• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AGoodJoe

Feb 19, 2019
This really hurts. I love this franchise. I love this game even. It's got worlds of potential, but that road map is downright disappointing. Is it wrong to say I miss the premium pass? Yes, it segmented the community, and costed an extra $50, but the content we got out of it was just worlds better than this...

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks, but I still like this free model better than premium. I'm at least going to come back to this game several times rather than not at all like the previous Battlefield games where I had to purchase the DLC.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
I wholeheartedly agree. I was very disappointed with Uncharted 4 MP. Not as much the maps, but I preferred Uncharted 2 and 3's MP over 4. I wasn't a fan of the supports, or downing enemies.

Also I wish Flynn's voice actor didn't get changed, I would have been fine if they reused his previous voicelines.

I noticed Flynn's voice change immediately since he was one of my favorite characters in the series. But since it's a English VA, I don't mind it. And did you play Classic Mode in Uncharted 4 MP? It's actually good, since they cut out all the BS you deal with. Not only that but you can see who's actually good at the game lol.

Well we did get Panzerstorm but if you prefer infantry the map kinda blows.

Isn't Infantry similar to Assault Class?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I wholeheartedly agree. I was very disappointed with Uncharted 4 MP. Not as much the maps, but I preferred Uncharted 2 and 3's MP over 4. I wasn't a fan of the supports, or downing enemies.

Also I wish Flynn's voice actor didn't get changed, I would have been fine if they reused his previous voicelines.

There is a classic mode in UC4 multiplayer.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
There is a classic mode in UC4 multiplayer.
I'm aware. Last I played, it wasn't that active, though.
I noticed Flynn's voice change immediately since he was one of my favorite characters in the series. But since it's a English VA, I don't mind it. And did you play Classic Mode in Uncharted 4 MP? It's actually good, since they cut out all the BS you deal with. Not only that but you can see who's actually good at the game lol.
Yeah, I was super excited to play it when it came out. I did for a bit and enjoyed it.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The current Dice team are an absolute disgrace. They've fucked BF's reputation right into the ground with all their bullshit. Every single one of them should hang their heads in shame for what they've done to this series. And the next time anyone uses free dlc as an argument for microtransactions BF V should be the first example of the total fuckery that GAAS are.

Why should the worst result of GAAS ever be the example of GAAS?
There is tons and tons of good GAAS, its the AAA greed that have killed BF, nothing else.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Would have taken a full priced Premium Pass with traditional delivery and quantity of post launch content over this.

Dont get me wrong, I really love Battlefield V. But this GaS content support model has been absolute arse.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why should the worst result of GAAS ever be the example of GAAS?
There is tons and tons of good GAAS, its the AAA greed that have killed BF, nothing else.
Eh, the only game with a large amount of maps is Gears 4 and those maps are much smaller then Bfv. I can't think of any major AAA FPS games with a lot of free maps. Or anything that rivals BF3/4 Premium

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
"Road map" is flying up my list of most annoying terms in gaming these days.

Game is fun, but holy shit has it been half baked. Many of us paid $60 for this game and them constantly reminding us how it is not "done" is annoying as hell. Seems like they're always out there "updating" us on BS the community doesn't want. Just release new maps. Don't talk about it, be about it.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I honestly don't understand why the no season pass model instantly means less maps. I mean they still have the same people working for them right?. Map designers are not programmers, they're not audio people, they're not mode designers. What have the map designers been doing the whole time? Locked up in a back room because they aren't needed anymore?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
This is kind of a disappointing roadmap. I quite enjoy BFV and not quite as pessimistic when it comes to the maps thus far but I think some of the decisions have been so disappointing. I don't care about more modes, more missions, battle royale or the previously released SP content post launch. My interests lie in the guns, maps and cosmetics. Having to wait 5 months since Panzerstorm is not great at all. This upcoming roadmap should have been trying to bring goodwill back among consumers showing they can deliver post content especially after BFII and the negativity of BFV launch.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It did take them about a year to get the first two expansions out for Battlefield 1. While they're a little slower paced with the first wave here, which is a shame, they're still on pace for that while adding in the Battle Royale mode, which I know isn't for everyone, but it does look quite good.

