• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
That is weird, the devs said on stream you can get it later in the game.

Oh it will be available later.

Devs:
tenor.gif

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
But those are bullshit items. You can't just take out the BFG.
They didn't "take out the BFG", this isn't a DOOM game, there was no precedent established that the BFG is a staple of this franchise. It's a deluxe edition bonus item, plain and simple. Whether any game should ever be receiving deluxe edition exclusive content is an entirely issue but this particular instance is no more or less egregious than every other instance of deluxe edition exclusive content.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This has been listed in the deluxe edition forever now but it will be the go to excuse for people who weren't going to buy the game at all to post "Preorder cancelled!" or that they're waiting until the game is 90% off or, judging by a post on that Reddit thread, to pirate the game. (tf???)

Where did they screw up and say it would be in the game in the first place?

Rage 2 just won't be the same without the gun from DOOM. :((((((((
Yeah. That DOOM gun was the defining feature of Rage: A DOOM Story.
Best to wait until it goes on deep discount because they clearly stripped the game of its most important DNA

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue for many people is they showed the BFG in that IGN first video and at no point is it mentioned to be exclusive to the deluxe edition. It just looks like it's part of the game.

A much better way to show people exclusive content for the more expensive editions of a game is what DMC5 did and have a trailer dedicated to all of the weapons available to deluxe edition buyers. If DMC was showing the mega buster in the trailers people would have expected it in the normal edition. Or at the end of a trailer show the BFG and say exclusively for the deluxe edition.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to have to get very strong reviews for me to ignore this.

Otherwise, I'll get it when it's 20 bucks. Sorry, but you messed up with this baffling pre-order decision.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I read this as Doom Eternal for some reason and was very confused.

"Bethesda getting bold making the BFG a micro transaction for Doom."

Lol.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I thought it was only early access?

If true then me getting the game will be delayed even more.

I guess this is what they are addressing.

The last interview with the game director published by IGN stated that the BFG is unlocked during the campaign and the deluxe would unlock earlier.

Guess they didn't inform the director about scheming dlc during launch. (He was pretty excited about free updates during his interview about changing the world as players accomplish milestones ingame, introducing new bosses and enemies).

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Eh.

Sucks but oh well. If this of all things is what made you not want to get the game, then I don't think you were too interested in the first place.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Weeeeird but not unprecedented, didn't Rage 1 have preorder bonuses consisting of a class choice that gives you the benefit of all three classes and a double barreled shotgun?

I'm also confused by the idea of a superweapon being exclusive. Imagine just receiving the BFG9000 at the start of the game, most bonus weapons appear early so the early game goes wonky. Or whether it's just a weapon skin. Rage 1 had BFG bullets for one of the weapons, the BFG wasn't a separate weapon.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Eh.

Sucks but oh well. If this of all things is what made you not want to get the game, then I don't think you were too interested in the first place.

I mean, if the reviews were decent, and they hadn't done this, I would have gotten in.

But now I'm waiting for Black Friday.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Eh.

It is disappointing, but BFG ain't worth an extra 20 dollars. Still looking forward to the game