• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
He is working with me, and has given me some stuff to do, but I was looking for cycling specific core work. But after googling more it's all pretty much the same.

Injury was a herniated disc and mri has also shown a degenerative disc with facet anthropathy resulting in mild lateral stenosis.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Core work is core work for sure. You can target different areas with various exercises, but you want to do more than just crunches...wait, never do crunches. Plans, hip bridges and dead bugs are all very good. Single legged hip bridges are good way to isolate out your weaker glute/hamstring.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Trainer session went really well tonight. So much so that I'm actually wondering if TrainerRoad have fucked something up in a recent patch.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
1495.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...o-palermo-teenagers-bikes-stereos-in-pictures

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
My brand new commuter bike.
Haibike, XDURO Trekking s 5.0

Nice to finally cycle again, after my previous bike was stolen late last year.

What tracking apps do you all recommend?

Last edited:

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Wow nice bike, I would spend a serious amount of money getting a decent lock for that beauty
Absolutely, I got a fordable ABUS 6000. Should be good. :)
At home it will be in the apartment, and at work behind my desk. Don't plan to leave it out for long stretches of time, only shopping, dinner and the like.

Joined EraStrava, I'm Chris. :)

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Back to being incredibly hard on the trainer. Fuck a duck.

Was nice to have an easy day the other day though. Still not sure why.

Addnan

Oct 28, 2017
Hit the fucking deck today, wet leaves around a corner just smack onto my left side. Some burns and my bibs are fucked, but luckily I guess they were the cheaper btwin ones.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
That's the second leafy fall I've been reading about lately. This time of year can be properly treacherous.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not taking any chances riding outside with this weather. Just became a dad and I don't want a broken collar bone with a 3 month old daughter :D
Dry or damp is all I will take my roadbike outside for now!

Glad to hear you havent got more than bruises and a damaged ego and bib shorts!

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Did my first 'proper' ride today round some of my usual lanes since my back exploded in April. Felt great to be out. Flipping freezing though.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I was too ill to handle my trainer session today... or at least, too ill to get through it without completely ruining myself.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Wearing the right stuff makes all the difference. The tricky bit for me is getting it right so I don't boil or freeze. Layering helps.

HideyoshiJP

Oct 28, 2017
I'm buying an endurance road bike soon as a 50 pounds lost and halfway goal gift to myself.

My brother thinks the Canyon Endurace AL 7.0 is the best entry at the $1500 price point, but I'm also examining options from Cannondale, Giant, Felt, et al. Any suggestions? I'm wanting to stick to aluminum with Shimano 105 or better.

I'm so excited!

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
Canyon has some nice end of season deals each year.
I'm not sure if budget has to do with your choice for an Aluminium frame, but the difference to a Carbon Frame is quite small.

If your budget is around €1500 you can fit an Endurace Carbon Frame well within that budget.
I looked at the AL as well but figured that for only €200 more I could get a Carbon Frame with the same groupset, a Shimano 105.
I'm now slowly upgrading parts to Ultegra.

If you don't really care about customer service at a local bike shop, Canyon is the best value for money hands down. Other brands will cost you €3-400 more for the same groupsets.
For some reason they can offer killer deals with their direct to customer service.

Canyon Endurace CF 8.0 This one for instance is within your budget.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Morning all. I thought I'd ask here. Can any UKers suggest a storage shed type structure that I can store my Specialized Hybrid? Ideally it would need to just fit the bike and to be lockable. As much as I like the bike it kind of gets impractical to store it in the living room :) Cheers

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017
Morning all. I thought I'd ask here. Can any UKers suggest a storage shed type structure that I can store my Specialized Hybrid? Ideally it would need to just fit the bike and to be lockable. As much as I like the bike it kind of gets impractical to store it in the living room :) Cheers
so you can go in at the cheap end :- https://www.shedstore.co.uk/garden-storage/bike-storage/shire-bike-store-6-by-3
or get something a bit more secure :- http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/twin-bike-locker

but most advertised bike sheds are similar to the first.

HideyoshiJP

Oct 28, 2017
Canyon has some nice end of season deals each year.
I'm not sure if budget has to do with your choice for an Aluminium frame, but the difference to a Carbon Frame is quite small.

If your budget is around €1500 you can fit an Endurace Carbon Frame well within that budget.
I looked at the AL as well but figured that for only €200 more I could get a Carbon Frame with the same groupset, a Shimano 105.
I'm now slowly upgrading parts to Ultegra.

If you don't really care about customer service at a local bike shop, Canyon is the best value for money hands down. Other brands will cost you €3-400 more for the same groupsets.
For some reason they can offer killer deals with their direct to customer service.

Canyon Endurace CF 8.0 This one for instance is within your budget.
My aversion to carbon is just one of familiarity and potential longevity. I keep seeing Canyon being mentioned as the best value. I may just bite the bullet. That Endurace AL 7.0 also looks great in blue.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
My aversion to carbon is just one of familiarity and potential longevity. I keep seeing Canyon being mentioned as the best value. I may just bite the bullet. That Endurace AL 7.0 also looks great in blue.

