• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017

Edit: Full quote

"They should vote their heart and if they believe Tara Reade they probably shouldn't vote for me. I wouldn't vote for me if I believed Tara Reade. The fact is that look at Tara Reade's story, it changes considerably.

But I don't want to question her motive, I don't want to question anything, other than to say the truth matters. This has been vetted. It's been vetted, they went and people interviewed scores of my employees over my whole career.

This is just totally thoroughly completely out of character and the idea that in a public place, in a hallway, I would assault a woman. I mean, I, anyway, I promise you, it never happened. It should be vetted.

She should be thoroughly looked at and whether or not these happened. Look at the story, follow the storyline and determine whether there's any truth to it, and there is no truth to it, I promise you."

Last edited:

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Can this dude just not say the dumbest shit for five fucking seconds??

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
giphy.gif

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he's right, no?

Edit: Well fuck that, no he's not. Many people have no other choice than to vote for him if they want Trump out, even if they (rightfully) believe he's a sexual predator.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

I wonder if his chances of winning would increase if he just stopped talking.

This is the second time Biden has literally told people not to vote for him.
Can this dude just not say the dumbest shit for five fucking seconds??
Not even sure what to say at this point, other than that was pretty malicious.

Why is this a bad thing for him to say? It is consistent with his stated position of supporting women and his stated position of innocence in this matter.

He's just being very upfront and honest about things.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is this a bad thing for him to say? It is consistent with his stated position of supporting women and his stated position of innocence in this matter.

It's not a bad thing to say

It's bad that he's in a position where voting for him is one of the most important acts of our lifetimes, given that even he thinks people shouldn't vote for him

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

He's mixing voting for him with the implication of not believing/caring about the sexual assault allegations against him, which is shitty.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Yeah but nobody wants that. It was totally unnecessary. He could have just kept it to his previous comments, people had already started moving on. It's dumb.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
*Sigh*

Joe, please stop making this more difficult than it has to be. A lot of peoples lives are literally in danger because of Trump.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
The person tying voting for Biden with not believing Tara probably shouldn't be Biden himself.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Uh...because the accusations against him are credible and it's generally a very bad idea to tell people to not vote for you, especially when they have good reason not to?

Reade has also said that people can believe her and still vote for Biden, which shows a lot more humility and understanding of the situation for voters who are unsure of what they should do.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's mixing voting for him with the implication of not believing/caring about the sexual assault allegations against him, which is shitty.

This too. IF he's elected, which I can't fucking believe isn't actually a given, he's totally going to use that as a referendum to say most people believe he didn't assault Tara Reade.

I'm gonna vote for this dude, because I literally cannot not-vote for him, but I believe her.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
I think people in this thread should watch the entire clip. The context for this is "if you still believe her, you are dumb"

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory drive-by trolling in a sensitive thread, similar past infractions.
The way some of y'all dramatize this stuff omg.

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
as someone who isn't thrilled with Biden as the dem nominee I don't see anything wrong with what he said. People who have already made up their mind wouldn't vote for him regardless.

He's basically maintaining his innocence and not trying to disparage Tara Reade. This isn't one of his classic foot in mouth moments.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

People would not have been happy with any answer. A person who is running on his character and his history of being an advocate for women's rights, is asked what he should say to people who believe her and have reservations about voting for him.

It's honestly a good answer that doesn't diminish people's concerns about sexual assault. God forbid had he said "too bad, it's me or Trump," or anything else that would have just brushed it away.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
You know, this idea of trying to push potential voters away from you when you're the only option against a full blown fascist banana republic doesn't seem to be the smart marketing strategy I think Joe Biden thinks it is.

He's already running into this with awful momentum. He polls like a third party candidate amongst Millennials. He really, really, really needs to stop with with this "well if you don't like X then just don't vote for me." This is more dangerous than the elusive Bernie Buster bullshit because he's telling people to do this.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
as someone who isn't thrilled with Biden as the dem nominee I don't see anything wrong with what he said. People who have already made up their mind wouldn't vote for him regardless.

He's basically maintaining his innocence and not trying to disparage Tara Reade. This isn't one of his classic foot in mouth moments.
yeah, this.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
This too. IF he's elected, which I can't fucking believe isn't actually a given, he's totally going to use that as a referendum to say most people believe he didn't assault Tara Reade.

I'm gonna vote for this dude, because I literally cannot not-vote for him, but I believe her.
Biden won't mention Reade after winning lol, you think he's going to brag or something?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017

Please stop ruining our daily Biden pinata thread! How else can we feel morally justified in NOT helping to block Trump from a second term?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course not but he's not saying to not vote for him, at all.
No, he is. Plenty of people believe her and were still going to vote for him because they felt too much was at stake not to. This statement is telling them not to bother. It's completely discounting that position and frankly insulting to people who have the audacity to...believe a woman when she says she was assaulted by a man with a history of predatory behavior.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
The presumed Democratic nominee said, if I believe Tara Reade I probably shouldn't vote for him.

So I'm not voting for him.
If this clip changed your mind you weren't anyways, let's be honest now. But the vote shaming is totally inappropriate.
I'm certain that, even if he wins, the lawsuit is still going to go on, so yes, I expect him to mention it.
Summer Zervos's is as well and Trump says fuck-all about it. Biden's not stupid.

It's fantastic attack ad material.