• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Feels like we're known this for awhile, it's separated out on the product page to the Deluxe Ed.

RAGE 2 Deluxe Edition includes:

• Base game
  • Rise of the Ghost Expansion
  • Nicholas Raine Armor
  • Settler Pistol
  • Mutant Monster Truck Skin
  • DOOM BFG Weapon
  • Wasteland wizard cheat codes
  • Progress Booster
  • Battle Standard
  • Exclusive Mission: "Cult of the Death God"

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll buy the deluxe edition when it's like 20 bucks. Rage 2 is essentially a new game despite being a sequel, so I'm not going to blindly buy an expensive version of it at launch.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I beat Rage when it came out and enjoyed it, but I don't remember anything implying it was a shared universe with Doom. Cool to have in the base game, sure, but it isn't like the BFG is being kept out of a Doom game. This just reminds me of the Mega Buster being in DMC5 or something.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
But those are bullshit items. You can't just take out the BFG.

YOU GET A BFG, AND YOU GET A BFG, AND YOU GET A BFG!*
81ECEDF48483DA15CA1EDFAAA53997B7FB13AEAA

*You only get a BFG if you own the Deluxe Edition

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
haha that's rich...

Wasn't planning on getting Rage 2 but that kinda sucks for people who are.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Clearly says "at launch" - thread title is incorrect and misleading in implying permanent exclusivity.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Really now...how much profit do publishers/developers attribute to these exclusive item deals? I mean it can't be that many copies of the premium editions of games being sold just by the virtue of locking behind shit like this?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exclusive guns are pretty common in shooter games. Hell even Destiny and Anthem have this sort of thing.

I guess it sucks? Also don't think I particularly care.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda is always in hot water and when they have a slight chance to make a good thing, they ruin it. And yes, is a launch exclusive, but that still doesn't make it less bad. Is pretty much "punishing" people for deciding to not spend more money on Day 1 (I say punishing in a loose term, is just videogames, but you get my point).

Oct 26, 2017
Exclusive guns are pretty common in shooter games. Hell even Destiny and Anthem have this sort of thing.

I guess it sucks? Also don't think I particularly care.

Jesus not the same. Destiny and anthem are looter shooters, Destiny have several dozens of weapons so losing one it isn't so important, and a good amount of them are variations of the same concept (assault rifle, carbine, rifle, etc). Anthem have randomized weapons.
Not having the BFG in Rage 2 because of this is more akin to making a weapon type exclusive in Destiny. Imagine if rocket launchers or beam weapons were exclusive.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is weird, the devs said on stream you can get it later in the game.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not that big of a deal but *once again* this means I'll be holding off until there's a version on sale that has all of the day 1 content.

Fuck this industry lol.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait for the same happening in DOOM.
"Chainsaw, Deluxe edition only"
Or in a QUAKE REBOOT
"Quad damage- only available for premium subscribers"

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It wasn't called the BFG in Rage.

Maybe the Authority Pulse Canon is in Rage 2 and the Reskinned DOOM version is the preorder version?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus not the same. Destiny and anthem are looter shooters, Destiny have several dozens of weapons so losing one it isn't so important, and a good amount of them are variations of the same concept (assault rifle, carbine, rifle, etc). Anthem have randomized weapons.
Not having the BFG in Rage 2 because of this is more akin to making a weapon type exclusive in Destiny. Imagine if rocket launchers or beam weapons were exclusive.

I don't think the BFG is the only gun of it's type in Rage 2. This isn't a hallway shooter, it's an open world FPS game. There are all kinds of guns in the trailers.

This doesn't even consider the fact that the BFG is from a different fucking game. The BFG isn't a Rage weapon it's a Doom weapon....

It's a silly pre order bonus. For fucks sake everyone here is acting like they removed all Assault Rifles from the game and put them behind a paywall. It's not even ONLY for Deluxe edition, just for a limited time!

The culture of outrage and entitlement in these game threads are getting out of hand. Get a grip guys.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given that they specify that it's exclusive at launch, I guess that means it will be available to others later. Super dumb move in my view. All this does is incentivize me hold off on getting the game until it's available to everyone, at which point the game will probably be cheaper *shrug*

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
If the reviews are strong then I'll be getting the deluxe anyway. Looking forward to seeing how Rage 2 pans out despite not caring at all about the original.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Watch, now that they've screwed up and had to clarify it, there will be backlash and they'll pretty much have no choice but to change it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If the reviews are strong then I'll be getting the deluxe anyway. Looking forward to seeing how Rage 2 pans out despite not caring at all about the original.
The footage looks very promising. Some of the "elite" looking enemies remind me of Halo CE.

I really hope the loot game is strong.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean okay sooo? Having a BFG at the start or at all seems extremely OP, and would sorta ruin the game to be quite honest.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This has been listed in the deluxe edition forever now but it will be the go to excuse for people who weren't going to buy the game at all to post "Preorder cancelled!" or that they're waiting until the game is 90% off or, judging by a post on that Reddit thread, to pirate the game. (tf???)

Where did they screw up and say it would be in the game in the first place?

Rage 2 just won't be the same without the gun from DOOM. :((((((((

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
I'm hoping the words "at launch" are key here. You also get the cheats automatically in the Deluxe Edition, but they're available with in-game currency for everyone else. TBH, rest of the game looks amazing, so I'm not getting hung up on fan-service.