• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry but that is patently absurd. If Biden responding to a clearly racist ad by Trump gets you to no longer vote for Biden against Donald Trump you were never really going to vote for him in the first place.

I'm not voting for a guy who's stoking the sort of racism that puts me and my loved ones in danger.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
Biden has spoken out, repeatedly, against the xenophobia perpetuated by the Trump administration.

This statement is literally 5 days old:

"These disgusting and racist acts must stop. They are grounded in an impulse that is as ugly as it is dangerously ignorant," Biden said.

Biden accused Trump of using rhetoric like "Chinese virus" to deflect from his mishandling of the virus and to "stoke feelings of hatred and anger" toward the Asian American and Pacific Islander community.

www.nbcnews.com

Biden criticizes Trump in statement against anti-Asian coronavirus racism

"Donald Trump and his Administration have failed to show almost any moral leadership when it comes to this issue,” Biden wrote in the statement.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations towards a minority member over multiple posts
I'm not voting for a guy who's stoking the sort of racism that puts me and my loved ones in danger.

This is just so ridiculous. Trump had a reporter plant a question a few days ago implying Obama funded a Chinese lab that created the virus!!

And you aren't going to vote for his opponent?!?

Sorry, not buying it.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm this as isn't as racist as people are saying.

But it makes me wonder, how effective will this ad be? It actually targets Trump pretty well from a Republican perspective

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I can understand people having issues with this, you are being intentionally dishonest to say this is more racist than trump. I'm not going to argue with that sort of intellectual dishonesty or straight up trolling

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Enough wasn't done after SARS to prevent this happening again and here we are.
That's a global problem, wildlife markets are just the tip of the iceberg.
Factory farming, unsanitary conditions, overuse of antibiotics and all the usual practices in animal agriculture contribute to this.
Swine flu, bird flu, the next pandemic will come sooner or later if we don't treat animals better globally.
(But I doubt we will because profits)

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Exactly. Trump supporters concern trolling.
Stop lying about your motivations.
"You're actually more racist as an Asian person for finding this racist, thus a Trump supporter"
livewl
This place is so fucking disgusting and hostile to Asian people it's not even funny, we used to have a lively Asian hangout thread but guess what everyone fucking left the site because of shit like this thread
As far as I'm aware, humans generally don't have yellow skin. No, I want you to stop lying.
Lesath is one of the few Asians on this site who bother posting on political threads and you're calling them a liar lol

fucking hell man

elty

Oct 31, 2017
had the outbreak had happened in a country withiut an autocratic dictatorship perhaps it could have been contained.
So with the benefit of hindsight, how many democracy was able to contain the outbreak when it take place in their own country? Taiwan, South Korea and who else?

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): dismissive commentary around racism
This is absurd.

The OP dropped this turd of a thread and then logged-off? Sounds convenient.

I can appreciate that heightened tensions are going to weigh on a lot of people, especially those that may be perceived to be at fault simply because of how they look.

What is particularly galling about some of the garbage takes from some posters is that somehow I need a permission slip from random Asian-looking people to comment on the mendacity of an authoritarian Chinese government currently engaged in a genocide.

Get a grip folks

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory false equivalence
Sometimes a country's government does bad things. That can't be covered up because we're concerned people might be racist against the civilians as a result. An extreme example would be: We shouldn't deny the Holocaust in order to prevent racism against Germans.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, but what?

You don't vote Biden, then what. Trump wins and your family is safe?

lmfao this is so bad it makes me doubt your actual point. I'm brown and I have had aggressive racism pointed to me and my family over YEARS. These last 4 years have been even worse. Our local mosque has had a record amount of bomb threats over the past 2 years, this administration tried to ban Muslims from entering, and in general has incited violence against all minorities. Not to mention they removed white supremacy as a threat/reduced FBI staffing for it.

What makes you think you'll be safe under an even more outrageous Trump? Term 2 will just validate himself more. Please, for your family, look beyond the presidency

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
This is absurd.