Yeah that blue version really pops!
Are you thinking of going for a disc or rim brake version?

Oct 25, 2017

Carbon reliability not only changes from company to company, but even frames within the company. Different carbon designs by the same company will have different things to them based on their goal so the stress points could be different.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
I really want the endurace 8.0 cf sl disc. If I manage to do the event in targeting next year I might treat myself.

Joezie

Nov 6, 2017
Picked up a Yukon Trail SM24 a few weeks ago. Guy won it in a raffle and wasn't using it much so he put it up for sale. Got it for $300, like brand new. Still had the manual, parts and even threw in a spare pump. Been riding it into town these past few weeks and does wonders on elevation changes. Electric bike, lead acid battery for those curious.

navigator-sm24-1.jpg

I'll try and snap an actual photo of the bike ASAP and see if I can get it up here.

HideyoshiJP

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that blue version really pops!
Are you thinking of going for a disc or rim brake version?

She's a beauty. I'm open to both. I'd lean toward rim brakes, if only because I'm more familiar with them. I also like to pretend I'm some racer or something (maybe a turtle race).

Carbon reliability not only changes from company to company, but even frames within the company. Different carbon designs by the same company will have different things to them based on their goal so the stress points could be different.

That's fair. I'm clumsy as hell, though. I have not yet gone clipless. I'd probably screw up unclipping, falling, and damaging my frame. D:

Oct 25, 2017
She's a beauty. I'm open to both. I'd lean toward rim brakes, if only because I'm more familiar with them. I also like to pretend I'm some racer or something (maybe a turtle race).

That's fair. I'm clumsy as hell, though. I have not yet gone clipless. I'd probably screw up unclipping, falling, and damaging my frame. D:

It takes alot to break good carbon. Look up the Santa Cruz video on YouTube of them trying to break carbon frames.

How do you get fit for canyon bikes anyway?

Thinking you mean how you find the right bike? If you're buying a Canyon chances are you know exactly what you want in a bike fit. I know for me I'm 52/53 on a road bike and M/L for a mountain bike. After that it's just a feel.

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Thinking you mean how you find the right bike? If you're buying a Canyon chances are you know exactly what you want in a bike fit. I know for me I'm 52/53 on a road bike and M/L for a mountain bike. After that it's just a feel.

Yes.

I've browsed the canyon site a few times just to see and their sizes are like clothes (S,M,L,XL).

How does one know the size before buying.

Oct 25, 2017
You can probably find something to line them up to. Also can probably figure it out from the frame dimensions if they have them.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, there is. It's not foolproof, but as has already been said, most people buying that sort of bike have an idea of what they need.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
If you have someone to help you take your measurements, the tool on their site is pretty accurate.
I myself was a little on the edge of two sizes.
I chose the smaller size since riding on a bike a bit too large is more annoying than riding on a bike a size smaller.
(plus the frame is stiffer in a smaller size :P)

Tweaking of the saddle etc. is something you can do yourself or at a local bikeshop (If they don't chase you out with pitchforks because you bought a Canyon bike).

Last edited:

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I found you guys again! :)

I did my first Zwift race last night. I was in class C. The WBR 3 lap Volcano loop. 23mi. I found it so much better than just riding around. The incentive to keep up with a group is there, and to take your turn at the front to keep the group going faster. I was not prepared for how hard the starts are. People sprint! Groups form. And then it just settles out.

I came in 8th out of 11 in my class. I stuffed my face with pizza before deciding to try a race and had a stomach cramp for half the race. Never doing that again. I nearly puked during the final sprint!

The variety of sites that have popped up around Zwift amuses me. You really have to do a lot of googling to figure out how to get onto leaderboards correctly, etc...

Here are the results (Josh Wingell):
https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=14956

HideyoshiJP

Oct 28, 2017
If you have someone to help you take your measurements, the tool on their site is pretty accurate.
I myself was a little on the edge of two sizes.
I chose the smaller size since riding on a bike a bit too large is more annoying than riding on a bike a size smaller.
(plus the frame is stiffer in a smaller size :P)

Tweaking of the saddle etc. is something you can do yourself or at a local bikeshop (If they don't chase you out with pitchforks because you bought a Canyon bike).

I'm stuck between a 2XS and SX. I am a small man. :'( I hope the 2SX isn't like my current trek with only one bottle cage mount.

What if I'm into pitchforks?

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you on Zwift, the price is going up to $14.99 a year. Any existing subs are grandfathered into the old price for one year but after that it jumps

broony

Oct 27, 2017
The couple of zwift races I've done have been really fun and probably the hardest I've worked on there. When my fitness is up a bit will get back to them again. Maybe once a week or something.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Hmm, I just let my Zwift sub go on all Summer, unused at $10 a month. But for $15 a month, I'll probably cancel it for the summer months.