• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who do you think Biden will choose as his VP?

• Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 306 33.7%
  • Kamala Harris

Votes: 542 59.7%
  • Susan Rice

Votes: 20 2.2%
  • Val Demings

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms

Votes: 21 2.3%
  • Michelle Lujan Grisham

Votes: 4 0.4%

• Total voters

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Genuine question--has Harris really done anything notable on the national stage since she dropped out 6+ months ago? I was big on her before everything went topsy-turvy, and I now feel like she's a choice from that time rather than reflecting where the country is right now.
She's been one of the most active voices in Congress the last 2 months.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Val Demmings would make winning Florida's electoral votes a reality, I think Biden would have a better shot there than Georgia even though I love Lance Bottoms, Georgia isn't as purple yet.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
What do you guys think about Rice?
While I prefer Harris (and she is the front-runner), I was the first to predict Rice for the VP nom in this poll. Biden has a longstanding working relationship with her as they were both part of Obama's administration and she doesn''t have the Kopmala stigma... which, frankly, I think is non-deserved as Harris has never been a cop. There's only one cop in this shortlist and it's Demings.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
D-pVoP_W4AAkEYc

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be fine with Elizabeth or Harris, but I think Harris would be best for the debates. She's a helluva debater, where Warren is hit or miss with them.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
While I prefer Harris (and she is the front-runner), I was the first to predict Rice for the VP nom in this poll. Biden has a longstanding working relationship with her as they were both part of Obama's administration and she doesn''t have the Kopmala stigma... which, frankly, I think is non-deserved as Harris has never been a cop. There's only one cop in this shortlist and it's Demings.
I love Susan Rice, but BENGHAZI will be blaring non-stop.

Oct 31, 2017
I would be fine with either Warren or Harris, but I prefer Warren.

Expecting Harris though

Hopefully Biden subverts expectations and chooses Warren bye

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
This short list pretty much locks it to Harris for me. Warren would be better in the Senate and I don't see much chance of any of the other four.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
between harris and warren, i'd go with lizforma. she's always been the best attack dog on trump and she'd be a great VP

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Kamala is most likely and it's going to suck. Going to make getting meaningful police reform under a Biden government even harder to achieve.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Why are people in this thread acting like the VP is gonna seriously drive any type of policy, especially above the head of the President? They typically don't have any real power (unless the President dies obv). If you want progressive change keeping Warren in the Senate is a better look.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Is Abrams out? My dad is gonna blow a gasket, lol. He's such a huge Abrams stan.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people in this thread acting like the VP is gonna seriously drive any type of policy, especially above the head of the President? They typically don't have any real power (unless the President dies obv). If you want progressive change keeping Warren in the Senate is a better look.

Normally I agree with this take but I think Biden has the potential to be a GWB situation with the VP having a lot more say than usual.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Because Biden is very likely going to be a one-term president so any VP he picks will likely be the nom for 2024.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Normally I agree with this take but I think Biden has the potential to be a GWB situation with the VP having a lot more say than usual.
A GWB situation would be the VP being the shadow president and I don't think we're going there this time. If the House and hopefully the Senate push some great progressive policy through both chambers are we really concerned Kamala is gonna somehow whisper in Joe's ear to veto it? And he would comply?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I love Susan Rice, but BENGHAZI will be blaring non-stop.
Benghazi's going to be blaring non-stop regardless. At least this harmonizes an already existing point of attack against Biden as opposed to introducing a new one. Especially when we've already seen this one isn't getting much in the way of traction against him.

A GWB situation would be the VP being the shadow president and I don't think we're going there this time. If the House and hopefully the Senate push some great progressive policy through both chambers are we really concerned Kamala is gonna somehow whisper in Joe's ear to veto it? And he would comply?
Harris has aligned with Sanders on votes 93% of the time in the Senate.
I'd be more worried about someone else whispering in Biden's ear to crush progressive policy over her.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Abrams didn't make it :(

I really would like Warren but that means losing her Senate seat which won't be good so that's completely out of the question for me.

Harris then sounds like a good VP for Biden.

Interestingly enough, it says here that Harris actually now supports federal-level legalization of marijuana:

Harris did not initially support the legalization of recreational marijuana, but later moved to support legalization.[13]

In May 2018, Harris announced she would co-sponsor the Marijuana Justice Act (originally introduced by Senator Cory Booker in August 2017) which would legalize cannabis at the federal level by removing it from the Controlled Substance Act. The bill would also require federal courts to automatically expunge earlier federal marijuana convictions related to use or possession and would penalize states that enforce cannabis laws in a disproportionate manner against minority or low-income individuals.[17][18] In February 2019, as she reintroduced the Marijuana Justice Act, Harris asserted that the United States had not equally applied marijuana laws and "criminalized marijuana use in a way that has led to the disproportionate incarceration of young men of color."[19]

In July 2019, Harris and Representative Jerry Nadler introduced the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act of 2019, legislation that would legalize marijuana on the federal level in addition to expunging low-level marijuana possession convictions and authorizing grants to members of communities of color as part of an effort to reverse decades of damage cannabis criminalization had inflicted to those respective communities. In a statement, Harris cited the need to regulate marijuana and ensuring "everyone — especially communities of color that have been disproportionately impacted by the War on Drugs — has a real opportunity to participate in this growing industry."[21]

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad Whitmer is off the list. We need her in Michigan.

I'd be surprised if it's anyone but Harris or Warren, and they're both in states where they can presumably replace their seat with another Democrat

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Abrams didn't make it :(

I really would like Warren but that means losing her Senate seat which won't be good so that's completely out of the question for me.

Harris then sounds like a good VP for Biden.

Interestingly enough, it says here that Harris actually now supports federal-level legalization of marijuana:

Sorry I don't understand US politics, isn't Harris also a Senator?

How are they different?

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
As great as Warren would be, she would be better to stay in the Senate to help get things done.
Technically, the Vice President is president of the Senate, but for some reason, the precedent has been that the VP only acts as a silent supervisor and tie-breaker. It's such a weird role considering it's very important for being president in case of an emergency and for being a favorite for future nomination, but it also means that they're typically out of power for about 4 years.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Harris and Warren have been my top candidates throughout this whole process. I think that Warren would be most effective at VP, but that Harris has killed it the last 3 weeks. She's my top candidate, but I'd be happy with either.

If I were betting I'd bet in Harris. Although if someone brings up Warren's seat going republican I have a lot written up on how that's not happening. I'm on my phone and can't copy paste to find it but basically MA legislature has a veto proof majority that would require the governor to appoint a Democrat to the seat should Warren leave and it's just a temporary placeholder, and Dems will not lose that seat in a special election. Please search my post history from like the last 2 weeks "Warren Baker" and it'll show