• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the stream he mentioned zones, was the game scaled down from wide open planets to just zoned off sections of world

Oct 24, 2019
Ghost Recon aside, pretty much all of Ubi's games since 2016 have been great, so yeah I'm excited. AC Origins, AC Odyssey, Watch Dogs 2, Mario + Rabbids, Division 2, South Park 2, Far Cry 5, etc... they've earned my trust on this

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The whole thing seems super weird.

They're dumping a lot of money into a sequel to a game that flopped.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I used the wrong term.

Live service tool designed to constantly engage your time and get you to keep dropping money.

I just wanted a current gen Zelda/Pokemon Snap.
After reading your post I actually looked around and came across "shared world and events with other players" and "always online requirement".

Yikes... this is clearly not for me anymore.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
After reading your post I actually looked around and came across "shared world and events with other players" and "always online requirement".

Yikes... this is clearly not for me anymore.

Fortnite, Destiny, Warframe and Overwatch are hot items. Maybe not for everyone who'd like a sequel exactly like the original, but online only is by no means whatsoever an impediment for a game's success anymore.

The original being more of a cult classic than a seller makes the prequel's direction more questionable than anything.

Then again, the universe is unique and quirky, so more power to them if they can pull it off.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm somewhat interested. The world they created is cool as hell and I'm excited to explore it. None of the gameplay ideas and technology they floated has any kind of appeal to me though. I also think the tonal shift is somewhat jarring, but I can understand that Ancel always wanted to make that French scifi game and was previously held back by technology, resulting in a cutesier game than he intended. Interested, but not hyped I wouldn't say.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I just saw the stream they did earlier today and I'm really impressed at the art they're showing off, it's such a distinct flavor of sci-fi.

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019
Zero hype. Remember WILD? Haha.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Ubi cancels it. Especially after their recent press release.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite, Destiny, Warframe and Overwatch are hot items. Maybe not for everyone who'd like a sequel exactly like the original, but online only is by no means whatsoever an impediment for a game's success anymore.

The original being more of a cult classic than a seller makes the prequel's direction more questionable than anything.

Then again, the universe is unique and quirky, so more power to them if they can pull it off.
Oh I didn't mean to say that the game will be bad now. Just doesn't seem like they type of games that care for anymore.

Always online (and shared world experiences to a lesser extent) is basically a deal breaker for me no matter the franchise.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I got a survey in the email from Space Monkeys Program, and this is one of the questions:

zXdDFVp.png

You know what to do... let them know that BG&E fans couldn't care less about all those GaaS/MMO/lootershooter crap <3

JediEagle

Oct 17, 2018
Slovenia
Hopefully I'll get the survey as well. This is one game, where I am ready to write a lot of reasons, why this should not be an online game :D

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
#NotMyBG&E
it's looks nothing like the game i loved, so it's really hard for me to be excited about it. it also doesn't look like a game that will come out anytime soon, or look like anything we've seen so far when it does come out.
This. Its got the name but may as well be a different series.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I mean, it's so far away. I'm definitely excited at its existence, but it's hard for me to get hyped over something so far off. Beyond Good & Evil is one of my favorite games of the PS2 era, and I've been waiting forever for a sequel. It's a shame that it's not going to be a continuation of that story, but I am happy that we're getting another game set in that universe.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I'm hyped for it to be done, so Ancel can make the 3D Rayman sequel he wants to make. His other project will likely be cancelled.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Any update on this game at all? Like seriously... I want it but I have a feeling it'll be released by the time PS6 is coming out.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Any update on this game at all? Like seriously... I want it but I have a feeling it'll be released by the time PS6 is coming out.
It was always a ps5 / nextgen game. They just switched studio location this summer and didn't really show the game at E3. Expect a reveal at E3 2020 or E3 2021. It will have a beta first as they've spoken about that. Whether that beta is in 2021 or later idk :P I just doubt it will be this year as it does not seem like something for the launch of the next consoles. Most likely late next year for the beta, maybe.

Long story short, it won't be launching officially for 2+ years. In my opinion, of course.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
It was always a ps5 / nextgen game. They just switched studio location this summer and didn't really show the game at E3. Expect a reveal at E3 2020 or E3 2021. It will have a beta first as they've spoken about that. Whether that beta is in 2021 or later idk :P I just doubt it will be this year as it does not seem like something for the launch of the next consoles. Most likely late next year for the beta, maybe.

Long story short, it won't be launching officially for 2+ years. In my opinion, of course.
That is insane eh. Sucks that it is taking this long. Didn't know that the studio location changed....

I really hope it is a great game after all these years. And fingers crossed for something at this year's E3!