Battlefield V has some really excellent gameplay and it's a damn fine game. I'm going to judge this none Premium Pass model when it's all done, but not splitting up the player base and having a lower cost of entry for a lot of players is definitely a win for me, and Battlefront 2, which yes had a terrible launch, did recover really nicely and has seen an impressive amount of support which has matched or exceeded the originals post launch content.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
You'd like to think the next Battlefield in 2020 or 2021 will be modern day again and will sell much better. With post launch support 2 to 3 times better then BFV and also launches with more content. Bring back their BF4 and BF3 standards.
I don't know tbh it's always been one step forward two steps back with DICE so I don't expect much.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Well it did launch a disaster that took them about 6 months of "reflection" to finally sort out the xp system and micro transaction system. Both under sold compared to expectations.

You'd like to think the next Battlefield in 2020 or 2021 will be modern day again and will sell much better. With post launch support 2 to 3 times better then BFV and also launches with more content. Bring back their BF4 and BF3 standards.
I agree that BFV is tainted and has an uphill battle. We should know exactly whats coming in fall but we dont. Its like ea doesnt know either

I think modern battlefield is definitely what people want. But Id prefer some alt history cold war era.

But they cant bring back Premium. It will NOT work anymore. BF and COD are no longer the only options and neither are leading the industry.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I agree that BFV is tainted and has an uphill battle. We should know exactly whats coming in fall but we dont. Its like ea doesnt know either

I think modern battlefield is definitely what people want. But Id prefer some alt history cold war era.

But they cant bring back Premium. It will NOT work anymore. BF and COD are no longer the only options and neither are leading the industry.
They could bring back premium for $30 offer a lot of benefits and get the maps for 6 months before everyone gets them. Just a thought.

And yeah I'd take any era BF as long as it has jets and choppers. Vietnam, cold War, modern day all good.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Modern is not what people wanted. We wanted World War II, but actual battles that people know about. D-Day, Iwo Jima, Bulge, Stalingrad, etc etc.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
EA's free DLC model is basically just a slow drip of content that barely registers. Its embarrassing content compared to BF3/4 Premium.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
This is pathetic. EA must have stripped the crew down massively because of the game underperforming. Bring back season passes if this is what free maps means.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't Infantry similar to Assault Class?

Not sure what you mean. The map is built around tank combat.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They could bring back premium for $30 offer a lot of benefits and get the maps for 6 months before everyone gets them. Just a thought.

And yeah I'd take any era BF as long as it has jets and choppers. Vietnam, cold War, modern day all good.

Why pay $90 when you can play free to play AAA BR games and 3+ year long supported games like Siege and OW? Again, Black Ops Season pass owners are begginng treyarch to make maps free. They just want a unified player pool. Who wants to be inconvenienced by map packs and lose out on playing with friends? People will just move on from these games when theyre forced away from friends

Modern is not what people wanted. We wanted World War II, but actual battles that people know about. D-Day, Iwo Jima, Bulge, Stalingrad, etc etc.

Its been 2 games of World War. I think its done. People now want modern games for this gen with tons of gun customization. Thats what WWII lacks and what DICE struggles with in terms of player retention. I dont think COD or BF will ever return, and dice botched WWII

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
They keep trying these new modes but they end up just being shittier versions of Rush or Conquest. Why mess with whats a proven BF formula, the Rush mode this previous week was awesome.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
All that content sucks

No one wants a bad co op mode or sp dlc

Maps and factions is all mp fans want. ANd focusing on core modes. Operations the level of polish seen in bf1, Frontlines, Rush, CQ

If they only focused on just that + BR, it would have been a much more consistent package

This. All the post-launch support so far has been stuff the game should have launched with or totally pointless.

I hope the people still playing this enjoy going prone on their backs in rubble all over the darkest spots of the new maps this summer.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why pay $90 when you can play free to play AAA BR games and 3+ year long supported games like Siege and OW? Again, Black Ops Season pass owners are begginng treyarch to make maps free. They just want a unified player pool. Who wants to be inconvenienced by map packs and lose out on playing with friends? People will just move on from these games when theyre forced away from friends
i played with friends that had premium.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
My god this thread is relentlessly miserable, was hoping to see a few people hyped for the teased content. Outrage culture in full swing. Ah well, I'll keep playing with my mates and I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It did take them about a year to get the first two expansions out for Battlefield 1. While they're a little slower paced with the first wave here, which is a shame, they're still on pace for that while adding in the Battle Royale mode, which I know isn't for everyone, but it does look quite good.