The OP dropped this turd of a thread and then logged-off? Sounds convenient.

I can appreciate that heightened tensions are going to weigh on a lot of people, especially those that may be perceived to be at fault simply because of how they look.

What is particularly galling about some of the garbage takes from some posters is that somehow I need a permission slip from random Asian-looking people to comment on the mendacity of an authoritarian Chinese government currently engaged in a genocide.

Get a grip folks
...is that really all you took away from this thread? No one is saying you can't criticize the Chinese government.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Can't wait until Asians start getting rounded up and pogromed in the west, I got yelled at and called a Chinese dog for going to the supermarket to buy toilet paper.

"Random Asian-looking people" god i'm going to fucking puke

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
The 40,000 travelers from China were probably mostly US Citizens returning so how is that racist?

If it were like the newspaper headlines with pictures of random Asian travelers minding their own business I would definitely call it blatantly racist. They're using stock footage of an airport.

Still not great but it's ridiculous to call it more racist than Trump

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
just as like an fyi here, as someone who only slightly knows lesath, they're not a trump supporter in the least (and are, in fact, asian)

it's completely fucking grotesque to see how many of you are falling over yourselves to declare things false flags from trump supporters just because people have different ideas of what is and isn't acceptable for political candidates to say and support while retaining their vote. genuinely, you need to look at yourselves and figure out why you respond to things like this. saying "I think this ad contributes to a culture of hostility toward asians and I won't support a candidate that does that" isn't grounds for this kind of shitty response.

you people scare me.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Can't wait until Asians start getting rounded up and pogromed in the west, I got yelled at and called a Chinese dog for going to the supermarket to buy toilet paper.

"Random Asian-looking people" god i'm going to fucking puke

So vote for the opponent of the actual racist President who is actively stoking racism.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
just as like an fyi here, as someone who only slightly knows lesath, they're not a trump supporter in the least (and are, in fact, asian)

it's completely fucking grotesque to see how many of you are falling over yourselves to declare things false flags from trump supporters just because people have different ideas of what is and isn't acceptable for political candidates to say and support while retaining their vote. genuinely, you need to look at yourselves and figure out why you respond to things like this. saying "I think this ad contributes to a culture of hostility toward asians and I won't support a candidate that does that" isn't grounds for this kind of shitty response.

you people scare me.
You know what's scary? 4 more years of Trump because someone refuses to see the forest for the trees.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
While I can understand people having issues with this, you are being intentionally dishonest to say this is more racist than trump. I'm not going to argue with that sort of intellectual dishonesty or straight up trolling

CCP control is benefitted by the US having someone like Trump in charge. Trump stokes xenophobia hard and that plays right into CCP nationalism and they use that to frame an "us against them," mentality. The CCPs worst nightmare would be a President that focuses on the government of China and clearly absolves the people. Trump doesn't really care about the humanitarian record of the CCP, he just wants "good deals." I expect a big push for Trump through CCP astroturfing this election.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Sounds totally fine to me. Calling out both Trump and Chinese govt. No where does it mentioned the Chinese people.

There is definitely a xenophobic undertone to the ad.

"Trump let 40,000 Chinese travelers into America!"

It says 40k travellers from China. May be watch again?

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm glad you get to decide that and the feelings of Asian members on the forum aren't real.

Like seriously? You guys are so fucking awful at handling any criticism of Biden at all

Ket, you're more full of shit than most. You're making generalizations while chastizing others for generalizations that they aren't even making. i didn't say shit about how the Asian members of the forum need to feel. I said something to one person who I thought was being ridiculous and insincere because the thread premise is garbage, as is the idea that anyone would agree with it.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
People's behaviour in this thread is fucking horrible. Essentially telling Asian-American posters that their only worth is in voting Biden.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine what would happen if someone posted a thread on ERA calling Rep. Omar an anti-semite for cutting an ad criticizing Trump and the Israeli government.

Status
Not open for further replies.