• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Biden admits he was never arrested in South Africa

Former Vice President Joe Biden admitted Friday that his recent claims of being arrested during a congressional delegation trip to South Africa in the 1970s were false.

Biden has faced scrutiny over the claims, made repeatedly over the past few weeks, that he was arrested with former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Andrew Young "on the streets of Soweto," a township in Johannesburg, attempting to see imprisoned anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela.

"When I said arrested, I meant I was not able to move," Biden said, after recounting what had happened to him. "Cops would not let me go with them. I wasn't arrested, I was stopped. I was not able to move where I wanted to go."

www.politico.com

Biden admits he was never arrested in South Africa

His campaign communications director first walked back the claims after Tuesday’s Democratic primary debate in Charleston, S.C.

Have you ever tried to get through a crowded street and had your forward motion arrested? Now you too know the struggle Biden went through.

Biden has previously lied about protesting the Vietnam War, participating and even leading civil rights movement sit-ins, participating in marches, helping register black voters, and has this recurring elaborate fantasy about attending training sessions at a Wilmington church. He was already forced to publicly recant this during his 1988 presidential run, when these total fabrications and his constant plagiarism in college and his stump speeches engulfed his campaign.

"When I marched in the civil rights movement, I did not march with a 12-point program," Mr. Biden thundered, testing his presidential message in February 1987 before a New Hampshire audience. "I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes. And we changed attitudes."

More than once, advisers had gently reminded Mr. Biden of the problem with this formulation: He had not actually marched during the civil rights movement. And more than once, Mr. Biden assured them he understood — and kept telling the story anyway.

www.nytimes.com

Biden’s First Run for President Was a Calamity. Some Missteps Still Resonate. (Published 2019)

In 1988, Joe Biden was prone to embellishment. Hints of that linger today. But unlike then, his message to voters is clear: He’s a stabilizing statesman in a tumultuous time.

'I worked at an all-black swimming pool in the east side of Wilmington, Del. I was involved in what they were thinking, what they were feeling. But I was not out marching. I was not down in not out marching. I was not down in Selma. I was not anywhere else. I was a suburbanite kid who got a dose of exposure to what was happening to black Americans.''

This guy has lied consistently throughout his entire career to create this false narrative based on other people's efforts and experiences. I'm ashamed I didn't know this when he was selected as Obama's VP.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wish he would just give it a(r)rest already.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the '08 election when Hillary tried to play up her experience by talking about how she under sniper fire at an airport in Bosnia and had to run to cover with her head down. Then video came out of the event and it just showed her getting off a plane and shaking peoples hands and greeting them.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
As if his "my best friend Barack Obama" spiel wasn't played out already.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you vote for this liar? It is not some little white lie either. Have some fucking self respect dude.

By the way, I was the one who got Osama Bin Laden. I think the time has come to reveal myself.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This shit really cements the fact that Obama only chose Biden so that midwestern white people would vote for him. Biden is trash

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Come on man! Lying about how down with the struggle you are?
I mean, does he even know when he's having a fantasy of his involvement or not at this point?

This coupled with everything else, I'm of the opinion that voting for Uncle Joe in the primary is irresponsible.

Certainly without knowing who his pick for Vice President is, because there's probably a high degree of likelihood that's who you'd actually be voting for...

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but did you guys hear that Bernie once praised the authoritarian United States government

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Now listen here fella, when it comes to arrests we gotta look at the record, and I know arrests, seen them myself and did then in the Senate, so you can just go and get them, and I'm the only one here who - Barack Obama got that guy arrested with the beer, c'mon Jack, who do you think that was all about? So let's not waste time, and have a beer, and I hope you vote for me on Super Thursday but if not, you can get arrested

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pls retire Joe

pls stop fighting each other

pls vote dem in november

pls pick good vps

pls don't get disheartened if your guy loses the primary

pls accept the rules that are and have already been in place the whole time

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now listen here fella, when it comes to arrests we gotta look at the record, and I know arrests, seen them myself and did then in the Senate, so you can just go and get them, and I'm the only one here who - Barack Obama got that guy arrested with the beer, c'mon Jack, who do you think that was all about? So let's not waste time, and have a beer, and I hope you vote for me on Super Thursday but if not, you can get arrested

buncha malarkey is what it is

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
At some point memories are more stories than factual accounts through retelling. I don't think Biden lied.