Battlefield V has some really excellent gameplay and it's a damn fine game. I'm going to judge this none Premium Pass model when it's all done, but not splitting up the player base and having a lower cost of entry for a lot of players is definitely a win for me, and Battlefront 2, which yes had a terrible launch, did recover really nicely and has seen an impressive amount of support which has matched or exceeded the originals post launch content.
Uh, battlefront 2015 had way more DLC in its first 14 months then 2017s

Jan 4, 2018

This.

Berlin, Okinawa, Stalingrad, D-Day, the Bulge, El Alamein, Monte Cassino, Kursk, Wake Island, Dunkirk, Moscow, Iwo Jima. Market Garden, Guadalcanal.

Germany, Britain, USSR, Italy, Japan, USA, France.

No SP. No co-op mode. Only MP.

Conquest, Frontlines, Breakthrough, Operations.

It was my dream.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
The game launched with 8 maps... And they they plan for 4 more in 8 months? is this a joke?

We were not expecting 4 maps every 3 months, but at leat 1 map every 2... For goodness sake EA, this is the second gaas they launch and the second one they are incapable to support. Disgusting

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
It's clear to me that they need to follow in AC footsteps and take a year off, don't force them to release a game every two years.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well, it's good that we finally have an idea of when the next theater will hopefully be coming. Sucks that it's such a long wait until then.

It's quite good, yes, but they released it way too late for it too have much of an impact. I couldn't believe it wasn't available at launch, to be honest, it's all I would've played. I hated the sidekicks/mysticals BS they added to 4.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This.

Berlin, Okinawa, Stalingrad, D-Day, the Bulge, El Alamein, Monte Cassino, Kursk, Wake Island, Dunkirk, Moscow, Iwo Jima. Market Garden, Guadalcanal.

Germany, Britain, USSR, Italy, Japan, USA, France.

No SP. No co-op mode. Only MP.

Conquest, Frontlines, Breakthrough, Operations.

It was my dream.
Also known as Battlefield 1944... not Battlefield V.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't understand why the no season pass model instantly means less maps. I mean they still have the same people working for them right?. Map designers are not programmers, they're not audio people, they're not mode designers. What have the map designers been doing the whole time? Locked up in a back room because they aren't needed anymore?

It's all about profits. The reason they did away with season passes was because microtransactions in a GaaS have a much better profit margin. These items they sell probably take way less work and probably cost way less to make, so why bother with actual meaty content? I saw this shit coming from a mile away while every celebrated the "no more season pass" announcement's by all these devs and publisher. Because the CEOs want more for less.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My god this thread is relentlessly miserable, was hoping to see a few people hyped for the teased content. Outrage culture in full swing. Ah well, I'll keep playing with my mates and I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves.
Well, at least you can't say we're entitled too since the roadmap is free.

Oct 25, 2017
Some of us have been playing battlefield for almost two decades. DICE can do better and I have way higher expectations out of battlefield because of that. Stop wasting time with single player and co-op and focus everything on multiplayer. Don't really care about the royale mode since that is criterion.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of us have been playing battlefield for almost two decades. DICE can do better and I have way higher expectations out of battlefield because of that. Stop wasting time with single player and co-op and focus everything on multiplayer. Don't really care about the royale mode since that is criterion.
Yep. I started with Battlefield 2 Modern Combat on the PS2 in 2005 and I've played every game since, except BFV which I have refused to buy because of the lack of content.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Don't really care about the royale mode since that is criterion.

Which is even more baffling. I'm sure DICE had some input into Firestorm but the fact that it was developed by another leaves me wondering - what have DICE been up to since November? Surely the fixes that we received did not take up the entire team's focus.

I'm not part of the video game industry so I guess I don't really know how long it takes to do things but it seems like things take way too long to be fixed/developed in general? I mean some developers have hundreds of people yet it still takes months to get any meaningful content? I know in my job (farming) timing is critical on getting things done and profits get eaten up rather quickly if you're not on the ball and don't get things done in the right time frame. I'm assuming this same principle applies to all industries and aspects in life yeah?