.

Depending on what kind of Democrat you are looking for I guess.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
How can you take this as a dig when he's said the US needs the Republican party??

Sure it's shade at current Republicans.. maybe, but the entire party and their platform deserves complete, unequivocal criticism.

We're not in the era of legitimate disagreements between parties. I'm huge critic of Democrats, but there is no question that Republicans are the party of misogyny, racism, anti science, and anti democracy.

If you give this a pass, it's actually quite telling. There's a reason you're in the middle.
Again, Republicans are half the country. They aren't disappearing, and a politician labeling all Republicans as monsters is just not going to happen.

Biden threw shade at the GOP by saying he we consider it, and then saying no current Republican measures up. That's paining himself as a reasonable person, and Republican politicians as the ones off the rails.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It's the "I would" that will annoy people.

People would expect Bernie to say no, and not say he would if the "right Republican" came along.

Meanwhile, people seem to expect Biden to say "Yes", and if you ask me that tells you all you need to know about Biden.

Depending on what kind of Democrat you are looking for I guess.
It tells you nothing, as every politician always gives this answer.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's the black vote thrown under the bus again in America. Cause you know, let's finger wag minorities struggling to feel comfortable with the Dems if they put forward yet another candidate that flirts with Republican rhetoric and "both sides" to keep the whites happy.

In a perfect world your people go out and vote in every election, but real life never works that way. Biden has a history of being Republican-lite and talking like this doesn't help. If Bernie answered this question in this way there would be a 30+ page topic demanding he steps aside and/or has lost his marbles in old age.

Well, in Bernie's case he probably would have selected Ted Cruz then summarily dismissed him the same day because his fucking campaign team didn't do a Google search to figure out that he's a shitheel.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017

Only thing this tells me is those seriously taking what is considered GE politics 101 as anything more then what it is shows as being overwhelmingly aggresive in your hatred for Biden. I don't actually care what he said previously, this response is a non-answer that ANY politician worth his salt would give.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Again, Republicans are half the country. They aren't disappearing, and a politician labeling all Republicans as monsters is just not going to happen.

Biden threw shade at the GOP by saying he we consider it, and then saying no current Republican measures up. That's paining himself as a reasonable person, and Republican politicians as the ones off the rails.

False Republicans are not half of the country. Far from it.

I didn't mean Republican voters. I meant politicians and yes, the Republican platform.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Only thing this tells me is those seriously taking what is considered GE politics 101 as anything more then what it is shows as being overwhelmingly aggresive in your hatred for Biden. I don't actually care what he said previously, this response is a non-answer that ANY politician worth his salt would give.

I disagree. A good politician would say. Hell no. The Republican platform sucks, here's why. Why would I consider a republican vp?

Oct 25, 2017

I'm a middle aged-cis-white-male. My life won't be dramatically different if it end up being Bernie, Biden, or even Trump. It's not shade, and will either be considered an insult, or hedging his bets in case he does think of someone. You go ahead and play the moderate game, and I'll vote for Biden if needed, but I want better for society than Joe.

edit:
I disagree. A good politician would say. Hell no. The Republican platform sucks, here's why. Why would I consider a republican vp?

Exactly.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
But, real talk, I'm legitimately surprised he didn't reflexively say John McCain or, yes, Bill Weld (who's still better than Tulsi).

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
joe biden got a trump 32D chess board for christmas and is definitely, convincingly delivering the lightest of dings to republicans.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Joe Biden is not a white supremacist.

i disagree. I return to the comments he's made over the course of his political career, statements that wouldn't seem out of place when uttered by a klansman. I look at the hallmark legislation of his time in the Senate, a law that was the single worst to hit the black community since Jim Crow. I recall his most recent debate performances, where responses to questions sbout schooling or reparations are responded to with the disdain of someone who holds black people in contempt. Maybe we have two different definitions of white supremacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.