He's just having trouble telling historical reality. (Which should question how able he's able to handle the Presidency.)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Good ol "Mr. Electable" Biden himself... so electable that he wasnt elected in 1984, 1988, 2008, and soon 2020

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He said he was arrested watching Mandela. Clearly he meant he was arrested during a theatrical screening of Invictus

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reminds me of the '08 election when Hillary tried to play up her experience by talking about how she under sniper fire at an airport in Bosnia and had to run to cover with her head down. Then video came out of the event and it just showed her getting off a plane and shaking peoples hands and greeting them.

I just recently read about this and was blown away.

That is some Donald Trump level of bullshit, as is Biden's false narrative.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
150 million lies & counting, but Bernie says something about Fidel & he needs to end his candidacy.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you vote for this liar? It is not some little white lie either. Have some fucking self respect dude.
Because some people want to maintain the status quo and not pay a bit more in taxes to save millions of people's lives.

pls retire Joe

pls stop fighting each other

pls vote dem in november

pls pick good vps

pls don't get disheartened if your guy loses the primary

pls accept the rules that are and have already been in place the whole time
Unconditionally accepting this?

source.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He said he was arrested watching Mandela.

He was actually ticketed for watching Deep Impact on his phone at a stoplight. Which is basically the same as being arrested at a Mandela rally.

Because some people want to maintain the status quo and not pay a bit more in taxes to save millions of people's lives.

Unconditionally accepting this?

source.gif

Accepting what unconditionally? I want Joe gone. There's a good chance I'm going to have to accept something conditionally in November.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I once encountered a young, angry teen Martin Luther King Jr. I overheard his frustrations and empathized when he told his friends 'lets just shoot these racist white MFers.'. Alarmed, I was instinctively going to call the police but had remembered I purchased a Ghandi book earlier that day. I handed young Martin my Ghandi book and the rest is history." - upcoming Biden speech

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
He'll be a pointless and boring but also pretty harmless president.
4 more years of Trump, potentially putting one more justice in the SC would be total fucking disaster. Also, imagine a Trump that don't care about being reelected. He doesn't care about the rep party, he only cares about himself and his money. He will rape the country, especially minorities. He will no longer need -anything- from them.
Vote dem in nov no matter what if you even care a smidge about anyone that isn't a billionare.

Edit:
"Burning down the country to own the moderates"

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of thing should really knock you out of the race. And yet, Biden will brush himself off and go on to win quite a few states. If this happened to Bernie he'd be fucking crucified. Not only do Dems have a ridiculously high standard in comparison to Rep, but Bernie is held to a way higher standard than anyone else in this race imo.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
All stuff I've learned about Biden during his campaign has made me retroactively dislike Obama for giving him a platform.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
"I once encountered a young, angry teen Martin Luther King Jr. I overheard his frustrations and empathized when he told his friends 'lets just shoot these racist white MFers.'. Alarmed, I was instinctively going to call the police but had remembered I purchased a Ghandi book earlier that day. I handed young Martin my Ghandi book and the rest is history." - upcoming Biden speech
"And as I sat there on the bus commuting in Montgomery As I would in my youth. I saw a black woman that I was good friends with me get on the bus. She looked conflicted about where to sit. So I told her to take any seat she wanted and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.That womans name was Rosa Parks."
- Joe Biden after the MLK speech.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"And as I sat there on the bus commuting in Montgomery As I would in my youth. I saw a black woman that I was good friends with me get on the bus. She looked conflicted about where to sit. So I told her to take any seat she wanted and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.That womans name was Rosa Parks."
Lmao! I want someone in his circle to dare Joe to use this.

Joe Biden is the world's first Magical Caucasian. He was at every step of the way, giving Black America its greatest ideas.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Jason Sudeikis' Joe Biden impersonation nails Biden's enthusiastic pandering lies perfectly imo.

Around the 5:30 mark:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
"And, swear to god, I told Lincoln, 'You really should free those slaves, Abe, they have it rough!'"

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
In further clarification, Biden stated, "I know that this goes against my promises of a 'No Malarkey' tour, but I promise you all that I will write my memoirs of this story and put it on my bookshelf next to my copies of the Berenstein Bears books."

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
And for all his BS he's probably still the third best choice imo.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So that's what boomers think when they hear black people get arrested way more than white people and don't understand why Colin Kaepernick used to kneel